April 18, 2014 | 942 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Acne Facial Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by edendani17

I saw this product at Ulta, near the front where they sell sample sizes. I always try to get a sample first to see if I like it before I commit to a whole bottle. For a sample size, it was really pricey, so that was the first thing that turned me off. I tried it and the next thing that turned me off was the smell... It is NASTY!!! Smells like really strong old lady perfume! The prodcut made my skin smooth, but it did nothing for my acne. I basially spent money on a gel that doesn't do anything. Wouldn't recommend to anybody.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by L0velyBones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the trial size from Ulta and I'm grateful that I did. This cleanser isn't bad nor is it anything to rave over. I have very oil, blemish-prone skin and it didn't do much. It reminds me of Cetaphil in its texture. It's very gentle and it works great with my Clarisonic but it's nothing special.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by istyleit

This would work in a pinch but it feels my skin looking weird like cracked like a crocodile on my forehead. It doesnt not however break me out. But O wont buy again, Ill stick with my neutrogena grapefruit scrub.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is probably the gentlest acne cleanser Ive ever tried. It is a nice basic cleanser but doesnt do a thing for removing makeup or keeping my skin under control.
No unpleasant smell. I use it in the am in the shower.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2012 5:05:00 AM More reviews by Gidella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure if I like this product or not. Or if I'll get it again. It works, but it doesn't do wonders. I've had other cleansers that's worked just as well if not even better than the acne facial cleanser and those products doesn't cost hell either. I got this because I use a lot of other MB products and figured it was worth a try since I really liked those other products. And because I like to use products from the same line rather than pick and use from a million different brands.

Anyway, my skin has cleared up a lot. That's a fact. However as I've been using a lot of other products as well I'm not sure if it's the cleanser that's done the trick or the other stuff (like toners, the buffering lotion and the drying cream) though I think it's probably the other products that's done it. I previously used MB's enzyme cleansing gel and it worked okay as well. Okay, but not great. Between the two I'd probably get the enzyme cleansing gel instead of the acne facial cleanser as it's slightly cheaper and works just as well for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by elliemarie17

I bought this product about 2 weeks ago and I'm not really sure what to say..it seems like a great basic cleanser for someone with dry/combo skin and no acne. It is fine for preventing acne but I feel like what's in the bottle is just a bad combination of things. I honestly didn't see any improvement coming from this product. I think I'm gonna exchange it for their Enzyme Cleanser, instead. It isn't bad but not what I expected :/

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by loveking

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This really improved my acne with regular use, it was a shame I only got the sample size. I used it whenever I had breakouts (time of the month) and it got rid of it instantly. It was pretty pricey for a cleanser though - AUD$22.95

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by MSFIT75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nothing great, think aggravated skin causing more breakouts- won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by stikfigyr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gentle, effective cleanser. Natural ingredients; pleasant herbal smell. reminds me of Aveda's outer peace cleanser, although this product is a gel. Doesn't irritate my skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by fabulyss

I prefer MB's Enzyme Cleansing Gel. This product did not do anything to heal existing breakouts nor did it prevent my monthly hormonal acne. It doesn't remove makeup very well so I often have to cleanse twice (perhaps that's why it does nothing to prevent my acne?).