April 23, 2014 | 1118 users online

Cleansers - Lancome - Galatee Confort

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by PrettyInPlaidChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've used different Lancome cleansers and their variants as PM cleansers for close on 20 years, with no irritations nor issues. Periodically, I'll try alternative products, however, time and time again, I always find myself returning to Galatee Confort, in particular. It's gentle and effective (scent aside), as a cleanser, and I certainly don't use this product as an eye make-up remover, nor apply it anywhere near my delicate eye area. Non-drying and non irritating. I follow it with a gentle toner. I've also found that I need to use less night treatment after I use this cleanser. Adore the pump packaging, too!.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2010 4:56:00 PM More reviews by palomaeyre

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me prefix this review by saying I have 'rhino skin'. I can use any product and have never, ever had a reaction to anything before in my life - in my teens I'd use nail polish remover if I'd run out of Clearasil..... on my FACE!!!!
I thought I'd treat myself to this cleanser as my mum used to use Lancome products and she always smelled and looked beautiful when she kissed me goodnight. Also this cleanser is supposedly gentle and even though my skin is teflon tough I don't see that as a reason to constantly test it with harsh products.
As I remembered, the smell and packaging were lovely. However, if I got this product even remotely near my eyes - and yes I know it isn't an eye make up remover and I wasn't using it as such - it would start to smart after a couple of minutes. After another minute it would sting and after another minute it was absolutely burning me alive and sent me running for the kitchen sink to douse it in water. I've had a look at the list of ingredients and can't see anything that I haven't used before which makes me think it must be the perfume even thought the scent wasn't that strong.
All my bf could say was "I thought you said that stuff was good?!?"

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by kathrynb23

I dont use this regularly, only because I dont like the feeling it leaves on my face and the price tag it came with.
I only use this everytime I run out of the Biore cleanser. I like this, it leaves my skin feeling hydrated after use, the only thing I dont like about it is it leaves like a film on my face that always make me feel my faces isn't clean. This is a very gentle cleanser, smell really subtle and nice, if this wasn't too expensive I think I would alternate between this and my Biore cleanser. I cant remember how much this is in Australia, I only repurchase my Lancome products when there are gift set specials going on.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2010 2:26:00 PM More reviews by gboneske

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I always come back to this. I have tried Cetaphil, Purity, MAC wipes, etc. And this is the only thing that keeps my sensitive skin soft and doesn't dry it out.

--It is not a makeup remover. Use a separate MU remover to get the best results with this. It is meant to be a gentle cleanser after you have removed the bulk of your make up. Clinique TTDO balm or the Lancome Bi-Facil work great for removing eye makeup and heavy foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by pomplemousse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I remove my eye makeup first with Effacil, then use this all over. It's really good, and just like the name says, it's very comforting.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by 678Julie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this cleanser for 3-4 years now and really enjoy the way leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated. I use this cleanser sometimes in the morning and always at night. I gave it a 4 rating only becuase it is not the best at removing eye make up. Other than that, this product is great and consistent. It does not break me out and the smell is nice.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2010 9:47:00 PM More reviews by ljamison

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for a couple of weeks. It feels very luxurious and leaves skin not feeling dry, however, it doesn't do a good job at removing makeup. After using this product and then using a toner, you can see lots of makeup coming off on the cotton round. I have begun using a hand foaming cleaner to quickly remove the makeup and then using this product to keep my skin from drying out. I have put some in another container to keep in the shower. It's great to use in the shower when you don't have makeup on to remove.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2010 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Annabellp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is an AMAZING cleanser! One day, I put on a crap load of foundation on and it felt really uncomfortable. So I had to remove it, but none of the cleansers I have are meant to remove make-up except this one. I tried it out, and was kinda disappointed because all it did was kinda...spread my foundation around. I had to get a cotton pad and wipe off all of it with a little bit of vasaline/make-up remover and cleanse my face again. I gave it 5 lippies because after I was done cleansing, I felt my face and it was SO softt! So it's not awesome for removing make-up (or should I say FOUNDATION), but I really like it for getting deep into your pores and removing excess oil and bacteria and stuff. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 10:54:00 PM More reviews by sandyriles

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I do love this cleanser. I had previously used Philosophy's Purity made simple cause I use a Clarisonic for cleansing and need a non-foaming cleanser. Purity leaves me a little to dry and stinks to high heaven like some sort of solvent. I love Lancome's skin care line & decided to try this as it is also non-foaming. It's a gentle milky cleanser that works beautifully with my Clarisonic brush. It only takes one pump and I apply directly to my face then use the brush. I feel super clean but not dried out. The smell is absolute heaven. I look forward to washing my face because of the gentle comforting smell and the soft feel. I think it would be great for: mature skin, dry skin, and any skin in the wintertime when the weather is harsh. It is expensive but it youove it, as I do, purchase the largest size and you will save money. I would repurchase at any cost, I love this so so much!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2009 11:33:00 AM More reviews by eleonoraditoledo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I liked this b/c it felt moisturizing to use especially in winter. But after using it everyday consecutively for a week, i've noticed that it only smears my eye make-up around and i've gotten a number of clogged pores on my forehead and temples. The ingredients include mineral oil, which clogs pores. This cleanser deserves ZERO lippies, not the one that I was forced to choose here as the lowest rating.