July 24, 2014 | 1798 users online

Gels/Soaps - St. Ives - Oatmeal and Shea Butter Body Wash

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by TGrif6025

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Lots of body washes irritate my skin or give me a rash, but this doesn't at at all! It has a very nice slightly sweet, fresh scent that isn't too overpowering. It is super moisturizing and makes my skin feel really nice. Works great as a shaving gel!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by vanillablue

A scented body wash that doesn't make me breakout or give me a rash? Miracle! I'm on my second bottle. I think it was about 4 bucks at Target for a pretty sizeable bottle. I use it as a shave cream and bubble bath as well.

I have eczema and psoriasis and haven't had any issues using this product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Ania_Wang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I give it 4 lippies. It's nice smelling, quite moisturizing. Not something extraordinary, but nice. I would repurchase.
Though I remember using something like shower butter from Olay which was super moisturizing and shaving with it was so devine.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a great body wash for dry skin, i used to get one patch of dry skin on my side i could never fix it with many lotions till this body wash (: solved the problem will buy again esspecially when on sale 2 for 4.99 @CVS

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by lilacpriest

I've used a lot of body washes over the years (expensive and cheap-everything in between), and this is the first time trying this St. Ives one. I grabbed it off the shelf basically because I knew that St. Ives doesn't contain parabens, and I've used some of their other products (apricot scrub and lotion) here and there with great results.

This stuff is really good. I've been able to skip the body lotion afterwards, and that's saying a lot as my skin is usually dry all year round. It's been humid where I live, lately, but that has never stopped me from slathering on lotion and/or oil. So, this wash really is really moisturizing without residue. It cleans thoroughly, smells creamy but doesn't leave any scent after showering.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 6:18:00 AM More reviews by dont

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

In a matter of a few days this fixed my boyfriend's ultra dry skin. His dry skin bumps are gone. I don't like it on my normal to oily skin, but it has done a fantastic job on his.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by rope

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love St Ives apricot face scrubs and shea butter smells delicious, so I though I'd try this out. I have fairly dry skin & use Veet on my legs so I never use harsh shower gels and this looked promising.
I shower twice a day, every day as I work out most days at the gym. I noticed when I got out of the shower this stuff left my skin feeling super-slippery when wet ... and yes, I washed it off thoroughly (I'm a clean freak, I over-rinse if anything!). When my skin dried it was smooth and I love the smell, and so continued to use it. After a week or so I developed a rash and it's only just starting to go now after 3 days off this product! I'm pretty sure it leaves a heavy residue which irritated my skin allot - I had a rash in my bikini area (niiicceee!) all over my torso, shoulders and the backs of my knees. Really itchy too, ergh! I really wanted to like this stuff - I actually bought three massive bottles of it but I'm definitely going to dump them out because it's really been a pain in the azz. I think the combination of sweating allot at the gym and having my pores blocked by whatever filth they put in this is the problem, but gym bods give it a miss unless you want to look like you've been attacked by a cheese grater.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by perfectionobsession

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Saw this on MUA's top picks and I just had to buy it from my nearest Shoppers Drugmart. After using it my skin felt soooo moisturized, soft and supple. After showering I always touch and feel how soft my skin is. But after a week it gace me pimples on my legs PIMPLES!!! I never get breakouts anywhere in my body except the face, Totally hated it, gave it to my bestfriend, he loved it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Kfunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My all time favorite body wash! I use it year-round but I especially love it in the winter months because it soothes my dry skin. I also love the clean, fresh scent. One reason I will continue to come back to St. Ives over and over is because all of their products are paraben and phthalate free, which is hard to find in an inexpensive product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by jennyxgirl3

Best body wash ever! No matter if it's winter or in the middle of summer I will use this. It leaves my skin moisturized enough where I don't have to use a lotion everyday. Smells good too and is pretty cheap!