August 30, 2014 | 1529 users online

Dry Shampoo - Oscar Blandi - Pronto Dry Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by amelias

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Oscar Blandi. A friend first introduced me to the dry shampoo over 4 years ago. I hate washing and blowdrying my hair, and when I use this product I can often get away with washing my hair only 1-2 times a week.
I make sure to run a thin powder into my roots, and really rub it in. Sometimes I apply it at night, other times I apply it before I blowdry my hair.
I love the smell and how fine the powder is. The best part is that I recently found it at Winners for only $12.
I've written a longer review and posted it here: http://www.ameliasgirlfriends.com/2012/10/sciences-gift-to-woman-dry-shampoo.html

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Katedutch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG of dry shampoos. It has a fresh scent, almost lemony I think. And the powder absorbs extremely fast. I'll apply it to my root area and I can rub it in very easily. I used to use baby powder, and while cheap it didn't always fully absorb so I'd have white spots. This absorbs easily and you can't see any remaining powder. Definitely worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaSF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My hair can get oily, so i use this to extend the life of blowouts or to go an extra day without shampooing my hair.
I typically apply at night right at my roots, near my hairline and part. I wait a few minutes, then brush my hair and put into a bun for bed. It's still white-ish at this point. But in the morning, I brush and style and it looks great. If I do need to apply in the morning( or in the lockerroom after working out), I just brush more and tease my hair a bit and the whiteness goes away. But I feel it works best when applied at night before my hair actually gets too oily.
First, i like the applicator It's a powder, not a spray. There is a long tip with a small end so when I apply directly fom the bottle I have pretty good control over how much is applied. ( although thus did take me a few tries to master.)
Second, it doesnt feel like I'm wearing product. Other dry shampoos have made me feel as though my hair is coated but with this my hair feels normal.
Third, the 'travel size' is refillable! I bought the 1oz to see how I'd like it and now have the larger size to keep at home and add to the 1oz bottle to keep in my gym bag or when I'm traveling.
Fourth, I don't think you can tell ive skipped a shampoo. I feel like it might dull my roots a bit, but here's no obvious discoloring or change to the texture.
Although the bottle seems expensive, I find it lasts a long time. My original 1 oz travel size lasted 5-6 months using about once per week.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by vickysue

I've been using this product for more than a year now. It's super convenient when you don't have time or energy to wash your hair after a long day, and want your hair to look non-greasy for another day or so before you have time to wash it. I like to use this on days when I would otherwise wash my hair, but know that I'm going to work out in the next foreseeable day or so and don't want to waste my time or destroy my hair by excessive washing. I like to use this before I go to bed as well to prevent greasy hair when I get up (i.e., on days when my hair is not too greasy, but would be a bit greasy when I get up in the morning). I keep a bottle in my gym bag, and also a take a travel-sized bottle with me wherever I go. It lasts awhile--I'm probably only on my 2nd bottle of this. I like the non-aerosol version because I feel that I get more product out of the bottle. When the aerosol version runs out of product, it just sprays out the propellant, which doesn't do anything for your hair. I blew through a few bottles of the aerosol version before I figured out that I could control the product better through this delivery method. The smell isn't unpleasant--smells lemongrassy. However, if you are averse to smells, you may want to hold off on this or use very little of it. I have long, almost waist-length, slightly wavy, but otherwise straight Asian black hair, and it doesn't leave a white cast if you are careful about how much you use and just make sure to rub it in well and brush it out after you put it on.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 8:43:00 AM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Not a fan of this stuff, sorry! I have used quite a few dry shampoos and feel like I have the application process down pretty well but I didn't like the way this literally "sat" on top of my roots. It never actually seemed to work itself in my hair as other dry shampoos have, even with me massaging it into my hair and letting it sit for a while before brushing it out. I shook the can up and the first spray out of the can was an oily, white powder that smelled exactly like Lemon Pledge. Using this on my second day hair, my hair felt cleaner before than with this stuff. There are cheaper drugstore brands out there that blow this stuff away. Not a repurchase for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by sh0rtastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Application of this product was time consuming and messy!!! No white residue as long as you work it in very very very well.... Smell was pleasant - no chemicals involved with this product... that's a plus. It isn't my favorite though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by staceyxs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This 1oz bottle has taken HG status for me. I take it everywhere with me. I usually don't wash my hair everyday, so after 1.5 days of not washing my hair gets a little oily underneath, I just tap and sprinkle some of this stuff and it soaks it right up. I kind of do a fast rubbing motion with my hands, rubbing it into my scalp and its gone right away, no white residue, no more greasy hair and it leaves a lovely scent. I've had the 1oz bottle for at least 6 months and it's still not gone. Totally recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by ironwoman01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, I'm surprised this product received some bad reviews. I absolutely love it. Yes, the packaging could be better, but I just shake some of the powder into my hand, then rub it onto my scalp and hair. Do NOT use the tip of the bottle to apply the powder to your hair because you will end up with a white blob of powder that will not blend.

I have dark brown hair that gets greasy if I don't wash it everyday. When I'm feeling lazy and don't want to wash/dry/style my hair, I use this product and it instantly refreshes my flat, greasy hair. I have never had a problem with the white color remaining in my hair. I make sure to blend it very well. I have the 2.5 ounce bottle and it has lasted 6 months and I've barely used up even 1/4 of it. This is a fantastic product and for the price it is definitely worth it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 6:22:00 AM More reviews by hags101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is horrible! The only thing it has going for itself is that is has a nice application tip on the bottle. So, I have tried cornstarch on my hair when first starting out with dry shampoos and the results were almost the same! With this product it goes on really chalky (not as chalky as cornstarch though). My biggest complaint is how it works though. My hair is fine the next morning after washing it - but by that afternoon it gets really oily at the roots. Well to my horror, I used this before venturing off to campus - by that afternoon my hair was just as oily as without this stuff with the addition of being stringy at the roots from this product. Plus it did nothing to freshen the scent of dirty hair - which I hate more than anything! I also tried it on slightly oily hair with the same stringy greasy results. I will stick to my Bastite dry shampoo. I get around 8-10 uses out of a $10 bottle (not ideal - but way way better than using this crud) - but it works wonderfully! I have dishwater blond hair that goes darker in the winter and the Batiste does not leave chalky marks on the roots. The best part of Baste is that it gets rid of the dirty hair smell - all day! It also works wonderful - whether I use it directly on already oily roots or as a prevention the night before I plan on not washing my hair. Dry shampoos really save morning time especially for long hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by orderlyfashion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

UPDATE 10/2013: Upping my review because I still use this at least 2-3X a week - having tried several spray dry shampoos (some of which I still use on my overall roots), this is still hands down the best option for bangs and other areas needing precise application. I bought the travel size bottle (1oz) over two years ago and in holding the bottle up to the light, noticed it's still nearly half full. That's a steal of a deal! This has entered the fold of my HG products.

Original review:

I have bangs. And oily skin. And fine hair. This means that even when my hair is otherwise clean I'm prone to getting stringy bangs as my hair soaks up oil from my forehead - so when needed I use a pinch of this to clean up the greasy spots. I "poof" just the tiniest amount into my palm and then work it through my bangs with my fingertips, taking care to rub it in thoroughly. Then I give them a quick comb though. I have dark brown hair and this disappears with no powdery residue - you just have to be sure to rub it in well and brush out. Only takes a minute or two and leaves me looking clean and it seems to last through the day.

This is light years beyond the Oscar Blandi spray on dry shampoo, which dispenses too much chemical propellant and not nearly enough power to be effective and stinks to high heaven. This does work better than baby powder, but seeing that the primary ingredient is rice starch I'm going to see if I can buy some of that at my local health food co-op when this runs out. Which should be a while... even with frequent use a little bottle goes a long way!