Rimmel Lycra Lash Extender

3.6

on 10/27/2011 11:09:00 PM

I have very straight, average length lashes. This mascara gave a nice amount of length and held a curl well. However, it was REALLY wet and ran with the slightest bit of moisture.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I found this product in my sisters drawer and have been using it. I can't tell how long she's had the product but it seems EXTREMLEY wet and I have no idea if that's because she dropped it in water or something. It just seems oddly wet like I've never seen in a mascara. Anyway, it DOES do a good job of keeping the curl which I like. But it is way too wet and I really hope that this is not how the mascara is. Would I buy again? Yes, hopefully less wet or damaged as this one. Get's 3 lippies but I may edit once I buy a fresh tube. See how that goes.

on 9/3/2011 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is one of my favorite mascaras that i have used. I like that this mascara doesn't clump on my lashes or create spider legs effect even if you put on two coats of mascara. It does lengthen well and keeps your lashes stay curl for a few hours. It doesn't smudge or makes my lashes feel dry. Try this mascara out if you don't want clumpy lashes.

on 8/29/2011 11:18:00 AM

This is a great basic mascara that does exactly what it says it does. Although my lashes are naturally long, this makes them appear even longer, which is great for my everyday work/au naturale look. It does add some curl, but it doesn't hold it as well as a waterproof mascara would. This mascara doesn't give any volume, nor does it promise to do so, so don't expect it to thicken your lashes. The formula is thin and a little bit on the dry side, but it has ZERO clumps and does not flake on me at all. I have had no problem layering this mascara on so it's definitely buildable. Packaging is functional and sleek, with a cute cap, and the mascara doesn't appear to be drying out, so it works! Got this for CDN$3.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart during a sale, and will definitely repurchase! If you're looking for a cheap lengthening/everyday mascara, this is it!

on 8/28/2011 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

60% more length and 50% more curve? Heck no. Not a bad everyday mascara that gives some nice colour and definition, but it doesn't live up to its promise. I find that it doesn't clump or glue lashes together, but the lack of length breaks it. It does hold curl well, but I've found waterproof mascaras that do it better.

on 8/1/2011 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This mascara does it's job by lengthing and holding it's curl. No it's not a volumizing mascara so I don't know what people expect. I do not find that it clumps on me, infact it's been a great mascara to me. I use this on days where I don't feel like wearing much makeup. I do my eyebrows, apply a little blush, and I apply a coat or two of this mascara on and I'm set. I love the way it fans out my lashes and makes them look longer.

on 7/25/2011 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This mascara does a nice job of lengthening and holding a curl like it promises to do. However...if your eyes water even a little from allergies or laughing too hard, this mascara will be all over your eyelids. Not attractive! It does not hold up to the slightest bit of moisture, so I have to toss this one in the bin.

on 7/20/2011 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this mascara, I have naturally dark, thick lashes but they are relatively short. Despite their thickness, I still like a volumizing mascara, and this one goes on really nicely and delivers to its promise. Gives me length and definition and volume. The only downside is that it tends to flake after a few hours, but considering the price I suppose that's a given. I would recommend if you're debating to just give it a try.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This mascara isn't terrible, it just does not do what it says it does. It did not lengthen or sculpt my lashes at all. For me it was one of those "natural" looking mascaras. Overall, not terrible but not worth repurchasing.

on 6/25/2011 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I am a mascara hater. I hate paying $ 30+ for a HE mascara, and I hate paying $ 5 for a ds one too.. so I am an all around hater of mascaras.. none have made me light up and want to buy them. So I buy out of necessity because my lashes are light, sparse, and not so curly. I curled them and put this on.. and wow wow wow.. my lashes grew and lenghtened and and and.. I love this stuff.

it does make lashes look a lot longer and that's fine by me.

Popular Mascaras