September 1, 2014 | 1994 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by aquaprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It looks pretty when first applied but found out that it leaves flakey stuff on my eyebrows haha. I mean I actually don't need anything for my eyebrows but I wanted to try this anyways. It was only a dollar so I didn't lose much.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've bought this product a few times now, despite not completely loving it because it's just too good of a deal to pass up. Every so often I'll buy slightly pricier, but still inexpensive Maybelline's clear Great Lash instead, but it doesn't quite have the holding power this $1 product does.

I'm pretty blessed in the brow department (thanks dad!), in that some of my eyebrows are actually longer than my eyelashes. I've never been fond of trimming my eyebrow hairs, so I try to incorporate a clear gel to tame and set my brows. Occasionally, I will use tube lip balm as an eyebrow wax, but it tends to evaporate throughout the day and requires me to reapply. This stuff is pretty hardcore, it applies fairly wet and glossy, but dries very much to a stiff unmovable product on your eyebrows. Maybe I'm using too much (I swipe excess away with my fingers), but it does flake off in tiny white bits if you happen to disturb your brows an hour or so after application! The flakes are quite visible on my black eyebrows, so that is the biggest con of this product for me. I've never noticed Maybelline's Great Lash flaking to the extent of this one, but then again, it's a softer, more pliable formula.

Also this is definitely not the least bit waterproof, but given that it's clear, it doesn't really leave much of a mess when it starts to breakdown from sweat and whatnot, unless you've also applied colored brow powder.

Nonetheless, on most days it seems to fare moderately well for keeping my rowdy brows in place. I've never used it as a clear mascara on my eyelashes, but I imagine it might be a tad too stiff of a formula. I'm positive there are better products out there, but for $1 a pop, it's good to have this around as part of my eyebrow routine.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by woodenshoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I never wear mascara but I made an exception for this transparant and colourless gloss which I use without applying another mascara on top of it.I am satisfied with a product that defines my eyelashes in a subtle way and this does the job perfectly. It elongates and curles the eyelashes and conditions them at the same time. That is more than enough for me and all I want in the end. I am clumsy when it comes to applying coloured or black mascara's and always end up looking like a racoon at the end of the day. This is a great alternative for a real mascara as far as I'm concerned and very affordable. Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by bbguntwinkletitts

love it, should wear mascara with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by hellerenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've had this one before, and I had to get it again. I was without it for a few months and realized how much I needed it again! I don't have bushy eyebrows, but this does an amazing job at keeping my brows in place all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by dee917

Great product. Holds eyebrows well AND it is dirt cheap. It is however very small and I ran out of it quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by BGutwein

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this duo lash and brow mascara. Love the convenience of having a duo stick on hand for lash and brow fixes. Holds well, looks naturally glossy and holds well. No flaking or clumping. I believe this is priced at $2.00 but could have been in the $1.00 section when purchased, but for either 1 or 2 bucks, it cannot be beat. I love using clear mascara for the natural/minimalist makeup look and this does the trick. Have used many brands before, CG, Maybelline, etc and they all flaked or itched my eyes. E.L.F. clear brow & lash mascara is worth the pickup to have in any makeup kit.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Jacheampong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hold my brows and works GREAT! No flaking or anything!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by yatnil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have been using this product exclusively for my brows for several years now. It is a HG for me. Since it only costs $1 and is available in several stores around me, it's such a good product. I use it with another (E.L.F.) brow gel and it works perfectly. My brows stay in shape all day and don't flake or have any tint from the gel.

I'd absolutely recommend this. And if for some weird reason, you hate it, you're only out $1.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by kendallr123

Perfect price, only a dollar, an animal-friendly company, and a good product. I like a natural look and to carry around minimal makeup, so this double duty product is great. Tames unruly brows and I like the clear mascara as dark mascaras tend to end up giving me dark shadows under my eyes as the day carries on. Nice for separating and glossing over. Totally would buy again and recommend.