October 21, 2014 | 1241 users online

Dry Shampoo - Rene Furterer - Naturia Dry Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by noname103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff showed up really gray on my black hair. The instructions tell you to pat it off with a towel then comb through, but I don't like to comb too much because it ruins the purpose of preserving my hairstyle by not washing my hair again. After patting some of the grayness went away but it still left my shiny black hair with an odd grayish tinge. Other than that, it does an OK job of removing oil. I am actively looking for a better alternative but would repurchase this if I can't find one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by MadameFabulina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely stellar product! Tried Batiste from Sally's (pretty good, but still left a touch of the oilies), and most recently Rub Out by Ojon (sucks my left you-know-what), and this outshines them all. I tried Oscar Blandi's powder once upon a time, but was so turned-off by the process of shaking into hands, then placing strategically throughout the scalp (too much work!), that I ended up returning that one to Sephora.

This product just soaks up the oil so well and so fast, and like 2 reviewers below me stated, it amps the volume a bit and your hair ends up looking great!

I feel badly for the reviewer right before me that colors her hair dark and is seeing some stripping - I am going to be going darker myself here soon, so I will test that out and see what happens - hopefully it won't be a problem.

Other than this being kinda pricey and not that big a can, I absolutely adore it. ♥

Edit on 5/24/09: I just went from blonde to brunette 2 weeks ago, and so far for me, this product has not stripped any color from my hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2009 11:59:00 PM More reviews by yummygreencake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you color your hair dark do not use this product. I have my hair professionally dyed, and only recently realized that this product strips the color from my hair. I hadn't noticed before because I used a dark towel to rub the powder out, and I only rarely used the product. However, I bought new white towels and when I used one to rub the powder out a shocking amount of dark brown color rubbed off onto the towel. The product works really well otherwise as far as removing oil, but obviously this is a deal-breaker for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2009 9:38:00 AM More reviews by olelala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely cannot profess enough how much I adore this product. It's above and beyond HG for me. While I love the slightly dirty hair look, my scalp tends to get greasy which makes me wash my hair every single day (bad, I know). Ever since finding this product a year ago, it's basically been true love. I spray it at the roots, then wait 2 minutes for it to dry. I have naturally jet black, straight Asian hair, and once brushed in the powder is undetectable. My normally flat, slightly greasy hair all of a sudden has loads of volume, and just looks so GOOD. Because of this I can get away with extending a good blow dry 2 or 3 days, and my hair - dare I say it - manages to look only nicer and nicer!

I personally love the subtle smell of lemons on my hair, and don't know why some users think it smells weird. I suppose it's up to you, but I've only gotten compliments on the smell.

I've tried Klorane, Oscar Blandi, Ojon and even good ole J&J baby powder - I don't recommend ANY of them. Klorane lasts all of 4 uses, Oscar Blandi and Ojon both smell horrific and my hair is STILL greasy after application, and the baby powder - well let's just say it was a weak attempt and I now know why it was never marketed as a hair product, haha.

One thing I've been careful with is to wash with a clarifying shampoo once a week (I like Bumble & Bumble Sunday Shampoo) to prevent any build up. Works like a charm. I'm going on my 3rd bottle of Naturia, and I will go through loads more. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2009 2:35:00 AM More reviews by jferrarese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm in love with this stuff - it's my HG dry shampoo. I've tried them all - Klorane, Blandi (both powder and spray - stay AWAY from the powder!!!!) and this is one does what I need it to do. I'm wondering if the color of your hair impacts how well it works for you; I'm a medium blonde with highlights and it's spot on, none of the grayness associated with dry shampoo. Just like what my hair looks like after a wash (more or less...but really don't expect it to looks exactly that fresh). Other friends of mine, also blonde, love it. Brunettes maybe a little less. But the smell is fine, it works really well and it does just mop up the oilies like nothing else. Plus it gives GREAT volume, I have medium long thick hair and it really boosts mine in a noticeable way.

All in all, I'd advise this product. I shared with several friends and they are buying it too. I think one needs to remember this is not like really washing your hair but really extends a blow dry and freshens you up when you can't get to lathering up for real.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by trianne11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really hoping that this would work for me but I thought the product was:
1) Way too expensive for the small amount you get
2) Made my hair static-y the second after I sprayed it
3) Had the most unbearably awful smell ever. Seriously. I don't mean to be graphic but it honestly smelled like cat pee. My husband could smell it from across the room and told me it was disgusting.

Back to the store it goes!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2008 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Elizabeth99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very nice product; it has a gentle "nature" smell. I find it effective, but I prefer the Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo, which is a much better price, as well as using less packaging. However if you don't like the lemony scent of the Blandi, then the Rene Furterer is quite nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2008 11:19:00 PM More reviews by citizendumonde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is great for people who shower at night or do pilates before work. It gives you insta-volume and fluffiness, plus a fresh smell. It's perfect for the day-to-evening transition, and greatly cuts down on prep time. I LOVE THIS and wish it didn't run out so quickly. I go through a bottle every 3 weeks or so, using it maybe 15 times. Don't use too much, or you will get a whitish dusty effect. And do use Rene over Oscar Blandi.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2008 1:46:00 AM More reviews by jennyjbloom

Love this! I'm always running late in the morning and this stuff helps to revive my limp strands in a hurry. I attempted to try Ojon's rub-out but the scent is much too strong (vanilla-y sweet) for my tastes so I will be sticking to Rene Furterer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2008 4:11:00 PM More reviews by ehadams

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the only dry shampoo that has worked for me. I have really oily hair, so I have to wash it everyday or it turns into a greasy, limp mess- but thanks to Rene Furturer's dry shampoo I can skip a day sometimes. This stuff dries my hair out to a normal level and gives it some volume. The best thing is that it lasts throughout the day- other dry shampoos worked ok for 4 hours, then I got all oily again. It is a bit expensive, but I don't use it that often so it evens out. I suggest only using it around your scalp/roots, and make sure you follow the instructions. Also, I suggest doing this before putting on your clothes, just in case you miss a little with the spray.
Pros:
-Dries oily hair, gives it volumne
-Didn't leave my hair white or chalky (although I have dark blonde hair)
-Lasted all day
-Rene Furturer is a natural, cruelty-free line
Cons:
-Expensive
-Not the best smell (although doesn't last long)
Edit: I have used this a bunch of times now and it is still the best! It makes my hair look clean and bouncy, and it lasts ALL DAY. Haven't run out yet either. Upgraded to 5 stars!