August 21, 2014 | 1308 users online

Loose Powders - La Mer - Skincolor De La Mer - The Powder - Poudre de La Mer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by layzeex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am absolutely in *love* with this powder and got my sister hooked as well. I didn't like how the SA applied it but I bought it anyway in hopes that maybe I could make it work. Since I've discovered this little gem I've ditched all of my highlighters (MSF, liquid illuminators, NARS multiples, Dior Shimmer powder, ect) in place for this powder. All of the highlighters mentioned above has to be applied lightly as it can easily be over-done and look too shimmery/frosty/unnatural. However, with this powder I can dust it all over my face and it will still look natural while giving me this angelic glow. No visible shimmer, just really healthy and glowy skin. It doesn't do too much for oil control, but I just can't get over the finish it gives me. It also sets my makeup perfectly. My skin is PPP whereas my sister is tan, and I noticed that when applied too much it can lighten your complexion a few shades. It does so in a natural way, but I'm just saying- a little goes a long way! I've never had a problem with it being too shimmery or obvious (even when applied heavily) although there is some definite shimmer when you look at it in the container. We both use Translucent. Absolutely the most natural highlighter/powder I have ever used- definite HG material and a definite repurchase for sure.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Vanillaflower77

this product works great. It does make your skin look angelic and a little goes a long way. But, I have to think that the people at La Mer are doing a little bit of "creative packaging".
A regular sized loose powder has roughly 27 g of product. My prescriptives regular sized powder has 29g and a cover girl one has 27g of product. The La Mer powder has 25g. Sure, the container is huge, but the powder container is almost an inch above the actual container and it is not filled to the brim. Without close inspection, and comparitives to other brands, it LOOKS like you are getting twice, if not 2 and a half times the product of regular containers. However, with the "creative packaging" concept aside, the powder does go a long way and is very, very nice. I wonder why they could of used less materials and put the powder in a regular sized container? I would love to ask the people at La Mer, but in reality I know the answer to that question already.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2011 11:38:00 PM More reviews by lovelyday

After reading the raves on MUA, I was excited to try the La Mer loose powder and see what all the hype was about. The loose powder comes in a huge container that cost $65. I'm not sure how long it will take me to finish this....I'd rather get a smaller container and spend less.

I applied the powder at the end to set my makeup and the finish is beautiful. Your skin doesn't look powdered, it just gives you a soft airbrushed glow. Even on days when I don't put on a full face, a little bit of this powder with Origin's Zing and my skin looks fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by katsb

This is an amazing powder and gives such a beautiful finish. No dryness or cakiness, just perfect looking skin. It works well with my combo skin and I keeps the dreaded oily looking shininess away. By the end of the day, my skin has a glow to it, but not shiny. I've never had another powder control oil so well. It has amazing staying power and is well worth its pricey price tag. The container is huge and will last for a very long time.

I'm also loving the La Mer foundation and wear it in Creme, but the MA chose Natural for the powder color. It works like a dream.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 5:11:00 AM More reviews by Natila

This is the best loose powder for me. I do not have any breakouts or blemishes wearing this. Even though it's pricey, the huge tub can last you up to 9-12 months even with daily use! I love it. It makes my skin look flawless. Many have commented that my skin looks great n even thought I had Botox, which I did not! A definite must have for every woman.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by savliving

This powder literally makes my skin look angelic. Not just mine, but whoever I use it on. I must say though that sharing it is difficult. The tub is huge, but at least I know it's sturdy. I have had mine for years. It looks so good on it's own, this crazy soft focus finish.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2011 8:22:00 AM More reviews by maquin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE: Still loving this after almost daily use. I sometimes use it alone over Devita SPF 30 and still get compliments over my glow

My skin leans towards the drier side, so powders are usually not my friend. This is the finest milled, silkiest powder I have ever used. It gives a subtle radiance.

My make up doesn't show dry spots nor does it crack. Since purchasing this almost a year ago, I have not been tempted to try any other powders - its that good

La Mer does not test on animals.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by kpxbabii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love la mer products because I think they preform exceptionally. However, the translucent powder made me break out. I never broke out from the neutral colored shades so I will try that one out before I completely dismiss this product. I absolutely loved the compact version and was dying to try this one out because its so much cheaper! Of course, I say "cheaper" loosely... it is stilll $65. Anyway, people will very sensitive skin such as mine should be careful about the translucent!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2011 2:47:00 AM More reviews by cathekim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Aw, how to describe this powder? First of all, it IS good. My skin is dry, so I'm always wary of powder and worried it will make me look "cracked". This powder does not do that at all. It's a really nice product for dry skinned women. The color is lovely, a real nice neutral (all the shades). And it's very finely milled, a quality product. The amount in the tub, also, is pretty generous. So why the 3 star? Because it's not worth $65 or whatever they are charging now. I have a L'Oreal loose powder that I bought for $10. It performs JUST as well. So if you have the $$$ and you are dying to try it, you probably won't regret it because it's a good product. If you are, however, only concerned with performance and not easily seduced by pretty packaging/name brand, you can skip this one. While it is a good loose powder, there's nothing magical about it.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Theundercore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've wanted this powder for a couple of years now, and I finally bit the bullet and bought it. I .. am.. in... love.

I tried this in translucent and in neutral, and neutral is much better in my opinion. A lot of people say that translucent is too glittery, however, I find that that's not really true. The sparkles BARELY show up on the skin, and it just gives you a very smooth looking complexion. The reason why I chose neutral over the translucent is because I feel that the neutral controls my oil a lot better, for some reason. Perhaps it's just coincidence? I haven't experienced any oiliness ever since I started using this product. I am VERY prone to clogged pores and breakouts, and It keeps my skin smooth, silky, matte, and blemish free. I even feel asleep with this powder on my face a couple of times (late night studying) and I never experienced breakouts. I LOVE THIS STUFF!!

This powder seems to last all day on my combination (I guess normal now) skin.

I had been in a chemistry lab for 3 hours with safety goggles tightly over my eyes, which left a red mark around my face. It smeared off the foundation I had in the areas where the goggles were touching my face. When I stepped into my car, I dusted a little bit of la mer powder in those areas, and my makeup looked fresh again! My skin glowed and looked so healthy!! the redness around my eyes were almost 90% gone from the bit of coverage that it gives.

It doesn't cake up my makeup, and the powder particles are undetectable on the skin. I say that this was $65 well spent in my opinion. :D