October 24, 2014 | 1628 users online

Shampoo - Clairol - Herbal Essences - Color Me Happy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

Continuously repurchased this shampoo despite having higher end salon shampoo and conditioner available. I always fall back on this after using salon products. It makes my hair smell SO good and fruity, and my boyfriend always comments on how good my hair always smells. It lathers amazingly and there's really nothing I dislike about this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by kpharm2013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo is just ok, honestly. I have blond highlights, so wanted something that would keep them from fading. This does do a good job of that. It has been almost 3 months since my last highlight, and I can't tell that the color has faded at all. But it leaves my hair feeling dry, even with conditioner and leave-in moisturizer. So it isn't bad, but I will probably be looking for something else once I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by fullundisclosure

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

For anyone who dyes their hair unnatural colours (in my case, turquoise), this shampoo is a GODSEND! Some background info: a little more than a month ago, I dyed some of my hair with Manic Panic (a semi-permanent hair dye); I bleached it first; and I wash my hair 3 times a week. I have used this shampoo (and the matching conditioner) the entire time and the colour has barely faded at all; I have not touched it up since the initial dye-job because it is still very vibrant. I don't even put any dye in the shampoo or conditioner, because only some of my hair is turquoise, and I don't want to tint the rest of my hair. I highly recommend buying this if you want your colour to last for a long time... and also because it's fairly cheap and smells amazing! My hair looks and feels very healthy, but I would recommend using Moroccan oil or something similar after you wash it, because I found that my hair felt a little dry without it, and I quite often curl my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by msaunderscam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

My mother and I have been using this shampoo for a LONG time now! I'm not quite sure why she hasn't switched to Body Envy because we both would enjoy more volume and she doesn't even dye her hair, but whatever. This product gives both of us shine, a little bounce, and an overall healthy look with a great smell to boot. Love this shampoo.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by ilovemacchiato

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This made my scalp flake! Otherwise it looks nice and smells nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by lollylilly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the shampoo (and conditioner) that I keep coming back to again and again. My hair is quite easy to deal with - straight and fine. It's occasionally a little flat or frizzy, but generally it doesn't need much attention. My favorite thing about this shampoo has always been the smell - it has an absolutely wonderful scent. My husband always notices and tells me how good my hair smells when I use it. It also gets my hair nice and clean without leaving it feeling stripped. I don't actually color my hair, so I can't speak to how well it helps preserve your color, but for my needs it's perfect. Would highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

After trying several different color-preserving shampoos, I finally settled on this one. I've gone through 3 bottles and I adore it.
To start, it smells awesome and lathers well, I feel like it really cleans my hair as I'm washing it. The bottle is a great shape to turn upside down without falling over, and it's easy to open in the shower with wet fingers.
After I condition and dry my hair, it's shiny, bouncy and soft. It looks healthy and the color is preserved. My hair isn't dry or weighed down, it's perfect.
I'll absolutely keep buying this, it's my new favorite shampoo!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by LNSklnjr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have loved this smell since middle school, when I feel like every girl had a bottle of Herbal Essences in their shower. The new packaging is cute and girly, and I like that you can flip the container upside down when it gets low without it falling over. However, I find this shampoo to be very drying. Its great for when you have product build-up, or have let a good blowout last 2 or 3 days, but using this daily really dried out my ends and even my scalp. I would think it was just me, but my bf was complaining of his scalp itching after using this also. If this came in a milky, moisturizing formula, I would repurchase...but as it stands, there are better shampoos - even cheap ones - out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by sarah7855

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I get my light brown hair colored every six weeks to a rich brunette. I've used a few different color shampoos, including Redken for awhile, but nothing works like this stuff. And it's cheap to boot. My hairdresser says I have the shiniest hair she's seen in awhile, my color lasts, it smells incredible (I've been told that my hair smells so good by a couple different guys) and it makes my hair nice and soft. I'll be buying this one for awhile!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by sarahann1994

I LOVE this shampoo so much. I color my hair to a dark natural brown and I noticed that when i use this shampoo, it actually makes my hair look brighter and healthier. It lathers really well and makes my hair smell awesome. I always get asked what I use in my hair and it's only after I use this shampoo. I will always repurchase this.