Flexitol Heel Balm

4.7

WOW WOW and MORE WOW! I had given up on my feet not feeling rough, seriously I tried it all! This was my last shot at it. Picked it up from walgreens for $11. The tube says results in 3 days, for me it took about 5. But Im completely amazed, its not often a product does all its suppose to. I have smooth feet that Im not afraid for my husband to touch. lol. To me $11 for a product that works is a bargain. Even the beloved by many BBW Heel of Approvel (didnt work for me) is $15. As for the smell, I didnt find any trouble at all, its gone after a minute or two!

on 9/17/2010 2:58:00 PM

This is amazing! I have had dry cracked heels for a while and tried so many things. This product was the very first one to actually do what it promised. I only apply it about 2 times per week now as a preventative (I put it on before bed with socks on and wear it on all night), and my heels stay soft and uncracked. I did have to put it on for a couple weeks straight to fight the initial cracking. Great product, I highly recommend.

on 8/27/2010 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product, its great for dry, scaly feet!

I used to use things like vaseline and paw paw ointment on my feet & I thought they were ok. While they did mositurise my feet, the effects didn't last long and now using Flexitol Heel Balm, I can feel my heels are smoother, not just moisturised.

I find it best to smother it on my feet before u put my socks on.

Highly recommended to anyone whose feet are a bit rough and cracked!!

on 7/11/2010 3:05:00 AM

Best product for truly messed up heels...ever.

And I don't mean, boo hoo, I have a teeny little patch that could almost be rough. I'm talking tear up sheets/scare people/catch on carpet insanity. Cracks that could be canyons, rough heel skin that feels 14 inches deep. AWFUL.

I keep it at bay with regular pedicures (with the razor shaver thingy = legal in my state), a foot file and moisturizing...but I get lazy and want something easy sometimes...can't I just rub something on and forget about them, PLEASE?!?! I hate sleeping in socks. And I've tried it all....from every type of body butter to hardcore lotions and everywhere in between. Loaded with chemicals or just plain tree huggy fabulous like extra virgin coconut oil...after all these years, I was still hoping I'd find "the one." And Flexitol is it.

Thick, yellow ointment that smells like a freaking green floored/blinky fluorescent lighted hospital from Stephen King's worst nightmare. Nobody will send your heels valentines over this smell...trust me (but it fades, so no worries). Works best if you've just used a pumice in the shower or have used a Diamancel file or Microplane file/PedEgg.

Like the box says, you'll have (very, very) visible results in three days. That's it. I haven't touched my heels in a couple of weeks...just put this stuff on and voila. My heels are KISSABLE and even lickable. Seriously. It's like turning sandpaper into satin.

Go ahead...break the thick hospital ointment/salve ewwww barrier and give in. You'll be stoked you did (and so will whoever has to sleep next to you at night, small children, and any living creatures at heel level who have to stare at your filth).

edited to add:

Mine is the "new" version -- but it's not white nor runny as another user stated hers was. Mine is thick and yellow and smelly and is now paraben free. Can't figure out why that's a bad thing! I love this junk.

Previous ingredients: Aqua (Purifed) Water, Urea, Lanolin, Petrolatum, Decyl Oleate, Dicocoyl Pentaerythrityl Distearyl Citrate, Propylene Glycol, Microcrystalline Wax, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Oleate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Aluminum Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, BHA, Fragrance (Parfum)

"New improved formula" (there's a red triangle on the corner of my box that says that): Water, urea, lanolin, cetearyl alcohol, mineral oil, glyceryl stearate, decyl oleate, PEG-20 stearate, paraffin, phenoxyethanol, sodium PCA, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), allantoin, centipeda cunninghamii extract, glycolic acid, panthenol, tocopheryl acetate, benzyl alcohol, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) oil, arginine, aloe vera gel, fragrance.

on 6/19/2010 2:08:00 AM

This product is simply amazing.

Even though, I'm young, I've mistreated my feet by always walking around barefoot & really never caring for my heels. They started cracking and I did nothing about it since I hate the feeling of Vaseline & slathering it on my feet only makes me sweat like crazy & never fixes the problem. I bought this at Walgreens & I put this on at night time without socks, and it's great!! My heels look way better than if I would have put on Vaseline & best part is that it only took 2 uses. It doesn't feel sticky or too heavy...
LOVE THIS STUFF!! must restock! lol

on 6/4/2010 6:32:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I too noted the change in the formula between the ingredients listing I saw online and the ingredients on the tube I bought. I had not tried the prior version, but I can confirm that the current version is completely ineffective. It also smells awful, and I feel it is overpriced for how much you get and how little it delivers. Note: I just updated the ingredients listing here to the current ones.

on 4/25/2010 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I deleted my original review where I referred to this product as miraculous. At the time I wrote that, it was. I had tried so many balms, creams, ointments, potions and lotions to help heal the cracks in my feet, but none of them worked. None could even touch this product. This used to deliver big time. I never loved the scent (few do) however I found a way to tolerate it. This was once a very rich, comforting, creamy yellow concoction that was intensely healing and nurturing to the feet. It kept my feet soft and smooth and healed the painful cracking in my heels quite well. I know the company received many complaints regarding the scent, so they made some changes. Unfortunately things went from bad to worse on that score. At least the original scent was somewhat tolerable and faded after a while. This stinks up your bedroom and most of your house with a strange kind of mentholated poop odor! It literally reeks!! Some improvement!!

I am so used to buying several tubes at a time because this balm had become a staple for me. I received my fresh supply very recently of new tubes and was stunned by the change. First of all, I was convinced that I had received a bad tube when I opened the first one. Not only did it reek horribly (more noticeable once you have applied it), but gone is the rich and comforting formula altogether! What comes out now is a lightweight, oily, gel-type, white cream that is no longer rich, yellow or creamy (and did absolutely nothing for my feet)! I kept looking at the tube to make sure I got the right product. I went to grab a bottled water and returned to my bedroom only to find that my entire room reeked from this obnoxious oily mess! My heels were dry and uncomfortable only 20 minutes after applying this "new and improved" formula, but yet the noxious stench remained! I used to be able to put this product on and have my heels stay soft all night long!

I called the company thinking that I must have received a rancid tube and to my horror and dismay, I learned that I had not. They explained that they changed the formula completely (gee maybe they could put that on the label to warn people like me who buy backs ups)! I could barely speak for a moment when the representative told me this (and she didn't even know there had been a change at first and had to go check which was a bit weird). At first, she told me I must have a bad tube before even checking to see that a change had taken place. She finally put me on hold and later confirmed that I had the new formula by asking me what color the cream was and the coding off of the tubes themselves.

I spent years searching for something that finally worked and now it meant starting the search all over again ! Not only that, but the reason this product gets so many positive reviews is because we loved it just the way it was! Why on earth would you fix something that's not broken! Something so highly rated! I went through a few tries where they sent me new tubes just in case I really did get a bad batch, but they were all the same! The company representative said they changed the formula almost a year ago, but that many vendors still had plenty of the old stock left. That only now are all the old ones disappearing with the new ones in their place. What an incredible disappointment.

The only thing people were complaining about was the odor and not the formula for crying out loud! They go and make that even worse and change a perfect formula completely! This new stuff is white and oily and nasty! Just thought you should be forewarned. What you buy now will not be the same product you are used to. I found this new white cream repulsive! You will know that you got one of the new formulated tubes because the old stuff was very creamy and yellow. The new stuff is white, stinky and oily. I decided to go back to "Miracle Foot Cream" because that's actually pretty good stuff. It's also the one with the least odor for people with sensitive noses. It's a good back up to what this used to be. I find that if I use the black "Ped Egg Men's Version" (much better than the regular white Ped Egg), and use "Miracle Foot Cream" afterwards, I get the same result as I used to get with just this.

For new users of this product who are wondering what all the fuss is about, it's probably because you got a new tube containing the so called "new and improved" formula. If it ain't broke, why fix it!! Centipeda cunninghamii extract is known to be extremely pungent and this is one of their many new ingredients. They didn't just make a slight change here as you can see from the ingredient list below. They did a complete 180 and revamped the entire product! It was perfect the way it was (hence the rave reviews)! If you are lucky enough to be using the old formula, which was definitely yellow, enjoy it while you can (the new formula is NOT yellow, so make no mistake about that)! It is DEFINITELY white, and feels like rubbing Mazola oil and toothpaste all over your feet (and the smell is just as nauseating).

New Ingredients from new formula that reeks!

Water, urea, lanolin, cetearyl alcohol, mineral oil, glyceryl stearate, decyl oleate, PEG-20 stearate, parrafin, phenoxyethanol, sodium PCA, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), allantoin, centipeda cunninghamii extract, glycolic acid, panthenol, tocopheryl acetate, benzyl alcohol, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) oil, arginine, aloe vera gel, fragrance.

Old Ingredients that created so many good reviews!

Their runny, diabetic version gave me a rash on my ankle! continued >>

on 4/23/2010 7:25:00 PM

Ahhh, don't hate me but I don't like this stuff at all. I just don't get all the raves? Maybe my horse hooves are just too much for this stuff. I don't know. I just don't see any results. BBW Heel of Approval is my HG and this Flexitol stuff certainly hasn't changed that.

on 4/23/2010 7:16:00 PM

I was surprised to see this on the MUA Top Picks list, as it's not exactly the fanciest or most glamorous product. But my heels crack like crazy and I've tried a million products on them to try to improve them. Some worked a bit, some didn't, but all of them never entirely made my feet as smooth and soft as I'd like, and if you missed even one application they usually went back to being horrible. This heel balm, however, made an immediate improvement in one use, and by a week my feet looked and felt *great*. And for those rare nights where I forget to slather it on, my feet still look fine so I know it is making a real difference. I got rid of all my other foot creams and am sticking to this -- between this and Mr. Pedi buffer, I could almost be a foot model and I can actually wear sandals without scaring small children!

on 4/23/2010 1:16:00 AM

I have bought this product several times now because it works so well. It also gets rid of dry knees and elbows. It must be the high concentration of urea; 25%, but I just admire how great it works. My heels were terrible before; flakey cracked heels, but Flexitol transformed them.

Top Rated Flexitol Products