July 23, 2014 | 2130 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmer - Guava

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 4:54:00 PM More reviews by kimberpoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Dang, the lip stuff itself isn't bad, a nice, smooth, minty feel that isn't sticky or thick, but DANG this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too shimmery for such a bright color!!!!!!!! I think if it was a clear gloss it wouldn't be so bad, but even though I love shimmer this is a horrible 80' bright purple-pink color that I don't think would look good on anyone. YUCK!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2008 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Draper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Me: 41, n/d. Fascinating to see that Guava has such low ratings! Pros: soft silvery pink, very shimmery. Small shape of the balm makes it easy to apply without a mirror. Shimmer lasts longer than the color. Peppermint smell is pleasant and cooling feeling on the lips, nice in the summer. Price: cheap to moderate. Frequently on sale. Packaging: Fine for a balm. Not very fancy, but easy to apply. My preference is for skinny balms in stick form. Cons: This is a cool-toned shade and very shimmery. Probably won't work on most skin tones- I'm pale yellow olive and like this with Penny Lane blush (NARS). If you DON'T like the other, darker BBees shades and can wear cool-toned colors, Guava will at least be worth trying for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2008 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Sirius

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love burt's bee's shimmers in other colors--I guess colors that don't SHIMMER. But, "guava" is a terrible shade and hue. i can't imagine it being flattering on anybody except maybe darker natural lip colors. The shimmer makes me look like I stepped out of 1989. All I need is a big hair sprayed flip of bangs and stirrup pants and I'd fit the time period to a tee. In other words. HORRIBLE, SILVERY, SHIMMERY shade. much more silver than "guava" IMHO.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2008 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Samarachelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product has a ridiculously low rating! I LOVE this lip shimmer. The colour is gorgeous, and the trademark minty tingle is refreshing. It hydrates well and looks really pretty. =)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2008 8:50:00 PM More reviews by snow_white_suicide

Again, this is another lip shimmer i just didn't get on at all with. This is worse. If you want ultra shimmery 80's style lips, go for it.. who am i to judge? Its not my look and does less than nothing for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2008 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Cuppiecakes

I was shocked to see the low rating on this product! Last week when I walked into my hair salon, I saw my hair dresser walking towards me with this shimmery, pink, soft looking lips and I had to comment on them. She then told me that she was wearing Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Guava. As soon as my appointment was over I headed str\aight to CVS to purchase this. And I love it! It is very minty, stays on a long time, and I happen to love the color (I have fair skin and blond hair). I am taking one lippy off because my only complaint is that I think the glitter chunks are a bit too big. Regardless, I will be buying this again as soon as I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2008 10:24:00 AM More reviews by gberdber

Had to stick up for my staple item...I am ADDICTED to this....it has a really pretty pale color and the mint? refreshes my lips--I reapply throughout the day. I love the pretty color. It's something I will ALWAYS swap for!! All the shimmers are nice, but this is my fav cuz it's not too dark!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2008 5:37:00 PM More reviews by gryph

Ugh, the most terrible, tacky, frosted purple thing ever. I was deciding between this and watermelon, and went with this because it was lighter. I opened the cap and it was a horrible lilac colour! I will work with it to see if I can make it look halfway decent, so it doesn't go to waste, but a definite no on the repurchase. I gave it a 2 instead of a 1 because the texture is nice, so the lip shimmers that are a better colour will be nice. Will go back for watermelon.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2008 7:19:00 PM More reviews by hulagrrl83

Love the product, HATE the color (i thought it was light pink, but it's more lavender. looks kinda trashy

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2008 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Kaboomsy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Too pale and shimmery for me. They weren't kidding when they said this was a 'lip shimmer'! But I do keep it to layer with my darkest lipstick (almost black) to make it less severe.