January 28, 2015 | 1261 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dr Feelgood

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

I really love this product to mattify my skin over makeup or over naked (SPF'ed) skin. I've used this for 4 years and consider it excellent. I've used a lot of mattifying products over the years. I like the citrusy fresh smell. I'll be re-re-buying till my skin shine sods the sod off.

Things I don't like:
I dislike Benefit's highly inflated prices in Ireland and I have contacted them about the extortionate mark up.
I don't like the metal tin system or the sponge sitting on top of the product.
It starts to get difficult to use up at the end- it breaks up and plays hard to get.
You need to clean your sponge regularly or it looks revoltingly manky- hot water and Bobbi Brown brush cleaner work well.... or fairy dish wash liquid. take your pick.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this product from my local mall.

I was looking for something that would help me control my t-zone oil... She put some of Dr. feelgood, it did mattified my t-zone with a nice pleasent lemon scent. So I got it. I realized later that this product dries out my skin like crazy.

I returned this quickly after buying

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

Why make a product that is nearly impossible to open. I was tempted to hammer the side so that it would not suction shut. My BF opens it for me, which is real helpful at work when he is not here! Product didn't do anything!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I always recommend the porefessional over this. hard to apply, pills when dragged, tugs the skin and the tin is a nightmare to open with freshly moisturised hands. it does feel heavy on the skin as well, only seems to work alone or under makeup and contains vitamin c, which my counter manager told me is actually a stimulant when ON the skin, which causes breakout

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by AnnikaLynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this as a primer under makeup and it works wonderfully for me. I use my finger as opposed to the sponge that it comes with as I find it eaiser to apply that way. I find that it helps somewhat with the look of my pores but, works best against shine and gives a nice matte finish. Sometimes when my t-zone starts getting oily I pat it on and it makes my skin matte again. The fact that it's more of a balm did freak me out at first as I was afraid it as going to make me breakout but, it is somewhat silky in texture and didn't cause me to breakout. Even though it's pricey I would buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

Total nothing product. Did nothing to my skin, other than make me worry that I'd breakout from the seemingly unnecessary added makeup layer. This is a classic example of where benefit strays into the all style and no substance territory. Also grossed out by the unhygienic applicator...not a fan.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by pensativa

Like many of Benefit's older products, gimmicky product & packaging, plus not very good at doing what it claims.

I know they're not the only company, but their products seem to suffer from serious design flaws. They should probably focus more on product design than the aesthetics of their packaging! The applicator sponge sitting directly in the product has to be one of the most unhygienic things I've ever seen (and I work in public health).

I bought it for shine control, and it is the least effective product I've ever used for this purpose. Any other mattifying primer is better - Clear FX (the HG), Laura Mercier, Sephora, etc. Not only does it not keep shine under control, it is this strange balm-like texture that feels sort of icky going on, as if it would certainly clog one's pores. Forget about putting this on over makeup. Yuck!

I purchased this when I was in my early 20's and just starting to explore boutique brands. I still have an almost-full tin because this has never worked for me. Don't waste your money!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by sheila12344321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my go-to oil-control product BEFORE Becca came to town.

The trick with this is to PAT--just a little bit--where you get shiny. It can go under or over makeup very well if you PAT the product on.

However, Becca's similar product works even better. So, while I love the smell of Dr. Feelgood, I'll probably go with Becca next time. I guess I'll throw Dr. Feelgood in my purse for touchups.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by chairmanmiao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product because my friend at the time and location was a huge fan of benefit cosmetics and she spend her money working part time in a video shop on these products and I always thought she was so much cooler than me traveling south America by herself and listening to good music and was a fan of foreign films so we had a lot in common.anyway I saw this benefit Dr feel-good cosmetic and the design on the tin was so Retro and kitsch of a man who I'm guessing is the doctor kissing one of his patients.

The product comes in a metal tin which is unusual for a face cosmeticand it has a pleasent scent.my friend used to suffer with oily skin and she used this to mattify her complexion so it was less shiny.I don't think it has any age concealing benefits but its texture is smoother than face powders with it being a balm and you don't get that powdery obvious you have powder on your face because I can see the powder particles resting on your skin.another aspect of this product it isn't the usual peach orange beige or browns that are usually marketed to people as products to prevent face shine which looks even worse on if you don't have those skin tones.my skin isn't particularly oily unless I apply oil or a moisturizer that doesn't absorb so this was more of a fetish product for me to indulge in and pretend I was as cool as my friend for a moment.if you have oily skin then this product is perfect if you like the concept of Dr feel-good and are attracted to the packaging such a product comes in.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Fazira

I really love this product. I had it for a long time but never really know how to use it until now. It basically works to mattify and is an alternative to powdering your face. I loved the fact that it is a balm and therefore does not have that cakey effect that powders give off. Also, I love the cute little packaging. It's rather easy to carry around. The sponge would, of course, get a little icky over time from all the oil absorbing it does. But that's why i make sure I have two sponges (which I can easily get at the drug store) as a replacement in case the one I wash has not dried yet. Price wise, it is a little steep but you get a lot of product for it. And it would last you for ages, really. So overall, for someone with oily skin like me, this is a must have! Definitely repurchasing this.