beautyblender the sponge

4.4

on 4/15/2015 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

As a huge sceptic of this overpriced pink sponge, I'm just going to say: this thing can make cement blend into your fave beautifully!!! I was very faithful to my Real Techniques orange sponge and still am (now my back up sponge), first tired this product with my KVD Lock It foundation and it definitely gives any foundation an amazing boost of a flawless finish. Obviously this is a sponge and not a magic wand so don't expect real-life Photoshop results but it's certainly worth the cost. Results look like amazing skin and not spackled make up cakes everywhere.

on 4/15/2015 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

GAME CHANGER!
Honestly can't believe I bought a 20 dollar sponge....but it is AMAZING I use it to apply my dr jart BB cream and also concealer. It's amazing, I used to just use my fingers for the BB cream and it was fine but the beauty blender really applies it amazingly. An airbrush finish and perfect for blending from the jawline into the neck. Fingers don't do it as flawlessly. I clean it after every use, I've only had it about one week so I can't say whether or not it gathers bacteria and causes breakouts. Hope not!!! I will update accordingly.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

my concealer glides on with a damp beauty blender! i love it

on 4/10/2015 8:20:00 PM

Pricey but worth it. I used to use the Real Techniques buffing brush and before that a paddle foundation brush and honestly I'll never go back to anything else!

I just got this, but so far I love it!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have the quo version of this. It's so perfect for me. Makes foundation easy to apply.

on 4/4/2015 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Finally bought one and am not blown away.
It is ok not amazing.
I have tried it with at least 5 foundations to see how well this really works and to me it was just eh, whatever.
I really wish I had not spent my money on this because now that I am done trying it out I NEVER use it. I prefer my flat top brush or fingers over this.
I also did not notice that I used any less foundation then normal.
Actually to me I felt like I used slightly more.
The only thing I liked was the slightly cooling of the beauty blender due to the fact that it was wet. Other than that I do not care for this at all.

on 4/4/2015 8:38:00 PM

I LOVE my BB's, yes plural. I own 3 at the moment. They are worth the price and far better, for me, than brushes or my fingers. Brushes tend to emphasize flakiness on me and fingers just don't blend everything out enough. I like thicker/more full coverage foundations though. Highly recommend!

on 4/2/2015 10:08:00 PM

i tried this beauty blender like 4 times and i dont really understand all the rave reviews with this on yt and ig. it is expensive, a nightmare to clean, unsanitary coz of the trapped makeup no matter how I clean it, eats my foundation and after couple of times it becomes useless - disposable glorified sponge.

i hate how it absorbs my foundation when i want this thing to blend and smoothen it, not eat it. i think it's ridiculous and a total waste of money.

then, il go back with the best blending tool: my fingers. dont get me wrong, i own several consumer and pro brushes but nothing beats the finger for blending and smoothing the foundation.

on 4/2/2015 3:09:00 AM

Good product to apply and blend make up! I don't really use it anymore because i also like to apply my make up with brushes so I'm going to give it a 4...But I'm almost sure that I'll switch back to this at some point because it is really nice to use.

Video Reviews & Tutorials