September 20, 2014 | 1269 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous in Carbon Black

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2014 1:50:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily217

I got this as part of a goodie bag my friend gave me. Considering how mascaras always seem to disappoint besides my trusty Lash Power by Clinique I wasn't expecting a whole lot.

This made my lashes so full and long! Really separates every lash and it makes it look fluttery. Unfortunately it was a mess putting it on because product would get onto my face. I experienced the worse smudging with this mascara. It's also a pain in the ass to remove as well. It never wants to come off.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by 36CHAMBERSAGAIN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the messiest mascara i've ever tried. No matter how much I wipe off the brush before I apply it, how careful I am, I end up getting this EVERYWHERE. This has never happened to me with any other mascaras before. Once its on it looks fine but I would not repurchase because its such a PITA to apply.

EDIT: Really dislike. After around 2 months, it starts to get really gloopy and clumpy and theres no way to get it to look good. DNW.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by DanceyPants

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 9:47:00 AM More reviews by PaintingSumsets

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had this mascara for about a month, and from what I've experienced using almost daily, it's a fantastic mascara. It gives beautiful volume and length with an intense black - when I put on two coats, my Asian sparse, short lashes transform into those va-va-voom lashes that I could only dream of! Taking it off with makeup wipes could be very easily done, too. The downsides are that it does smudge under the eyes and I don't know if it's the mascara or not, but my right eye area has been a little flaky, dry, and red.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by sleeperchancetodream

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I usually wear dark brown mascara, but this is one of the few truly black ones I can pull off. Color = A+ My eyelashes are very thick, and fairly long, so I just need something to add a bit of volume and length, mostly to just draw more attention to them. This does just that.

The only negatives are that it's very wet, so this probably isn't for beginners. Along with that, it always leaves a bit of smudginess under my eyes by the end of the day. So I'll be using this until it's gone, then I'm trying something else. I might buy it again if I can't find anything better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by bunniluv88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara gives some length and lots of volume.The color is a true rich black.This is my 3rd go to mascara..

I highly recommend,and would purchase again

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by hilarybeauty55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very average. Not bad but not amazing. Adds length and volume but not remarkably so on either count.

I did like the Carbon Black color.

It is extremely liquidy and runny. Also takes forever to dry.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Loved10

This mascara did nothing for me! I heard a lot of hype about this being a great product so I bought it. It flakes and smudges and it smells like chemicals. I'll be sticking with cover girl!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Mathildish

This has been my number 1 mascara for years. I love it!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by smnthalbrt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is just meh. Sometimes on a good day I can get it to look real nice, but usually it just clumps up, and that's with the first coat only. I feel like it's real heavy and my eyelashes already have a hard time holding a curl so this doesn't help that. It's nothing special, for me at least.