September 15, 2014 | 865 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Soft Moisturizing Creme

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Empyrean_Luminary

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Silky, pleasant, non-greasy, and effective! I use this on my body and face and it is just lovely. Skin feels SOFT...as the name suggests.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by ceebee90

This is the only lotion I find myself repurchasing again and again. You can get the small version for something like a dollar, in a little pot, PERFECT for throwing in your purse and using wherever. Right now, I have two of the tiny pots, one in my purse and one next to my bed, and one of the very large jars in my bathroom cabinet, which I use every day on my face and anywhere else I need it. Although it has a bit of fragrance, it's not enough to be irritating. It's much lighter than the classic Nivea cream in the blue jar, which lists "mineral oil" as its second ingredient after water, whereas this lotion includes the moisturizing and non-oily ingredient "glycerin" as the second ingredient after water. So it's non-oil, lighter, and moisturizing. This is my favorite skin-care product. Plus, it's affordable. Love this stuff.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by vitalogies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this moisturizer. My skin is very dry, sensitive and acne prone, so it's always a risk to try new moisturizers because I don't know how my skin will react, especially considering I got this at my local dollar store. But I was pleasantly surprised. It leaves my skin very soft with no greasy feel at all, and a little goes a long way. No breakouts or skin tantrums here. But be careful not to get it directly into your eyes, which shouldn't be a problem for most people but since I'm an idiot these things sometimes happen. It will burn and you will cry. Anyway, a great moisturizer, just not for your corneas.
Maybe not my first choice since I already have a HG moisturizer, but when I need something cheap, I can always rely on this wondrous goop.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by hannah170

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Background: my skin is sensitive, acne-prone, and gets very very dry in extreme weather conditions

So this moisturiser was fairly good, but not everything I'd hoped for after reading all of the reviews here. Lately I've been having really dry skin on my cheeks, and even dry flaky patches around my nose/eyes and whilst this helped (more so then plenty of other moisturisers I've tried), it certainly didn't make all the dryness go away.

Alas, the hunt for my HG moisturiser continues.

One good thing about this moisturiser is that its really absorbent, so you can pile it on at night and then its vanished when you wake up in the morning with almost no residue. It also didn't break me out either.

However, it did irritate my skin around my eye area.

Verdict: If you have dry skin then this will help, but if you have really, really dry/sensitive skin then it may not be the one for you. But at its price, its probably worth giving a go anyway

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 6:11:00 AM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I used to love this cream as teenager, but then I grew up and got interested in cosmetics and started using fancy and expensive high end products.

Usually my skin is dry and sensitive, but lately I have had a lot of hormonal acne, stress acne and oiliness, because of hormonal changes. My skin has looked horrible, and high end brands have not helped me at all. One day I told my husband that it´s horrible to be 27 but have the skin of an 14-year old. Then I remembered that Nivea Soft had helped me when I was 14. I thought that it is not possible that it would work for teenage skin and for adult skin, but I decided to try. I bought a small tube of 75ml and it cost about 2 euros at my local store.

So, here I am. One week with Nivea Soft moisturizer is now behind me and my skin looks so good!! Not perfect, ofcourse, but much much better than for 5 months! Last week I had many, painful pimples on my jaw and jawline (they were there like a month and thought that it is just impossible to get rid of them!) and now they are completely gone! Only a few red patches there, no pain, no open skin. It is like magic! Overall my skin looks good and plump, only a few pimples here and there, and only one new pimple!

Good bye all the expensive creams and lotions, I will stay loyal to Nivea soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by emmaimasterman

Best lotion I've ever used. I have repurchased this product numerous times - that says something.
I use this all over the body, and on my face every night. It is really light and doesn't make my already oily skin feel too oily. It doesn't cause breakouts, and the scent is light and powdery - doesn't bother me at all.
I would definitely recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Lexyoyo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, people who hate the packaging need to know the same stuff also comes in a tube.
I have normal to dry, very young skin, and this is beautiful on my skin. It soothes itchiness from some stripping cleansers, it is the perfect level of absorbency, and as it says, its soft and creamy. Perfect as a first moisturiser or for all ages, my mum, me and my gran all use it with the same great results.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by kitskats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I adore this cream! Smells good works well doesn't make my hands greasy after applying! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by madscientist01

I got this as a xmas present, so I can't comment on how expensive or inexpensive it is.

My skin is more complicated than just "oily" or "acne-prone". It can be extremely dry (to the point where my skin flakes and looks like dander on my shirt..gross, I know), yet still oily, acne-prone, and very sensitive (I get a lot of allergic reactions).

I started using this because I've been having a lot of bad dryness lately, which it has been helping with. It feels very heavy and greasy when you first apply it, but it absorbs within a couple minutes. It leaves my skin feeling nice and silky, but doesn't make me overly oily. It also hasn't caused me to breakout (to my surprise), and hasn't caused any allergic reactions. Yay!

The packaging however, is really unhygienic.

EDIT: I recently discovered you can purchase this in a squeeze tube! It's pricier that way, but much more hygienic.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by gialastuin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

this is the first moisturizer I tried on my face and it worsened my skin so bad, I had creepy acne because of this. It smelt great because of the perfume.