Clinique Butter Shine Lipstick - Baby Baby

4.2

Pentaerythrityl adipate/caprate/caprylate/heptanoate, octyldodecanol, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, hydrogenated dilinoleyl alcohol, polyethylene, stearoxy dimethicone, silica, polybutene, microcrystalline wax, barium sulfate, shea butter, purified water, theobroma grandiflorum seed butter, tocopheryl acetate, lauryl pca, hydroxyethylcellulose, oleic acid, c20-40 pareth-10, ethylhexylglycerin, triethoxycaprylylsilane, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, polyethylene terephthalate, acrylates copolymer, calcium sodium borosilicate, bht. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, red 7 lake, yellow 5 lake, carmine, red 6, red 22 lake, red 30 lake, yellow 6 lake, blue 1 lake, red 28 lake, red 33 lake.

on 3/27/2007 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

i found this gem while i was helping a friend with clothes shopping. i was sucked in by the spring display, but quickly fell in love with the shade of Baby Baby. Once the SA applied it to my lips, i knew i had to have it. While it is nearly the same shade as my lips, it's got a beautiful glow to it and makes my lips very soft and smooth. i love the color and the formula of the buttershines. i'd definitely recommend!

on 3/17/2007 5:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Baby Baby is a nude pink that is perfect if you want a very natural look with some shine. There's nothing wrong with this color but, on me, Baby Baby is exactly the same color as my lips and I was looking for something with a bit more color so I will exchange it for Pink Toffee. I love the Colour Surge Butter Shine moisturizing texture, though! Just can't beat it!

on 3/16/2007 11:08:00 AM

I have nothing but pure love for this product! I own several butter shines and like all of them (love the butter shine formula) but there is something about this color in particular that is just perfect for me. It's totally a MLBB. A soft, gorgeous, pinky-nude-with hints of violet that is just beautiful. Perfectly suited to my fair skin. Very, very, very highly recommended!

on 3/8/2007 3:23:00 PM

Baby Baby is my latest Butter Shine l/s. It's a lovely shade, especially for a pale blonde like myself. Baby Baby is a soft baby pink shade, very shimmery but still natural, definitely not over the top. The shade is not Baby Pink the Barbie-style. It has a hint of gold in it. I agree with other reviewers, it's a YLBB lippie. It's really a gorgeous shade, I am so glad other MUA members recommended me this "gem" to me.

I have several Butter Shine l/s since before, they are really amazing. I am usually a l/g girl but I love the Butter Shines! The texture is fantastic. They are not drying like most l/s, they are very moisturizing, almost like a lip balm. Great lasting power. I like the nice packaging.

I'd definitely repurchase. I hope this isn't LE. Now Baby Baby is one of my fave Butter Shines (along with DeLovely, which I also love). I'll definitely try more Butter Shines.

continued >>

on 2/24/2007 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love everything about this lipstick... the shade is gorgeous, the texture and the fact that it's so moisturizing. I think the name is well suited, it's a soft baby pink shade with a little shimmer. Clinique Butter shines are a great quality lipstick in general and this shade is one of my favourites! :)

on 11/3/2006 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love the butters, but this is my current favorite color. I'm LLL/MMM about this time of year with lite-med plummy lips and this is definitely a YLBB color for me. Agree it's a sheer rose with soft pink/gold in it. The perfect soft, baby pink while keepin' it real and not looking like barbie. Glides on like silk, lasts a good amount of time, wears off perfectly and looks completely natural. Just a great lippie!

on 7/15/2006 2:52:00 PM

I love this lipstick, and I usually prefer gloss. It's the perfect shade of light pink for me, very YLBB. I'm NW15-20 and this color is light without washing me out. The texture is sheer and a little glossy. I had originally gone to the Clinique counter for mascara and Black Honey Almost l/s, so finding Baby Baby was a great bonus. New HG, hope they don't discontinue this!

on 5/19/2006 6:26:00 PM

well as the colour has been described so perfectly below i'll just say the texture is amazing, glossy and moisturising and very easy to wear. i don't usually wear 'lipsticks' but this is so light and sheer i made an exception. my only gripe is that if i get a bit heavyhanded the gold looks a bit odd on me (i have a very pale 'english rose' complexion) but that's avoidable.
oh, and the packaging is beautiful!

on 5/16/2006 12:51:00 PM

Last week, my local Clinique counter only got one of the new shades in, and it was Baby Baby. I had to have it right away ... I intended on buying 2 (one as a bday gift for my friend) but the MA told me there was only one left! So I picked another buttershine shade for her and kept the Baby Baby for myself. It is a really nice light neutral shade, a pinkish-nude with the slightest hint of warm shimmer (nice and not frosty). I'm an Asian NC25 w/ brown hair and espresso coloured eyes, and I can't wear warm shades ... and luckily, Baby Baby is just neutral enough that I can pull it off. I can see myself reaching for this on days when I need a light neutral lippie. This was what I wanted Delovely to be, because it is lighter, pinker, and doesn't turn orangey brown on me. It also kind of reminds me of Stila Ariel High Shine, but w/ a tad more pink. I really like Baby Baby, and hope it isn't LE!

on 5/8/2006 8:01:00 PM

I agree wholeheartedly with ALICE. She described the shade very well. For reference I am VERY pale/fair, blonde hair, blue eyes...always burn/never tan. This will be a great summer shade for me.

Popular Lipsticks