April 19, 2014 | 1086 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by casey612

I have been using this product for about 4 years and I will never switch again! It goes on very light, but gives me medium to full coverage depending on how many layers I put on. I get a lot of breakouts so I need something to cover, but not suffocate my skin. This product is a cheap solution to my problem! I would recommend this product to anyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by kikiann88

Bought years ago and stopped using as i decided didn't not need as much coverage, skin had gradually got worse and started using again.

Lovely product with nice coverage and lasts a long time, although brush isn't very productive and some can feel rough against skin and hold more product in some sides than others leaving more of a job to buff in.

Matching the colour can also be tricky, ensure to go out and check in proper sun light :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by louisahm26

I really enjoyed using this. It gave me nice, natural coverage that I could build up if I wanted to, it didn't break me out and it's pretty inexpensive. The only downside is the packaging, it's good how the powder is covered so it isn't a complete mess but the brush is pretty scratchy so I prefer to use my own.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Kcstings

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with earlier post: this is great coverage, just the right amount of mineral glow. I am going to Dollar Store today for a container and re-potting mine today, cause then it will be perfect!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by sabbywabby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for cheap mineral makeup, this product is for you! I used to use this when i go to school and it lasts all day (from 7am-3pm). What made me give it up is the packaging which is very inconvenient. I prefer a pressed powder foundation which i can just toss around in my bag and not a very bulky product like this one. Plus i heard that this mineral makeup has alot of fillers in it which defeats the purpose of it being all natural. But judging on how it looks on my face, it is a very good product. Lasts long and covers very well. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I can't believe this has a 3.5 rating! It deserves more! I literally cannot describe how wonderful this mineral foundation is! It's a lightweight powder, the brush it comes with is perfect for applying it smoothly and it has amazing coverage. Take it from me, I have loads of imperfections on my face! No matter how many other mineral products I try, I always come back to this. I have combination skin too, and I haven't had a problem with it. It also feels better on my skin than liquid foundation. It's a must have!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by amysweeps82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Amazing. This has been my daily foundation for about 6 years now, & is still my favorite after having tried AT LEAST thirty others (seriously) since I found it. It's quick & easy to apply, & it provides buildable coverage. The color assortment is impressive, & I can find a match no matter what time of year it is and/or whether I'm using self-tanner or not. I prefer completely full, Barbie-perfect flawless coverage & this provides it. If you don't like that look, you could apply less & this product would definitely give you a more natural look. I will warn that it does settle look a bit powdery & cakey if you don't use a good intensive moisturizer underneath. You CAN feel this makeup on your skin, so if that's something that bothers you, then this isn't for you. Another con is that it is very messy to apply & ends up leaving a fine coat of orange dust all over my vanity & everything on it. You have to be careful when you hug people, because it DOES transfer & I've left quite a few smudges on other people's clothing... & faces. Lol. The most important thing to recognize is that this makeup looks pretty as soon as you put it on, & only gets BETTER throughout the day as it wears off a bit. It is long-lasting. All of that having been said, this makeup looks amazing, lasts all day & takes no effort to apply. For those three points, I will deal with the cons!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by JessicaJanee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Light- medium skinned Asian. I also have acne-prone and very oily skin. Since the weather is starting to warm up I wanted to stop using heavy liquid foundations (Revlon Colorstay) and try a light mineral foundation. I've had experiences with mineral foundations before and there were nothing memorable, I've tried Bare Minerals but the coverage just wasn't enough for me along with the high price.

Did some research and came across this one. Finding my color match for this product was a pain. The colors are categorized into: warm, neutral and cool tones with 4-5 shades in each. I selected from the warm category and there were 4 shades: light ivory, nude beige, natural beige and sun beige. The product looks dark in the container but read in other reviews that it looks lighter when applied. I selected nude beige (I wear the color sand beige in Revlon Colorstay), right after I purchased I opened it right away and applied a bit on my wrist to checkout the color. The container has a small opening with a twist off cap with brush attached. I didn't care for the brush because I was planning to use my own. Second thing I noticed was how messy it was, a lot of the powder got all over the place.

The next morning I washed my face, applied moisturizer and put on the foundation using my kabuki brush in a circular motion. The coverage was great and I loved how light it felt. The lighting in my bathroom made the color look a little dark on my face but that was not the case, when I saw my face outside I was horrified to see how dark it actually was. I went back and got the lightest shade: light ivory with apprehension thinking it might be too light. The color was good, but I wished there were more colors between the lightest and second lightest. The color difference is very dramatic. I really wanted to love this foundation but for oily skinned ladies this isn't going to work. In about an hour after application my t-zone was already really shiny. Sure, I can just touch it up but doing it every other hour is just not worth it. :/ This product would be perfect for normal skinned girls.

pros
-great coverage
-feels light
-looks very natural
-made my skin look smooth
-easy to apply

cons
-messy
-does nothing for oil control
-wears off
-package could be much better
-could have better colors (especially for the warm tones)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by AnnaBanana84

Started using this last summer while tanning all the time and just didn't want a heavy foundation each day, this was great. Gives pretty good coverage, not as smooth or perfect looking as a cake foundation but still a good product. Good price point and lasts a long time unlike having to buy a new pan of cake foundation every 6 weeks. Looks somewhat bare towards end of day, need re-application more often than my MAC studio tech pan makeup but a good "in between" makeup when your not using a heavier foundation. I've purchased it twice.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by frugal2

I've been using this now for 2 days so I can't tell if it is improving my skin. It has good coverage with a very matte finish. I am REALLY hoping that over the next few weeks that it improves my skin. The only other mineral powder foundation that I have ever used is Fresh Minerals purchased at Costco years ago. It was a very inexpensive starter kit and it really made a difference in my skin. So, i can only compare this to Fresh Minerals.

I was hoping that this L'Oreal product would have a slight sheen, kind of a glowiness like the fresh minerals did, but this is totally matte.

The brush is really low quality, so I would prefer that it came in smaller packaging without the brush, and at a lower cost. But, the brush does work if you don't already have one.

My skin tone is light-medium warm (I am of Korean heritage) so i purchased LIght Ivory (warm 1-2), but i think i could have purchased W3. the Light Ivory matches the lighter tones of my skin, but if i use it everywhere, it makes my whole face a bit paler than i like. This is what happens, right? because nobody's face is all one shade!