La Mer Skincolor De La Mer - The Powder - Poudre de La Mer

4.5

Talc, Ethylene-Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Calcium Stearate, Tourmaline, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Melachite, Phaeodactylum Tricornotum Extract, Silica, Caprylic-Capric Triglyceride, Lauroyl, Calcium Carbonate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Iron Oxides (CI 77491 / CI 77492), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Farric Farrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850).

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Given the fact that I have been looking for a setting/powder-type 'foundation' to wear every day for the past two months and the products I have tried thus far, have stopped here. Keep in mind that I have tried NARS Loose Powder in Eden, Lancome's Translucence Mattifying Silky Pressed Powder in 350 Bisque, Giorgio Armani Micro-FIl Loose Powder in #02, and BareMinerals Original Mineral Veil, and Smashbox's 'Photo Set' Finishing Powder SPF 15. Of the 5 powders, BareMinerals came the closets next to La Mer's in terms of oil control, but La Mer's worked the best. I use the shade Neutral 02. I really wanted to like all of the powder I tried, but within an hour the other powders made me very oily.

La Mer with its finely milled texture is the only powder that has given me the oil control and at the same time allows my natural skin to 'glow' without looking greasy. It does contain very small shimmer particles, but it is not visible on the skin when applied. After all the trail and error, this 'Powder' is worth every penny.

I do need to touch up after 4-5 hours, which is fine with me. The only low rating I gave is the packaging. Obviously, it's way to bulky to carry around so I have a small container that I carry with me. The puff that is included is incredibly soft. I use it only to set my foundation, cream blushes, and concealers.

I do wear this alone on most days and I apply it with a buffing brush. It leaves a sheer coverage without looking cakey. I will definitely repurchase this.

I got this in 05 translucent and used it for almost two months now. What i like about it is it gives the radiant yet subtle finish. and the powder is really really fine in texture (thanks to talc...) I don't really use the puff that came along, cause it doesn't look like it can do any magic. The oil control ability is just so-so, as my nose got oily after half day. (And given the packaging, for sure i won't bring that out for touch-up. For that I will grab my Jurlique Rose powder) Otherwise, I think it is a good product. As for the price, it is really not that expensive, as you will get a huge amount of product comparing to others in the market. I will considering buying that again (but i wonder if i will ever run out of it), cause it really embellishes my makeup vanity!

I am absolutely in *love* with this powder and got my sister hooked as well. I didn't like how the SA applied it but I bought it anyway in hopes that maybe I could make it work. Since I've discovered this little gem I've ditched all of my highlighters (MSF, liquid illuminators, NARS multiples, Dior Shimmer powder, ect) in place for this powder. All of the highlighters mentioned above has to be applied lightly as it can easily be over-done and look too shimmery/frosty/unnatural. However, with this powder I can dust it all over my face and it will still look natural while giving me this angelic glow. No visible shimmer, just really healthy and glowy skin. It doesn't do too much for oil control, but I just can't get over the finish it gives me. It also sets my makeup perfectly. My skin is PPP whereas my sister is tan, and I noticed that when applied too much it can lighten your complexion a few shades. It does so in a natural way, but I'm just saying- a little goes a long way! I've never had a problem with it being too shimmery or obvious (even when applied heavily) although there is some definite shimmer when you look at it in the container. We both use Translucent. Absolutely the most natural highlighter/powder I have ever used- definite HG material and a definite repurchase for sure.

this product works great. It does make your skin look angelic and a little goes a long way. But, I have to think that the people at La Mer are doing a little bit of "creative packaging".
A regular sized loose powder has roughly 27 g of product. My prescriptives regular sized powder has 29g and a cover girl one has 27g of product. The La Mer powder has 25g. Sure, the container is huge, but the powder container is almost an inch above the actual container and it is not filled to the brim. Without close inspection, and comparitives to other brands, it LOOKS like you are getting twice, if not 2 and a half times the product of regular containers. However, with the "creative packaging" concept aside, the powder does go a long way and is very, very nice. I wonder why they could of used less materials and put the powder in a regular sized container? I would love to ask the people at La Mer, but in reality I know the answer to that question already.

After reading the raves on MUA, I was excited to try the La Mer loose powder and see what all the hype was about. The loose powder comes in a huge container that cost $65. I'm not sure how long it will take me to finish this....I'd rather get a smaller container and spend less.

I applied the powder at the end to set my makeup and the finish is beautiful. Your skin doesn't look powdered, it just gives you a soft airbrushed glow. Even on days when I don't put on a full face, a little bit of this powder with Origin's Zing and my skin looks fantastic.

This is an amazing powder and gives such a beautiful finish. No dryness or cakiness, just perfect looking skin. It works well with my combo skin and I keeps the dreaded oily looking shininess away. By the end of the day, my skin has a glow to it, but not shiny. I've never had another powder control oil so well. It has amazing staying power and is well worth its pricey price tag. The container is huge and will last for a very long time.

I'm also loving the La Mer foundation and wear it in Creme, but the MA chose Natural for the powder color. It works like a dream.

This is the best loose powder for me. I do not have any breakouts or blemishes wearing this. Even though it's pricey, the huge tub can last you up to 9-12 months even with daily use! I love it. It makes my skin look flawless. Many have commented that my skin looks great n even thought I had Botox, which I did not! A definite must have for every woman.

This powder literally makes my skin look angelic. Not just mine, but whoever I use it on. I must say though that sharing it is difficult. The tub is huge, but at least I know it's sturdy. I have had mine for years. It looks so good on it's own, this crazy soft focus finish.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

UPDATE: Still loving this after almost daily use. I sometimes use it alone over Devita SPF 30 and still get compliments over my glow

My skin leans towards the drier side, so powders are usually not my friend. This is the finest milled, silkiest powder I have ever used. It gives a subtle radiance.

My make up doesn't show dry spots nor does it crack. Since purchasing this almost a year ago, I have not been tempted to try any other powders - its that good

La Mer does not test on animals.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love la mer products because I think they preform exceptionally. However, the translucent powder made me break out. I never broke out from the neutral colored shades so I will try that one out before I completely dismiss this product. I absolutely loved the compact version and was dying to try this one out because its so much cheaper! Of course, I say "cheaper" loosely... it is stilll $65. Anyway, people will very sensitive skin such as mine should be careful about the translucent!

Recommended for Normal Skin