OPI Grand Central Carnation

4.4

on 11/5/2004 8:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love this color! A glittery rose, not too bright/dark/flashy/boring!

on 9/8/2004 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a pretty, shimmery rose color, but I'm just not all excited about it. I think the problem is that I have a warm skin tone, and this is definitely a color for the cool-toned gals.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

On of my favorites. Looks really blah in the bottle but amazing on your nails. Great red rose with silver shine. Slightly redder version of A Rose at Dawn Broke at Noon. Looks great all year round.

on 3/26/2004 3:20:00 AM

Another great OPI color. A fantastic toe color!

on 2/7/2004 12:58:00 AM

I don't care for dark or gaudy colors on my fingernails (the toes are another story!) Grand Central Carnation is a lovely, understated color, not too pink, not too mauve. One of my favorites.

on 10/12/2003 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Every time I try a new OPI color, I think it's the prettiest ever, and this is no exception. Right now, I think Grand Central Carnation is the prettiest color of all . . . the descriptions below are right on target: a shimmery mid-rose, slightly goldy/silv

on 10/19/2003 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This was a surprise, because the color in the bottle doesn't look as "Wow" as some other OPI colors, but "Grand Central Carnation" is utterly beautiful on your nails -- my new favorite OPI shade. A bit more subtle than some of the other OPI colors I own, this is a medium rose shade with high silver shimmer. It's very versatile, and very, very lovely.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Oops. I wish I didn't have to be the dissenter on this color. I love OPI, so maybe it's just that Grand Central Carnation is not for me. It's lovely in the bottle, as others have described -- a shimmery mid-rose. Unfortunately, once on, it looks... tacky. Palm Beach Barbie unsophistocated. Maybe that's what I get for straying from red nail polish, but what do I know -- I love I'm Not Really A Waitress. I'll try this color again later in the summer and see what I think then.

on 6/12/2003 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a very pretty shade- it's a medium rose color with pinky-silvery shimmer. I think it's great for the spring/summer. When I am not tanned, I honestly think it is a bit much against pale skin, but with a tan it looks fantastic. It's a nice change of pace for people who have a hard time getting away from darker colors because it's more of a deep rose shade as opposed to a straight pink. Like all OPI polishes, it's long-wearing, looks fantastic, and doesn't bubble.

on 5/25/2003 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Love the shade!

Medium-to-Darker Pink with a slight silvery shimmer, I think it's eyecatching without being garish, appropriate enough for both the office and Saturday nights out.

What I like about it is that it's a 'darker' pink (no cotton-candy here!) yet it's NOT... gosh I hate even saying the F word... okay... okay I'll say it.... Fuchia. *shudder* A good dark non-fuchia pink. Thank you OPI. No, really. Thank you.

As always, the quality of this as all OPI nailpolishes I've found to be superior to most. Goes on smooth, doesn't bubble, lasts and lasts. Though I hate payin this kinda price for a nailpolish, it's my HG and each time I've strayed from OPI I kick myself.

Thumbs up for OPI and Grand Central Carnation.

continued >>