December 20, 2014 | 1600 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Pure White Linen

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2010 4:26:00 AM More reviews by berna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This one could be the most boring fragrances on the world. It reminds me of heavy and artificial fragrances of 80's.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by bombshellbetsy

(I talk about this frag so much I figured it's time for an actual review!) This is the fragrance that brought me back to Lauder. In my silly little mind, I thought of Lauder as boring and frumpy. I don't even remember what made me pick up the bottle but the second I sniffed the strip I was smacked (in the most pleasant way) with the image of windows flung open heralding a classic Spring Clean. The top notes are a lovely blend of citrus and berries that fade gradually and reveal a fresh musk with beautiful florals. I'm picky about my white florals. That bad breathy jasmine thing is not for me, and it is nowhere in PWL. Truly, I can't think of a better perfume for Spring. Nothing about PWL is harsh or quick. It's all very soft and gradual, like satiny 400 thread count egyptian cotton sheets. I like it for day. Totally office appropriate. It is sunny (although never a harsh direct sunlight) and breezy. Truly a comfort scent. If the original White Linen is too sharp for you, but you still like the idea, give Pure White Linen a try. It smiles at you, whereas White Linen smiles at you and then slaps you in the face and laughs (this is not negative, just not for everyone.) Pure White Linen is greater than the sum of it's deceptively simple parts. Highly recommend. (Plus, you can't beat the price for this level of quality.)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Baiju

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My faviroate scent. Wish the bottle is not that bulky.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by covenant

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I agree with other reviewers description of airy and quietly elegant. This is a fairly classic-and classy-type of scent. It does remind me (as others have said) of Ralph Lauren's Lauren a bit. Not as strong, but there is a similarity. As with most EL fragrances, this has wonderful lasting power. My dh can still smell it late in the day, when I sprayed it on in the morning. A wonderful springtime scent. I do not think it smells like a fruity-floral as described. I would describe as a light, clean floral, but with tenacity.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2009 1:54:00 AM More reviews by magicalmoongoddess

The phrase 'understated elegance' springs to mind whenever I wear this fragrance. It smells very crisp, clean and elegant and the type of fragrance that is perfect for work or a job interview. It has a very airy and classy feel to it and it's one that I don't think anyone could find offensive.

I would describe this as being an 'airy' floral with a very slight citrus opening that dries down to being a light, crisp and slightly green floral fragrance. It lasts quite well but becomes subtle, but still noticeable.

Although I really quite like it, I'm not sure that I would re-purchase it, as I would probably move on to try something else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by sherrie09

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Updating my review since I purchased: Still love. I agree that it's reminscent of the original Lauren in the red cube bottle, although this is softer and fuzzier than that one, which was a bit sharper. Their crisp fruity/floral aspect is similar. Pure White Linen is crisp fruity/floral/woodsy. It has an uplifting effect, and it's just pretty. It's the kind of scent that you could wear to work in an office or to teach school, to wear to church, to go to lunch with girlfriends or on a casual date...anywhere really, and not grow tired of its fresh-scrubbed, sunny, airy prettiness. I've been getting a lot of wear out of this over the summer, as I knew I would. It's just one I tend to reach for and enjoy. DH is "meh" about it (but he's "meh" about most), but it gets compliments from other women. It has great longevity, I find, but it's soft, wafting up from my shirt now and then, and it smells so nice! Not sure about repurchasing here either, as there are so many to explore and I usually don't buy the same fragrance twice. But in lieu of further disappointing releases, who knows! I may snap one up again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 6:13:00 PM More reviews by pertiegurlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pure White Linen is good for a bright day when you wake up feeling good about yourself, & good about the world (just don't pick up the newspaper).
It's fresh, it's clean-smelling, it has a nice floral touch. The imagery I get from spritzing on this perfume (I ALWAYS get imagery with perfumes, bad habit) is a person walking down a city street on a crisp morning, dressed for a job interview. As she waits for the crossing sign for pedestrians to flash, a waft from a nearby flowershop hits her. Just for a moment. Then the signal flashes go, and she's on her way again.
Sorry, I know, bizarre, forgive me. Anyway, this perfume is very job interview-appropriate (non-offensive, professional), but it has that hint of beauty that keeps it from being bland. And it smells like a brisk breezy morning in November. No nonsense, fresh & lovely, well-blended.
(So well-blended that I'm in awe of the reviewers who were able to single out the various notes...congrats & a gold star!)
P.S. I think you'll agree, the bottle's really perfect, aesthetically, for this fragrance.
P.P.S. I thought nobody would dislike this, but apparently, there are some people who think it sucks...well all I can say is, it's useful to have in your fragrance wardrobe...like I said, for a job interview, maybe for a cruise trip? It's not girly, it's just pleasant & airy. It's the scent nobody would mind if you were crammed in a crowded elevator with them...in fact it might ease their claustrophobia.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2009 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Shayron

I enjoyed this citrus floral scent from the Fragrance Treasures collection. It was nice while it lasted but now that the bottle is empty I'm not too disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by AutumnShadow15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pure white linen, for me, is just seems to be a generic cool/floral scent. It has a light crip smell which has quite good staying power. I like it but there is nothing special or unique enough about it to merit repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2008 9:38:00 PM More reviews by chamade

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Reminds me of Lauren. Pure White Linen has nothing to do with the original White Linen (beside the name). It is a lovely dry scent that lasts all day.