November 24, 2014 | 1984 users online

Fragrances - Prada - Prada Tendre

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2008 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

Prada Tendre is my absolute favorite fragrance! I have many others, but none compare to this. This a classic, sophisticated, sexy scent. I receive a lot of compliments when wearing this. Thanks to my Hubby for buying this for Valentine's Day. LOVE!
Notes:
Siamese Benzoin, Plum Accord, Indonesian Patchouli Leaves, Verbena, Cedarwood, Labdanum, Cardamom, Mate Leaves, Indian Sandalwood, Jasmine, Vetiver

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2008 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Fantomia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While the regular Prada is an average amber IMO, I think this is more interesting. It has a fruity/watery note that stays fresh, and it lasts a long time on me. It do remind me of another Ė or several others (but I canít come up whit which..) - but I find it more natural smelling & pleasant than similar scents form other design houses.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2008 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Namaste2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All I can say is WOW. I wanted to be a fan of the original Prada, but the amber was just too much for me. I respect that fragrance, but it is not me. The Prada Tendre however is JUST what I have been looking for. Not sure exactly what I am smelling in the top notes - probably bergamont, and I get italian citrus as well. Perfect. Then comes the amber in the dry down. But a very subtle amber. It kinda sneaks up on you from time to time throught the day. Not heavy at all. This is what I have been looking for all summer. Perfect scent that will take me right through the fall. Love it!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2008 4:16:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I picked up this set - body lotion, purse spray and regular 50 ml. I love the bottle, simple glass, nice square corners, sophisticated and clean, off centre spray nozzle. The colour inside is a very light pink/clear. Can't clash with anything. Non refillable. As for the scent: at first spray, not sure I love it, but after an hour, it dries down to a very light, very pretty flowery sweet scent on my skin. My skin is very nicely scented, simply put, and it just smells like I naturally smell nice. Not overpowering, not perfumy, not overwhelming, no clouds around me, that being said, I wonder if I have enough on, so I put more, then I am overpowerd. I think my body is adapting to the scent as well, and for summer, this will be nice. For winter, I may go back to Prada original.

UPDATE: I returned it. It was not bad, but not enough scent at all. Even with layering. It left a pretty smell on, but you had to get right up close to smell it. Baby power smells more. For the money, it just wasn't worth it. I still will check out the original in winter, but Tendre was a no show-no go.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2008 12:39:00 AM More reviews by l1p9l055

I went to Sephora and asked for suggestions for a deeper scent. I've always been stuck to florals like marc jacobs and juicy couture but recently (i think its the weather) I've been looking into buying a deeper scent. I first tried this scent at a duty free in Switzerland but i hated it. I kind of liked CK's Euphoria, but my friend also had it and I hate clashing with other people. The SA at Sephora suggested a few other scents at first, but I asked about Prada Tendre. I tried it on in the store, and I loved it! Its a little spicy on me (my body chemistry makes the spicy notes come out), I'm okay with that. I was afraid that I might smell overpowering so I kept it on about 20 minutes and within that time, the scent became so pretty! I thought I would smell manly, but its just so pretty and sophisticated. It is similar to the original Prada scent but is more floral than patchouli (which I personally hate). Its also less powdery than the original. Contrary to what other reviewers have said, I think it has great lasting power, much more than the other florals in my fragrance wardrobe. The only downside to this scent is the price! Its so expensive for 1.7 oz (85CAD), but I'll definitely be buying this!
NOTE: I've read in a book that you can judge whether your scent is overpowering or not if YOU can smell it on you. In that case, use a little rubbing alcohol and wipe where you spray your perfume. It dries it down a little bit so that its not so overwhelming.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2008 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

I own and love the original Prada. Prada Tendre is, I feel, a somewhat diluted and sweetened version of the original - more wearable, more of a general appeal as is evident on these boards, but also more generic. This is not to say that it doesn't smell good - it does, but it just doesn't grab me. I will stick with the original as it suits me very well and is more unusual.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2007 8:06:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really full-bodied woodsy fragrance at first, but dry down is alot better so you have to give it some time, its gets floral, and it lasts a long time on the skin. Very sophisticated!! its so couture!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2007 11:06:00 PM More reviews by RococoRose

I loved the first Prada edp so had to buy this. I can never reall smell it on me, so sometimes spray far too much a suffocate my self in the car. The scent has quite a sharp edge to it, which I think makes it unique. An elegant fragrance with a bit of bite, that I have never really smelt before. Wears well. I can ot smell any similarities between it and Prada Intense. Smells beautiful on my Mother, she is not a huge fan of fragrances but really liked this one. Would buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2007 3:47:00 PM More reviews by covenant

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i bought this in the autumn, and love it. it is different than what i have normally worn. warm, woodsy, soft. but i have one complaint: for a company like prada, the lotion that goes with this is kind of...icky smelling. my family even commented that it does not smell nearly like the perfume, which they like on me. and again, for a company like prada, the bottle that the lotion comes in could easily compare to a drugstore item. very cheapy feel and look. when you spend a good amount for the department store stuff, you want it to be worth it, and this lotion was not, and i would not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2007 4:03:00 AM More reviews by keelz23

I like this because it's really complex. It's sexy and warm yet still elegant. I hate that it's so expensive for such a small amount, but it makes you feel fancy for wearing Prada I guess- haha. It also lasts much longer than any other fragrances I own and it's very dynamic- it develops on your skin.