E.L.F. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Candlelight

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/10/2011 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this and just bought it from all the raving because I wanted a pigmented lip gloss. But, sadly on my fair-medium skin this barely puts any color on, and I have to say that I am pretty disappointed in terms of color payoff. Also, this stuff is thick and goopy, sticky, is kind of hard to rub in. Also smells like grape- but that is neither here nor there. I have to say that the brand TEN at the 99 cents store lip gloss in the color 'canyon' is hella better than this. For the same price you get actual color, and it smells like yummy cotton candy.
However, for all the negative comments I made on this product I am a little happier with the elf gloss in Watermelon. Definitely some pigmentation in that one. Overall, I think I'll stay away form these lip glosses- like glue on my lips- never had such a problem before.

on 5/10/2011 1:07:00 PM

How could you beat a $1 glossy that is even half way decent?? I have this in a few shades but my fav is watermelon. Its fairly pigmented, has a nice shine, not too sticky or slimy AND has SPF. WINNING!

on 5/10/2011 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Beautiful peachy nude that doesn't wash me out. Its slightly lighter in tone than Pink Kiss. I use this often with a bronze smokey eye, but its not so light that I can't wear it with just eyeliner and mascara. Love! Definitely would repurchase. I think this lipgloss is the best of the $1 elf items.

on 5/5/2011 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I got this color because I saw some videos on yt about it and decided to get it especially since it only cost $1...STEAL!!! Its a very pretty subtle/neutral champagne color with high shine and it smells pretty good too!!

on 3/29/2011 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is a must have! I LOVE this lip gloss so much!!! It's a soft pale peach colour with subtle shimmer and on lips this looks just lovely. The smell is nice as well. I have some high end lip glosses, but this is the most favourite! I definitely recommend this!

on 1/6/2011 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love the consistency of this lipgloss, and it has decent color payoff. For $1, this is definitely a steal. Will continue to buy these as they are quickly becoming some of my favorite lipglosses!

on 1/6/2011 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not a fan of this gloss. The price is great and the scent is fine but lets talk about the super glossy shine? Maybe the tube i bought didnt have it in it...but what was in it was this frosty cakey orangy color that burned the mess out of my mouth when i wiped it off. If I wanted a gloss to burn I would have bought some Duwop. This one was not for me. I'll end with the phrase " You get what you pay for"

I had head so much about this product, it was all over YouTube. I had to pick one up myself. At first i really wasn't a fan of it, a couple days later i tried it again. Paired it with a light nude lipstick. I loved it! The first time i had tried it i put to much one, causing the product to be very sticky on my lips. Just a small amount is needed, it looks amazing, even under bare lips. Smells great and the price is unbeatable! I will definitely be repurchasing.

on 1/3/2011 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Perfect lipgloss for $1!? How can you beat that! I never like buying high end lipstick or lipgloss because I feel like its a waste of money. This color is beautiful and goes very well with Revlon's Colorburst lipstick in Soft Nude

on 12/13/2010 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

To be honest I only pruchased this product because of the amazing reviews. I was shopping for makeup brushes on the E.L.F. website recently, and because I had a 50% off everything coupon I went ahead and got a whole bunch of their products that had good reviews.
For $1 this product is a steal (as well as most other E.L.F. products that I have tried).

The color is a soft champagne/nude that will look good on pretty much any skin tone. I tend to this of such shade as better suited for people with a slightly darker complexion, but I am super pale and this gloss still looks great.
The staying power is great and comparable to any other higher priced gloss. The scent was a huge surprise for me since I expected it to smell vanilla/caramel-y due to the color, but it actually smells like Smarties (to me at least).

Love it and will repurchase for sure!

Recommended for Medium Skin