Kiss My Face Olive Oil Soap

Not tested on animals

Saponified Olive Oil, Water, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid (a natural pH balance)

on 10/17/2012 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I just finished this bar of soap. I got this bar of soap from a market research company. I was hesitant to use it at first because I have been anti-bar soap for pretty much my entire life.
I started out trying it on my hands when I washed them. It definitely felt different than hand soap like a layer of something over them? filmy? While I did think it was a new odd feeling that I was not used to, it did not dry out my hands one bit. I also liked that there was not a long list of ingredients and that it was not minty or stinky. This says fragrance free but it has a slight smell that I liked.
I moved on to using this in the shower, and It worked just fine for body. Again, this feels much different that using body wash. It leaves a slimy? Idk if it was even slimy ? feeling on my skin. I guess the best way to describe it is that I could not rub my hand smoothly against my skin like body wash. I did not have any reactions and it did not dry out my skin, lotion went on top just fine, I was cleaned. There was barely any lather when used alone but I used the bar with exfoliating bath gloves and it worked up a lather on the gloves.
While I am not super amazed and going to tell everyone to go out and buy this, I am also not disappointed either. This is coming from a former bar soap hater and I actually didn't hate this! I actually finished the entire soap bar. I feel pretty neutral about it which most reviews are either love/hate, this is neither. . not sure what else to say about this :p

on 8/16/2012 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This soap is perfection. You can use it on your face, your body, even your hair. My skin is super sensitive and has been SO much happier since I dropped the harsh cleansers, toners and treatments. This soap is all natural, has only three ingredients, isn't unreasonably priced and fairly easy to get ahold of. It also leaves my skin soft, not tight and dry like chemical soaps.

It will melt if you let it stay wet all the time. I keep it outside my shower on a spiky soap dish to let it dry, and have a covered soap dish for traveling. Also, I buy the big bars and cut them into quarters so product isn't sitting out wet for too long. A quarter bar lasts me a couple of months - I bought a box of this soap in bulk, have had it over a year and have only used a few bars of it. It's more than paid for itself already.

on 7/8/2012 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I always come back to this soap to use on my body. I wanted a no-frills, fragrance-free product that would clean my skin but also not strip it of moisture. It doesn't come in a beautiful bottle, turns into mush quite easily, nor does it smell great, but it gets the job done for a very low price and my skin is pretty darn happy at the moment!

on 2/19/2012 5:48:00 PM

I'm not really a bar soap type person, but my parents love this! The bar is large sized and lasts a long while. Unlike the majority of soaps at the supermarket it's not tested on animals and does not contain petrochemicals!

on 10/27/2011 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted a more natural alternative to Cetaphil -- big mistake! I broke out in blisters and hives all over my face and neck. This product is not mild at all. If you have sensitive skin, consider yourself warned!!

on 9/20/2011 8:14:00 PM

This soap is awful! It dried my skin out do badly I had to use vaseline petroleum jelly for a week to stop the itching and flaking.

on 9/9/2011 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This soap actually cleared up my skin for a couple of months! the problem is my skin becomes immune to things and they stop working :( the only problem I had with this soap is that it became gross and filmy and it was huge, I just cut it in half and keep it in a covered soap dish and it stays fine

on 7/22/2011 4:14:00 AM

A great soap!! I have eczma and am usually starting to itch right after taking a shower. Not with this soap-after my second use I decided to wash my hair with it-it's simply amazing!! No dry skin, no dry scalp and left my hair soft (not too) just right and shinny .No need to use a conditioner either. I love this soap .I have switched from Philosophy's purity to this and -saving a lot of money. I also like the fact there are no synthetic ingredients. This is basiclly why I went back to using soap - didn't want all the parabans, SLS, colorings, fragrances, doesn't test on animals. This is important to me. Its made in Greece. I purchased this along with Olivella at -will compare the 2 when I've tried the Olivella. KMF comes in a number of scents. I ordered the fragrance free. It's not in a pretty package and it's not a pleasing bar of soap to look at -but oh, what it does to your skin!! I can't believe it took me so long to find this product.
UPDATE: I''ve tried the Olivella soap-. I agree with what others say about the scent- it's woodsy- but it's more moisturizing. Leaves my skin soft and pores much smaller I gave Olivella 5 lippys, reduced KMY to 4. I thnk the Olivella is a milder soap then the KMF. Olivella only has 3 ingredents saponfied virgin olive oil, water, glycerin. This is a boon to my skin.I see now that VitaCost has the best price at about $1.50 a bar where I paid $3.50 at I will purchase Olivella again. Oh, it's made in Italy.

on 4/14/2011 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Good if you need/want a pure olive oil bar of soap, I found this bar to be pretty big, doesn't smell that great and doesn't lather real well (though, what do you expect from olive oil?) I would probably not buy this again, unless of course, I could think of a reason why I need it. There are just too many yummy smelling soaps out there that work way better. :\

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

In an attempt to find a a moisturising, non-irritating soap for the shower I was directed to pure olive oil soap, so I went to the store and found the Kiss My Face kind, a company I'm fairly comfortable with. My first problem was that the bar was HUGE and since it's so hard it's very difficult to cut. I had to heat a knife up before I could get a chunk off. That wasn't a really big issue for me, but it would be nice if the soap came in three seperate pieces or something similar.

When it came time to actually use it I found that it had a subtle, light lather and the waxy smell that reminds me of crayons wasn't really apparent. I would have just rubbed it right on my skin, but the bar is too hard and the chunk I cut off wasn't smooth at all. I rubbed it on to a wash cloth and there was a green smear at first instead of lather, but it came off after I scrubbed down. I do find that the bar gets mushy quickly, but I made sure it wasn't sitting in water and it dries out alright. However, I was a little disappointed as the soap seems to be somewhat moisture stripping. My skin feels very tight until I dry off and I'm not fond of the feeling at all. I'm worried it's going to be a bad choice for the dry winter, so I'm looking for an alternative instead.

Price: $5 CAN

PROS- simple & natural, non-irritating, good value
CONS- very hard bar, giant bar that's hard to cut, not very appealing smell, leaves skin uncomfortably clean while in shower