April 16, 2014 | 1986 users online

Shampoo - Clairol - Herbal Essences - Color Me Happy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After trying several different color-preserving shampoos, I finally settled on this one. I've gone through 3 bottles and I adore it.
To start, it smells awesome and lathers well, I feel like it really cleans my hair as I'm washing it. The bottle is a great shape to turn upside down without falling over, and it's easy to open in the shower with wet fingers.
After I condition and dry my hair, it's shiny, bouncy and soft. It looks healthy and the color is preserved. My hair isn't dry or weighed down, it's perfect.
I'll absolutely keep buying this, it's my new favorite shampoo!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by LNSklnjr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have loved this smell since middle school, when I feel like every girl had a bottle of Herbal Essences in their shower. The new packaging is cute and girly, and I like that you can flip the container upside down when it gets low without it falling over. However, I find this shampoo to be very drying. Its great for when you have product build-up, or have let a good blowout last 2 or 3 days, but using this daily really dried out my ends and even my scalp. I would think it was just me, but my bf was complaining of his scalp itching after using this also. If this came in a milky, moisturizing formula, I would repurchase...but as it stands, there are better shampoos - even cheap ones - out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by sarah7855

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I get my light brown hair colored every six weeks to a rich brunette. I've used a few different color shampoos, including Redken for awhile, but nothing works like this stuff. And it's cheap to boot. My hairdresser says I have the shiniest hair she's seen in awhile, my color lasts, it smells incredible (I've been told that my hair smells so good by a couple different guys) and it makes my hair nice and soft. I'll be buying this one for awhile!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by sarahann1994

I LOVE this shampoo so much. I color my hair to a dark natural brown and I noticed that when i use this shampoo, it actually makes my hair look brighter and healthier. It lathers really well and makes my hair smell awesome. I always get asked what I use in my hair and it's only after I use this shampoo. I will always repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 4:24:00 AM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i liked the old packaging better the more earthy rose one :) but it still smells the same, i switch between this and abba and pureology leaves my hair shiny full of volume i have to alternate tho with a moisturizing shampoo because if you use this more than 2 or 3 times in a row its going to dry ur hair out so alternate :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2011 9:52:00 AM More reviews by caligirl7837

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to shampoo. After having an awful experience with Pantene, I switched back to using this product. It immediately brought my hair back to life and made it soft and shiny again. Would definitely recommend this product for bleached hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2011 3:23:00 AM More reviews by imwhatshesaid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I heard good things about it, it was accessible and I didn't want to research too much for a good color shampoo. I guess I got what I deserved, because this shampoo isn't all that. (Just for the record: I only have a small 2" thick strip of blue bleached/died in my long brown hair.) While washing my hair, I can sometimes see blue dye show up as I lather, and I usually always see blue on the shower floor as I rinse it out.
I was also looking for a conditioner that would add shine to my hair. Technically, Color Me Happy's does that, but not to the level I want.
The only good thing is if I leave the products in my hair for a long time, and wear my hair a certain way, then it smells really good.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by sefleury

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this product along with the conditioner. I switched from Pantene and even my hairdresser says my hair has never looked or felt better. I will never switch from these products. I have long blond hair and constantly get wonderful compliments since I switched to Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Olive143

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I read great reviews about this product in many magazines. However, It made my hair texture like straw. I don't think it is very gentle because the fragrance is a bit overwhelming. It's like using Johnson's Baby shampoo on your hair. Claims to be gentle but not really. I use it for shaving gel. Possibly a clarifying shampoo? I can see this zapping the color and moisture right out of my hair really quickly.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2010 4:01:00 AM More reviews by kbur084

I bought the shampoo and conditioner purely because it smelled awesome and the packaging was really pretty. It works good as a shampoo-conditioner, but it doesnt really help keep your hair color at all, but your hair will smell very nice. So overall, id buy this again, but only because i like the smell.