BeneFit Cosmetics Dr Feelgood

2.4

Corn Starch Modified, Diethylene Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isosteryl Meopentanoate, Silica, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Tridecyl Trimelitate, Diethylene Glycol Diisononanoate, Chamomile (Anthemis Nobili) Flower Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Ascorbyl Palmitate

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is a terrible product that needs to be discontinued from BeneFit. It has no purpose, but to make our skin look and feel terrible, plus the container is poorly made. It's gimmicky! I don't trust makeup or skincare products that are put in pots or jars because they lose their freshness very quickly and it's unsanitary. I have used this product in the past when I first started getting serious with makeup (2000) I had no idea what a primer was. I saw this in a magazine and I had to have it! Boy, was I wrong! When I used it a few times, I woke up with these ugly, cyst-like pimples. I thought this was supposed to control my oiliness and leave my foundation looking flawless, but it did nothing but give me the most unnatural look I've even seen! My foundation was so cakey and ugly. I will NEVER, EVER buy this product again!! Please be aware of this product. It serves no purpose. Just look at the reviews! The only product I recommend is their Porefessional primer. It's a good product, but there's other primers that are better. So, please don't purchase this blindly like I did. The reason why I bought this was the cute picture. I was young and naive...LOL

I was attracted to the beautiful vintage pot. That is the only real good thing I have to say about this product.

The lid is difficult to get off, the sponge is too large, and the product pills terribly. It is very waxy in consistency, and when I try to scoop some out, I either get too much or too little product.

As a result, it sits on my vanity and looks pretty. I will not be repurchasing.

on 12/21/2013 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Although this product smells good and leaves your skin feeling smooth and silky, I see no difference in the way my skin looks. In fact, once I put it on, 10-15 minutes later I notice that my t zone is back to being oily. Would not reccomend this product.

on 12/10/2013 10:03:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

What a piece of garbage product. Firstly, I absolutely LOVE most Benefit products, particularly their highlighters (Girl Meets Pearl, High Beam, Sun Beam, etc.) and mascaras. I purchased this product randomly during one of my many holiday Sephora cravings. I decided to purchase the smaller one ($9) after seeing mixed reviews. (I do appreciate Benefit's option to purchase travel sized versions of their products so as to have the opportunity to test the product before buying a full sized version!)

The little pot/tin it comes in is quite small and unsanitary. There is a little sponge that comes with it that gets mucked up pretty quickly and then the product gets yucky from using the sponge/fingers after just a few uses. The smell didn't bother me, but is lemon-y (kind of like furniture polish) for those of you who are sensitive to fragrance. The product pills pretty easily and then is difficult to distribute. None of this would have mattered to me had the product actually been of use. It did absolutely nothing as a finish/mattifier. Then I decided to give it a few tries as a primer, and it continued to be useless to me. I had more luck with my Covergirl + Olay Serum Primer and/or POREfessional by Benefit.

Definitely a waste and a total nothing product. Much better options out there from both other brands and Benefit themselves.

on 12/4/2013 4:18:00 AM

this made my face even more oily. i dont like the sponge either. its hard to get out. dont like the smell. it smells like a car freshener to me. didnt not feel good at all.

I really love this product to mattify my skin over makeup or over naked (SPF'ed) skin. I've used this for 4 years and consider it excellent. I've used a lot of mattifying products over the years. I like the citrusy fresh smell. I'll be re-re-buying till my skin shine sods the sod off.

Things I don't like:
I dislike Benefit's highly inflated prices in Ireland and I have contacted them about the extortionate mark up.
I don't like the metal tin system or the sponge sitting on top of the product.
It starts to get difficult to use up at the end- it breaks up and plays hard to get.
You need to clean your sponge regularly or it looks revoltingly manky- hot water and Bobbi Brown brush cleaner work well.... or fairy dish wash liquid. take your pick.

on 11/2/2013 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got this product from my local mall.

I was looking for something that would help me control my t-zone oil... She put some of Dr. feelgood, it did mattified my t-zone with a nice pleasent lemon scent. So I got it. I realized later that this product dries out my skin like crazy.

I returned this quickly after buying

on 11/1/2013 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Why make a product that is nearly impossible to open. I was tempted to hammer the side so that it would not suction shut. My BF opens it for me, which is real helpful at work when he is not here! Product didn't do anything!

on 10/28/2013 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I always recommend the porefessional over this. hard to apply, pills when dragged, tugs the skin and the tin is a nightmare to open with freshly moisturised hands. it does feel heavy on the skin as well, only seems to work alone or under makeup and contains vitamin c, which my counter manager told me is actually a stimulant when ON the skin, which causes breakout

on 10/26/2013 8:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use this as a primer under makeup and it works wonderfully for me. I use my finger as opposed to the sponge that it comes with as I find it eaiser to apply that way. I find that it helps somewhat with the look of my pores but, works best against shine and gives a nice matte finish. Sometimes when my t-zone starts getting oily I pat it on and it makes my skin matte again. The fact that it's more of a balm did freak me out at first as I was afraid it as going to make me breakout but, it is somewhat silky in texture and didn't cause me to breakout. Even though it's pricey I would buy it again.