March 3, 2015 | 1622 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Acne Facial Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by rmorrow

This stuff broke me out like no other!! At first I couldn't figure out why all of a sudden I was inundated with cysts and whiteheads worse than I've had in years. I really didn't think a cleanser could do this sort of damage.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Musja

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this cleanser for couple of month and I really like it. I have a super sensitive acne prone combo skin an this cleanser works just great - doesn't dryme out -my skin loves it.
The only thing is that it has a mild scent of an airfreshner, it doesn't bother me much but I wish it was something more pleasent.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by BerniA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not so sure what to think of this cleanser. I've been using it for about a month and I think it may be the reason my skin has gotten pretty irritated lately. It started off calming my acne down, but then I've been feeling itchy all over my face lately and really dry, even after moisturizing. I stopped using it and continued with just the buffering lotion and drying lotion after my new cleanser and I haven't had any irritation as of late. I have a ton left in the bottle, so I might save it for when my skin really freaks out, but for now I'm shelving yet another facial cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by badwolf42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

So I have been using this for A LONG time now, and I can honestly say it is amazing. My skin looks so healthy using this. It has no smell and few ingredients which I love. Not too pricey for a nicer skin care line. Makes my skin feel great and smooth. Obviously do not get it near eyes, but it just feels so great. Def recommend

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm going through some tough times, so my life is anxiety/stress central these days. Of course, it reflects on my skin. I break out at the drop of a hat. I went to Ulta and found this. They had a trial size for $8, bless them, so I decided to give it a try. So far, I'm pretty happy with it. No, it's not a miracle worker, but it's working better than my usual cleanser. More importantly, it does not dry my face out. In spite of my age, I'm still oily. But if I use regular D/S acne cleaners, my skin gets very dry. Not with this stuff. It's mild and nice. I don't detect any particular smell, and while yes, it does not foam as other products, it does a good job of cleaning my face. I use it twice a day with my little $3 face brush: a night, after removing my MU with my DHC oil cleanser - it's no good pretending that soap or cleansers alone remove all MU; they don't, and all you get is badly cleansed skin that eventually breaks out - and in the morning, in the shower. I'm please with this product and I would recommend it especially for mature women, like me, who still break out and can't use harsh acne products.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2012 12:51:00 PM More reviews by annacay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this cleanser as a temporary product, but I noticed that the more I use it, the more my skin has cleared up and looks less congested, less red and more luminous. Whatever the ingredients are, my skin really likes the aloe/salicylic acid combo. Good for people with sensitive skin dried out by acne treatments, maybe?

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by anthecouturier

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I picked this up at Ulta trying to stay optimistic about MB after a horrible experience with the Botanical Facial Gel, which, because of its non-foaming formula, left my face feeling dirty and broke me out (I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin. After I used this face wash once, I noticed about three zits emerging on the side of my left cheek. I was devastated. The formula is non-foaming, but doesn't say so on the bottle. My face felt cleaner than after using the Botanical, so I thought it was doing its thing. Well, I was wrong. After using this wash for about a week, I've been playing Whac-A-Mole with pimples, and I usually only get the occasional single zit and a couple during my time of the month.

I tried to like this product, I really did, but I gave it so many chances that now I can't even return the bottle. A total of $30 now that I've wasted on MB face wash. I'm only sticking to the other MB products from now on.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by edendani17

I saw this product at Ulta, near the front where they sell sample sizes. I always try to get a sample first to see if I like it before I commit to a whole bottle. For a sample size, it was really pricey, so that was the first thing that turned me off. I tried it and the next thing that turned me off was the smell... It is NASTY!!! Smells like really strong old lady perfume! The prodcut made my skin smooth, but it did nothing for my acne. I basially spent money on a gel that doesn't do anything. Wouldn't recommend to anybody.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by L0velyBones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the trial size from Ulta and I'm grateful that I did. This cleanser isn't bad nor is it anything to rave over. I have very oil, blemish-prone skin and it didn't do much. It reminds me of Cetaphil in its texture. It's very gentle and it works great with my Clarisonic but it's nothing special.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by istyleit

This would work in a pinch but it feels my skin looking weird like cracked like a crocodile on my forehead. It doesnt not however break me out. But O wont buy again, Ill stick with my neutrogena grapefruit scrub.