September 30, 2014 | 1575 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dr Feelgood

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by sheila12344321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you have a problem with oil, Dr. Feelgood is for you.

PRO: I have dry cheeks, but my t-zone still gets oily by mid-morning--sometimes before (I'm almost 40). It's done this with every primer I've tried. I even tried the Milk of M trick. Dr. Feelgood is the only thing that works for me. So, I use this on my t-zone after I apply my moisturizer (fake tanner). I don't use the sponge because I don't like the idea of bacteria. However, I use my fingers which transfers bacteria too. I have thought about scooping some out in order to avoid this issue, but I haven't done it yet. Anyway, this keeps me matte...without looking cakey. Today, I blotted at lunch. My makeup was still on and at 9:00 p.m. (applied at 6:00 a.m.). Truthfully, I wasn't as matte at 9, but it was NOT dewy. I guess it was more of a satin finish by the end of the work day.

CON: My blush disappeared when I used this on my cheeks. They are dry, so I wonder if that had anything to do with it. I figured out to use a regular primer on my cheeks and Dr. Feelgood on the T-zone. Another con is the packaging; the cap should screw on, not just push on.

SUMMARY: If you have an oil problem, try this before your foundation. The price stinks, but you can purchase the mini, first. Actually, the mini would last a long time if you don't need to put this all over your face.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by chairmanmiao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product because my friend at the time and location was a huge fan of benefit cosmetics and she spend her money working part time in a video shop on these products and I always thought she was so much cooler than me traveling south America by herself and listening to good music and was a fan of foreign films so we had a lot in common.anyway I saw this benefit Dr feel-good cosmetic and the design on the tin was so Retro and kitsch of a man who I'm guessing is the doctor kissing one of his patients.

The product comes in a metal tin which is unusual for a face cosmeticand it has a pleasent scent.my friend used to suffer with oily skin and she used this to mattify her complexion so it was less shiny.I don't think it has any age concealing benefits but its texture is smoother than face powders with it being a balm and you don't get that powdery obvious you have powder on your face because I can see the powder particles resting on your skin.another aspect of this product it isn't the usual peach orange beige or browns that are usually marketed to people as products to prevent face shine which looks even worse on if you don't have those skin tones.my skin isn't particularly oily unless I apply oil or a moisturizer that doesn't absorb so this was more of a fetish product for me to indulge in and pretend I was as cool as my friend for a moment.if you have oily skin then this product is perfect if you like the concept of Dr feel-good and are attracted to the packaging such a product comes in.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Fazira

I really love this product. I had it for a long time but never really know how to use it until now. It basically works to mattify and is an alternative to powdering your face. I loved the fact that it is a balm and therefore does not have that cakey effect that powders give off. Also, I love the cute little packaging. It's rather easy to carry around. The sponge would, of course, get a little icky over time from all the oil absorbing it does. But that's why i make sure I have two sponges (which I can easily get at the drug store) as a replacement in case the one I wash has not dried yet. Price wise, it is a little steep but you get a lot of product for it. And it would last you for ages, really. So overall, for someone with oily skin like me, this is a must have! Definitely repurchasing this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I haven't used this product much after college. However in high school and college, this was a life saver in regards to making my skin matte.

Worked well, but the tin is just frustrating to open up. Would recommend if one is looking for a product to wear by itself to mattify the skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by citizenannie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had no idea that this product is considered a primer at all. It was sold to me as and I used it as an alternative to mattifying powder. I got it at the end of the summer when it was absurdly hot and muggy and a new medication I was on had made my skin an oil spill. It worked well. I would pat just a little on in my problem areas that were shiny using the sponge. The sponge worked okay, but it was way too big for the packaging -- trying to jam it back it was tiresome each time I had to do it.

Once the August heat had passed and my medication changes had balanced out, I had absolutely no use for this product. It dried my normally very dry skin out more. I can't imagine using it as a primer, as it has a very very grippy texture to it that would probably just make the foundation pill up.

I took it back to Sephora almost a year later when I discovered it in the bottom of my drawer and explained that I had hardly used it even though it was old, the packaging was frustrating, and I just didn't want to use it anymore and they had no problem returning it.

If you have extremely oily skin and don't want to wear foundation at all, I did notice that this balm had a lovely softening/blurring effect on bare skin, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by mmfoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I guess I seem to be the only one with a positive experience! I love this stuff.

I have a pretty oily t-zone, regardless of whatever kind of primer, foundation, moisturizer, BB cream, you name it - I turn into a greaseball. I've been trying to find SOMETHING that helps, but just haven't had any luck. I decided to pick this up on a whim despite the negative reviews and the price tag.

I apply it after my primer (Benefit's "That Gal") by pressing my fingertip into the balm for a few seconds to warm it up. With the small amount of product I pick up, I gently pat it into the areas I know always get shiny. I have read NOT to swipe it or rub it on, so I haven't tried this method to see if it makes anything worse/better since patting it on has worked pretty well so far.

After, I let it sit for a few minutes to make sure it's dried and/or sunk it (whatever it needs to do!) and then apply my Tarte BB cream as usual. I've found that I don't need to really put any setting powder on over, and normally just leave it now.

I have noticed, however, that you do need to moisturize pretty well. I had stopped using a good moisturizer to see if that helped with my oiliness and this product clung to every dry bit and made my makeup look pretty bad. However, after returning to a normal moisturizing regimen, everything worked normally.

Overall, I am very happy with this product! We'll see how long it lasts to determine of the cost really is enough, but with this product, a little bit goes a long way!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by babygems

Didn't like this product at all. Such a waste of money. Doesn't so anything for me and so very hard to get out of the tin. Leaves a horrible powdery residue on my skin and when applying over make up I feel that the sponge just lifts my make up off.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by kbahler

Holy Grail! I was a bit skeptical to try this at first, especially for the slightly steep price tag, but I finally went for it and am so glad I did! My search is over!
I have oily skin and found no matter what my foundation was looking a little cakey and runny by the end of the day, not with this stuff!
Didn't make me break out at all, love the smell, and the packaging. I think the trick is all in figuring out how you like to wear it (over/under makeup) but I find it works best with the sponge when you pat it on, not rub.
will definitely repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by ratyj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wish I could give it a zero. Luckily I got this as a gift from my friend. What a crap it was! I couldn't find anything good about it. Hard to apply evenly, suffocated my skin, cause pimples like crazy. I gave it to another friend and she didn't like, either.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by gracegood14

I loved this product! I have really greasy skin meaning i have always avoided wearing make-up because it all just slips off and looks ridiculous. I read many reviews of this and people generally hated it as a product but I decided to buy it and im so glad i did. The product really keeps the grease at bay once you get the application technique right. I don't rub it into my skin but pat it on, this makes it last longer and sit better on the skin. The sponge that comes with it is really soft and good for application and i recommend washing it every week to keep it clean. The only downside to this product is the tin which can be hard to open. Other than that, this product is perfect for me!!