September 23, 2014 | 2005 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - The Comforter Bubble Bar

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by crimson101294

This has got to be my favourite bubble bar from Lush. I have already re-purchased it. It smells AMAZING, like blackcurrants, but it isn't too sickly, although it is strong smelling. Priced 4.50gbp, it isn't going to break the bank at all, especially as it is massive (200g) so you can get a good few uses out of it.
What first attracted me to this in the Lush shop was how it looked. It has bright pink swirls going through it and just looked so pretty, I had to go over and smell it. This was when I fell in love with it (aha).

It doesn't have any packaging or anything, but there are like little paper bags that you put your "naked products" in if that makes sense, then you get a paper bag to put it into when you pay, which you can recycle after (which I like, as I like to recycle haha).

So, when I came round to using it in the bath (the 1st time), I didn't know you could break chunks off and keep the rest for future use, so I threw the whole thing in, crumbling it under the taps. First of all, my bath started turning pink which I loved (it does not stain your skin, or the bath or anything) then it started producing mounds of bubbles, I didn't have to add my own bubble bath to it or anything. The bath smelt AMAZIIIIIIIING too, I just love the smell of this so much.

It left my skin feeling so smooth and moisturised when I got out the bath and the smell of the bubble bar lingered on my skin for a couple hours after too :)
Safe to say I love this bubble bar.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 2:13:00 AM More reviews by bekahh101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely adore this product. It was the first Lush product I ever tried, and it definitely got me hooked on the brand. The first thing you'll notice is its size and scent. It is Lush's equal biggest bar (same size as Blue Skies and Fluffy Clouds). I get 4 uses out of mine by cutting it into 4 equal parts, and using 1 per path. My bath is isn't huge but its probably a bit bigger than average - it's fairly long and deep, and even when I use just one quarter of the bar I get a huge amount of soft, fluffy white bubbles and bright pink water.

It smells truly beautiful - I can't stop sniffing the bar, the water or my skin after using it! I can definitely smell the blackcurrents, and it has a lovely sweetness about it which to me doesn't smell sugary or synthetic, but fruity and natural. I don't find it overpowering in the slightest, but then I do prefer stronger scents. However, if you do give it a whiff and find it too strong, bear in mind that it doesn't smell that strong in the bath - in fact, I have to actually sniff the water/bubbles to smell it once I'm in the bath, and it only lingers on my skin slightly after I get out. If I use a moisturiser after bathing, I can't really smell it on me. This is probably the only thing I wish I could change about it - I love the scent, and would like to smell it on my skin a bit longer after use!

It is also environmentally friendly, as it is one of Lush's many naked products. It comes in that distinctive Lush yellow paper which I keep my bar in and recycle after using it. Another added bonus is that despite the strong pink colour it didn't stain my bath at all.

Yes, it is pricey ($10.50AUD) however as I mentioned above, you can get four uses of out easily (maybe even more with a smaller bath - as mine is fairly large and I still get lots of bubbles and a strong colour with just a quarter, maybe I could use even smaller pieces?) This, in my eyes, justifies the bar as not only can you use it multiple times, but you really do get what you pay for - this bar is very high quality. It smells fantastic, does exactly what it claims (colours the water and gives loads of bubbles) and just provides a wonderful bath experience. I find that it's best to use in winter, on a cold day if you've had a tough day or just need to relax - I had a bath with this the night before an exam and it really helped me feel calm and relaxed, and I slept well that night. This is definitely a product everyone should try at least once.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

I adore LUSH, and while I have only recently started venturing more into the bath products instead of just sticking to my tried and true favorites, this is one of my original must haves that I will never go without.

I think that I first bought this because of the colors. Seriously, I can't think of anything more appealing than a pink bath, with LOTS and LOTS of bubbles that smells awesome. And this little wonder is all of that and more.

The smell is seriously incredible. Girly and like candy and everything that I love. The water turns a pretty pink color and the bubbles are large and last the whole time I am in the bath. Some times I use it by itself, other days I pair it with a bath bomb. I just rip off a chunk, drop some in as the tub is filling up, then hold the rest under the faucet as I continue to crumble the bar. It makes fantastic, large, and numerous bubbles.

My only complaint is that 10.95 USD is quite expensive. I do get about six to eight uses out of it though, which I suppose justifies the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

Love the smell of this and it does a nice job of bubbling up! Its a bit pricey but can be used multiple times.

Planning to repurchase soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by sugarfreepersonality

This bubble bar is one of the only things I consistently repurchase at Lush c: I don't trust any other bubble bath concoction to do the trick... this is it for me! I love the deep pink this bar gives me, and if you do it right, your bathtub will be overflowing in a mountain of lovely-smelling bubbles. I know mine always is! I personally recommend crumbling the bar in your hand while holding it under the pressure of the faucet while you draw your bath. Have fun ladies (and gentlemen)!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of LUSH's most popular bubble bars. To use it, simply break off a piece and crumble it under running water. This is my favorite one by far! Smells lush and girly, without being too sweet. Also, turns the bathwater PINK and adds tons of bubbles. I did not have any trouble with staining in the tub or clogging the drain.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Pumpk1npie

While this smells totally amazing, like bubblegum and candy floss, I don't think I'll be buying this again! When I crumbled it into my bath, I was extremely disappointed with the amount of bubbles it produced - I had heard so many people praising the gigantic, never seen before vast array of sweet smelling bubbles, but somehow, this wasn't true for me. It created very few bubbles, of which I hardly found any scent. Also, the chunk which I had dissolved, or so I thought, hadn't - the bath water was barely bubbly with a hot pink gritty residue beneath me where not all of the product had dissolved. However, the size of the bar was reasonable - it managed to provide me with 5 baths - but I feel it was overpriced for the quality of the product. As much as I adore the smell, I will not be repurchasing, as my skin did not feel particularly moisturising, the residue was a waste, there was a disappointing outcome with regards to bubbles and its slightly overpriced. Smells like heaven but its such a shame.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by blackzebra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The smell of this is amazing. Creamy blackcurrants. It's so fruity and delicious! However if you want bubbles you'll need a jacuzzi tub or a shower head to point at the bubble bar when you fill your tub up. I used the whole thing and the water smelled a little bit like the bubble bar but not much. It was a gorgeous magenta color and little pink bubbles lined the tub but I could have gotten better bubbles using soap bars. For the price I expected it to be a little better... ://

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by PinkSparkles15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is actually amazing! It's a really nice bubble bar, and I think I know why it's called The Comforter..Because it's actually really comforting & it actually made my skin reasonably soft.! I love everything about this bubble bar.
It smells gorgeous like fruity & blackberries. It makes the water in your bath a lovely shade of pink and there are so many bubbles! Another great thing about this bubble bar is the size of it. Being quite big, you can cut it into 4 or 6 slices (I cut it into 4 because my bath is kinda big). Overall this product is perfect. It felt beautiful and feminine in the bath & it smelt wonderful too. I felt as if I was being pampered.Oh and my super sensitive skin didnt react to it :) It's such a relaxing bubble bar and it really does comfort you. It's a great choice to use right before bed. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

I love this bubble bar! The smell is incredible - and after a long day it's nice to soak in a fresh smelling pink bubbly tub! Very uplifting, girly, and pampering! I highly recommend if you are looking for a bubble bar with a lot of uses/product. You only need to crumble the smallest amount under the running water every time.