November 23, 2014 | 1910 users online

Gels/Soaps - St. Ives - Oatmeal and Shea Butter Body Wash

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by rlsadc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. I have been using different Dove body washes for the last few years, and I love them too, but I don't feel like they always rinse off very well. I use St. Ives face scrub, so I decided to give this a shot (it's cheaper than Dove too). I am so glad I did! I have pretty dry, sundamaged skin from living in the Vegas sun my whole life, and I love the calming moisture this wash gives. Smells fab too (and I am not usually a warm scent person, but this is more of a almondy/oatmeal smell, unlike most vanilla like smells that come with oatmeal washes).

No real complaints at all. The price is perfect, it works great. St. Ives is underloved in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by jessadores

I really enjoy St.Ives body washes they are not too expensive and they don't have parabens, I always repurchase them. I usually go for this one in the cooler months and the citrus one in the warmer months but it doesn't really matter they are both great. The only one I don't like is the sea salt one, the sea salt gets everywhere and dries up in clumps and it clogs the bottle and I don't recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by esmeralda1977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Such a lovely and comforting scent! It is also very moisturizing and lathers up to a cushiony foam with my Salux wash clothes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by TGrif6025

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Lots of body washes irritate my skin or give me a rash, but this doesn't at at all! It has a very nice slightly sweet, fresh scent that isn't too overpowering. It is super moisturizing and makes my skin feel really nice. Works great as a shaving gel!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by vanillablue

A scented body wash that doesn't make me breakout or give me a rash? Miracle! I'm on my second bottle. I think it was about 4 bucks at Target for a pretty sizeable bottle. I use it as a shave cream and bubble bath as well.

I have eczema and psoriasis and haven't had any issues using this product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Ania_Wang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I give it 4 lippies. It's nice smelling, quite moisturizing. Not something extraordinary, but nice. I would repurchase.
Though I remember using something like shower butter from Olay which was super moisturizing and shaving with it was so devine.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a great body wash for dry skin, i used to get one patch of dry skin on my side i could never fix it with many lotions till this body wash (: solved the problem will buy again esspecially when on sale 2 for 4.99 @CVS

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by lilacpriest

I've used a lot of body washes over the years (expensive and cheap-everything in between), and this is the first time trying this St. Ives one. I grabbed it off the shelf basically because I knew that St. Ives doesn't contain parabens, and I've used some of their other products (apricot scrub and lotion) here and there with great results.

This stuff is really good. I've been able to skip the body lotion afterwards, and that's saying a lot as my skin is usually dry all year round. It's been humid where I live, lately, but that has never stopped me from slathering on lotion and/or oil. So, this wash really is really moisturizing without residue. It cleans thoroughly, smells creamy but doesn't leave any scent after showering.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 6:18:00 AM More reviews by dont

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

In a matter of a few days this fixed my boyfriend's ultra dry skin. His dry skin bumps are gone. I don't like it on my normal to oily skin, but it has done a fantastic job on his.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by rope

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love St Ives apricot face scrubs and shea butter smells delicious, so I though I'd try this out. I have fairly dry skin & use Veet on my legs so I never use harsh shower gels and this looked promising.
I shower twice a day, every day as I work out most days at the gym. I noticed when I got out of the shower this stuff left my skin feeling super-slippery when wet ... and yes, I washed it off thoroughly (I'm a clean freak, I over-rinse if anything!). When my skin dried it was smooth and I love the smell, and so continued to use it. After a week or so I developed a rash and it's only just starting to go now after 3 days off this product! I'm pretty sure it leaves a heavy residue which irritated my skin allot - I had a rash in my bikini area (niiicceee!) all over my torso, shoulders and the backs of my knees. Really itchy too, ergh! I really wanted to like this stuff - I actually bought three massive bottles of it but I'm definitely going to dump them out because it's really been a pain in the azz. I think the combination of sweating allot at the gym and having my pores blocked by whatever filth they put in this is the problem, but gym bods give it a miss unless you want to look like you've been attacked by a cheese grater.