November 23, 2014 | 856 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Treasa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

So disappointed in this company. They discontinued the intensive formula and now I am forced to trawl through all their bases to see if I can maybe find a base that works for me. The matte base was horrible, I ended up with nothing more than that awful caked look. I had horrible break outs and clogged pores, not nice tohave ended up with skin eruptions which I have not had in years. I have very fine skin and the base that this company decided to get rid of always looked wonderful on me-i was always getting compliments. Since I have started to try this other bases I have been asked if I am alright!!!
Definitely not something I would buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Tindra78

Wanted to celebrate "4 years with my favourite foundation" by reposting this review.... Still, years later, this is the BEST coverage for my really oily acne-prone skin.... The only thing that have changed is that my eye area has become drier during the years, so I can't use this on the outside of my eye area.... Still, it keeps oil at bay better than many more expensive high-end foundations ( of course with a powder)....

So still 5 lippies to this little cheap thing... :D

Update 2013-02-19:

As extremely acne prone I got a little scared of all the talk about Lauroyl lysine causing breakouts, so now I've used lily lolo (mica+Zink oxide) and the EDM jojoba base (mica + jojoba) for almost 2 weeks. I don't think I can see any difference in my acne?? So I don't know... If LL effects everyone...

One other really, really important point: No, there are not many similar brands in the world!! Titanium dioxide ENLARGES pores on me!!! Really awful!!! There are NOT many good brands without this ingredient!! In that way EMD is really unique, and leaves a much more beautiful finish than ordinary mmu brands! :)

Written 3 of July 2008: Love this!!!! Light, easy to apply and really covers scars and acne.... I wear this on all areas in the face, except on the nose because mineral loose foundations usually enlarge pores....and on my nose I really have large pores, so I hide them with a real foundation there....(liquid). But this one works on well, when it comes to all other imperfections...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2012 5:40:00 AM More reviews by yuenloklok

Didn't break me out but looked so cakey on me. Worse, it dried me out and gave me skin flakes.

Packaging was downright annoying because powder would spill everywhere if you are not careful.

That being said, you have to give it to EDM for its color selection.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by betriix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure if this is the best mineral foundation out there, but so far it's the only line I've tried that has a good match for me. The shade is called Light. It's a creamy light yellow shade with a little peach. There is no discernible olive whatsoever, and very little beige. (Yes, I've tried Meow's Manx and Chartreux, but they were either too yellow or too peach). Granted I am extremely color sensitive, because I'm a retoucher for work, so I'm used to discerning subtle color shifts that require an almost extra sensory perception. But damnit, I want my skin to look like MY skin!

I'm ashamed to say that I've become obsessed with finding my HG over the past two months and have purchased way more samples than I care to calculate. My sister came over the other night and saw my millions of packets in the bathroom with labeled swatches painted onto paper towels, etc. She was like "Oookaaaay... "

The only other one that came close was Alima Warm 3, but I got excited and used it up too quickly to give it a good, careful comparison with EDM Light.

Everyday Minerals foundations have a different finish from most other MMUs. They use primarily mica in their formulations. There are pros and cons of this. On the pros side, mica melts into the skin like nothing else. It is dense and suede-like in texture and lays into the skin almost like a cream. It doesn't have the light, powdery, dust-in-the-air qualities of other MMU. I'm not sure that there is a definite con side, but it depends on your taste and your skin. It's hard to describe what the heavy mica does to the finish. It can be extremely natural and dewy. It leaves a very rich finish compared with zinc and titanium. I don't know how else to put it. On the other hand, depending on your skin and how much you've applied, it CAN look a bit heavy in some lighting. Yet in most lighting it looks incredibly flattering. Very confusing.

EDM hasn't officially won as my HG. I feel slightly mixed about the finish, and yet so far I feel there are more advantages than disadvantages. The color, of course, works for me, but I'm going to try Silk Naturals mix-your-own style MMU before I give up on my HG search. I'd love to be able to adjust color at will. The question is, will I be able to mix up something as flattering as EDM Light? And will I miss all that creamy mica goodness?

I should note that Lumiere also uses a lot of mica. I just tried samples today, but alas both the Gold and the Warm look green on me. I don't get it. The models on the website don't look green. But as soon as I opened the package, I could see it. Okay people, I'm not a Vulcan. Seriously?

Anyway, I recommend giving EDM a try. There are some beautiful colors, even though the color scheme doesn't make sense, and the colors are poorly described on the website. Samples are free though, which is fantastic. By the way, I've not noticed much difference in the Matte and Semi-Matte formulas. The intensive seems a bit chalky though, so I steer clear of that one. The packaging works, but I wish they were glass instead of white plastic. Makes them look a bit cheap. Oh well. Good product overall for sure.

One more thing, don't try their "Golden Beige" concealer (Formulated for light to medium complexions with soft yellow undertones) unless you have medium to dark brown skin. I have no idea what they were thinking with that one.

Edit: Well Silk Naturals didn't pan out for me, despite a great deal of experimentation. But I have since found my HG. It is Meow after all. I couldn't figure out my color at first, but now that I have nailed it (Siamese/Manx mix), it's so much better than anything I've ever used. I can't believe I used to think EDM Light was a great match. Meow's formulas are better too.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by randomtaskzombie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is amazing! I love the finish i really love the coverage because i have a lot of acne scars to cover and this does the job very very well. However, this breaks me out so incredibly bad. I have never tried any product that breaks me out but this does. I have gotten probably 20 pimples from wearing this, they are cystic and very painful. I would recommend at least giving this a try. I really wish it didn't break me out. It would be HG foundation for me if it didn't break me out.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by lostsundaygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love EDM products, the packaging is so much better than other mineral makeup brands and it's relatively cheap but lately I haven't been happy with EDM changing their formula without informing their customers.

The first time I used the EDM base my skin didn't break out and it photographed so well. This last time after I reordered my powder the color started looking a little more orange after application but still was so much better than other powders I've used. However, I also started to notice that my skin was getting gradually more irritated and itchy as well which I never had before. From what I've found out they've added lauroyl lysine which is a possible irritant and can cause allergic reactions which I think I'm having and it's just exacerbating my acne. Therefore, I'm switching over to Mineral Hygienics which seems to have the same EDM ingredients except without lauroyl lysine. I'll keep you guys updated!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by ckrone

LOVE THIS STUFF!

I switched from Clinique for my foundation needs after I went vegan and really missed the even coverage of a liquid foundation. So I gave the elf liquid foundation a shot and found that it wasn't that great for oily or acne-prone skin. I like a lot of the elf products because they are so cheap and are actually vegan but that particular product wasn't my favorite.

After I gave up on liquid, I gave bareminerals a shot. I liked the coverage, but I have some acne scarring that it didn't cover to the fullest. However, I was very happy with it and didn't feel that the brand was seriously lacking.

Enter Everyday Minerals- a brand that promotes itself as cruelty free. I gave this stuff a shot with the free sample kit online, how can you lose? One use, and I was hooked! The coverage is so much better than bareminerals, and I don't have to use nearly as much. I felt like I had to do tons of buffing to get bareminerals to improve the look of my skin, but with Everday Minerals I hardly had to buff and even skipped concealing.

It feels creamy when it touches your skin, the coverage is even and medium/full. Additionally, their blushes and bronzers are very natural and highly pigmented. Very little product goes a long way with this brand as a whole.

And did I mention the price is awesome?!

I'm a convert to Everyday Minerals, that's for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by macybee

I love this foundation! I'm someone who hates shopping for makeup because it's so hard to find something that works and matches my skin tone. I got some samples and loved it... I was previously thinking of buying Bare Minerals but in comparison Everyday Minerals is ground so much finer - BM doesn't seem to sink into your face like EM.This foundations stays on well and magically makes my face look nice... my friend was watching me put my foundation on on prom day and seemed genuinely surprised that I was able to shape up so nicely (since I looked gross before with no makeup on.) It looks like I'm barely wearing any makeup. I also bought the multi tasking concealer and I like that as well. The only thing is that I think I need a slightly lighter shade, but that's my fault for ordering the wrong one. You can barely tell, but I wish I had the lighter shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Ayeangeeela

I honestly love this foundation. I have combination skin. I am dry around my cheeks and oily around my t-zone. Even though i am dry around my cheeks, when i apply this foundation it doesn't give me any flakes or any dry patches. this foundation isn't exactly fully matte. it does have the smallest amount of shimmer in it, which i love because it gives you a really nice natural glow. I fall into the shade sandy medium which i believe is nc42-43 in mac cosmetics. I also like the packaging of this product because it does have a sifter which avoids spillage. This foundation doesn't exactly give you full coverage, its gives you more of a medium coverage if you just put in one layer of it. You can definitely get full coverage if you apply a second layer. & its very buildable. so overall i love this product & will definitely purchase another one.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by ollagreta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This used to be my HG foundation, but the new formula with Lauroyl Lysine makes me break out badly.