Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup SPF 15

3.4

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 4.0%, Oxybenzone 3.0%. Inactive Ingredients: Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg 10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glycerin, Glyceryl Behenate, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Hexyl Laurate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Isododecane, Isoeicosane, Macrocystic Pyrifera Extract, Magnesium Sulfate, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Potassium Sorbate, Propylene Carbonate, Pvp, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Silica, Sodium Benzoate, Tocopherylacetate, Tribehenin, Triethoxylcaprylylsilane, Water. May Contain (+/-): Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).

on 7/31/2013 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a fantastic foundation, but of course not for everyone. This might help someone trying to decide if this foundation could work for them:

- provides a light to medium level of coverage
- dewy to satin finish. if you have oily skin and prefer a mattifying foundation, this is not it. I have dry to normal skin and I adore the natural finish it gives
- limited shade range BUT is workable. I have NC20 skin and wear the shade 0- porcelain, which has yellow undertones too. I don't see this working for anyone with lighter skin than that, but when this shade is buffed in it suits me very well. Shade 1 is too peach-toned for me and doesn't match my neck.
- best applied with a synthetic buffing brush in circular motions. I use the retractable foundation brush also made by hourglass but I've had good results also with the Real Techniques buffing brush and the Sigma f80 flat-top kabuki brush.
- if shine is a problem for you then definitely use a powder after you apply the foundation. I find this works really well with the NARS light reflecting setting powder on my T-zone.

Overall, I love this foundation and it is my holy grail. I'm normal to dry and the finish works well for me and doesn't oxidize. But try it out first! In Australia, mecca cosmetica always offers samples. $87 AUD is too much to spend on a foundation that doesn't work for you.

on 7/17/2013 12:03:00 AM

The end all and be all of foundation. Great medium to heavy coverage without the cakey feeling. They softer "lit" affect is nice glow on my combo skin but NOT as dewey as BB/CC creams, which I don't like for that aspect. In fact, it's skin tightening and softening, spanx for the face is what one make up artisit calls it. He's right, takes years off the face! Feels great on.

Now for the color. Hourglass is weird in this way. DO NOT rely on the numbering system, 1.5 (nude that should work for most Asian skin tones), is darker than 2.0, depending on your definition of "dark". So invest the time to find the color without relying on the numbers, it's worth it.

I hate wearing foundation so when I need the coverage, I splurge on the best. I have Georgio Maestro, Tom Ford, YSL, Kevin Aucion, Laura Mercier, Cle de peu, MAC, Chantacalle, etc... Been there done that, all disappointed.

on 6/24/2013 6:05:00 PM

I tried this as a free Sephora sample. Be warned -- it's SO orange. I have neutral to warm skin and I can't even imagine whose skin tone would match this. Given some of the other reviews, it sounds like the oranginess runs throughout all of the shades in this line. I tried Nude. Egad. No bueno.

on 6/20/2013 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Great coverage, love the Dewey finish, and is the only foundation that doesn't make me break out! I highly recommend this foundation and it's anti aging!!!

on 4/15/2013 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I so, so, so wanted to love this foundation. After reading all the great anti-aging properties it has and the natural properties, I wanted this to be my HG! However, although I do "like" the foundation, I do not love it, and for the price, I would need to love it. I am going to finish the bottle, because I do like the dewy appearance that it gives me, it is not worth the money spent. I like something more full coverage, which I thought this was going to be; however it does feel more like a tinted moisturizer and transfers easily to clothes/cell phone/etc. It also did this after I set it with Laura Gellar Balance and Brighten. Like I said, I will finish but will not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This foundation isn't for me... If your looking for age correction , a dewy finish and plumping then this will work . I def will say its not for everybody but for the right person it can be great..( I tried it on many friends with diff skin n concerns wanting to love it) it has good ingredients like synthe 6 with apparently fills in wrinkles and a skin tightener called ST PH. The colors are very bizarre I must say... I feel like the tinted moist by this brand is much much better.

on 3/9/2013 4:07:00 PM

This foundation is gross, at least on me it is. On a recent Sephora order, I received a sample of this in shade No 1 (Ivory) and decided to wear it today. I'm NC20/25 ish/BB warm sand so most shades called Ivory usually blend in ok for me or may even run a touch light -- so you can imagine how shocked I was when I looked at the product on my finger to see it look so dark (and organgey)! Sephora website describes this shade as "fair with pink undertones", there is no way I can imagine anyone who is fair with pink undertones to match to the No 1 Ivory shade -- the shade that I used was more like NC37. Regardless of the shade match, I tried it on my face anyway (I wasn't going out today so the ill shade match was no big deal for me today). The coverage is light-medium and had a dewy-ish finish that just felt sticky-ish. After a couple hours, it greased up on me and got very shiny eventhough I had set it with translucent powder. It also oxidized (so got even more orangey) and settled into pores and lines. All this could be due to the fact that this foundation is not right for my combo skin and it might be better for someone with drier skin -- but I still cannot get over how the Ivory shade can be so dark and orangey. At $70 CDN and $60US a bottle, I would not recommend this to anyone until they try a sample.

on 2/24/2013 11:51:00 PM

When your skin is in good shape, it looks really great - very dewy and refined. Evens out lighter blemishes. If you need more coverage, add powder or concealer.

on 2/23/2013 1:18:00 PM

I had high hopes for this foundation, and while the formula itself isn't bad the color is. I am very fair skinned with red undertones so in general it's difficult for me to find foundations that work. I got 3 different samples of the fairest shades they have, No. 0 Porcelain, No. 1 Ivory and No. 1.5 Nude. When I first put on the No. 0 Porcelain it seemed to be blending nicely into my skin, until I finished up and saw an orange line of demarcation where the foundation ended and my natural skin started. Not just a line but straight up orange, I couldn't believe it! And of course the other 2 colors were too dark for my skin as well. I do have to say that the company itself is amazing!! I was given very generous samples of the foundation as well as their primer, all recommended to me based on my skin type. Because of this I'll definitely be looking into some of the other products they carry and hope to have better results with them!

on 12/28/2012 7:41:00 AM

Does not set and remains wet. Turned much deeper orange in under an hour on the face. It's unwearable. I have dry combo skin. I wouldn't rec this to anyone.