April 20, 2014 | 1601 users online

Eyeliner - Annabelle - Smoothliners

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2010 5:32:00 PM More reviews by calixa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Annabelle is my favourite brand for eyeliners. Their basic kohl liners (which are usually only about $3) have good pigmentation and smooth application but are not long lasting, unfortunately. Even so, that's really good value for what you're paying if you don't mind reapplying. Their Smoothliners, however, are AMAZING. These things are sooooo pigmented, true to color, and go on super smooth. Plus they last and last and last. They're definitely waterproof and on someone with non-oily lids I'd say they'd probably last 10+ hours. My lids aren't too oily and on me these just keep going all day long. I got two new ones today, Gunmetal and Bronze. My only gripe is that this isn't smudge-proof. They do get blunt pretty quickly from use because they're so creamy, so you have to sharpen often if you want a perfectly crisp line. But the bright side is they sharpen sooooo easily, better than any pencil I've ever had. I'm not sure if its because I bought a sharpener from Annabelle that is meant to be used with their own products. The color selection is not great, either, there's only about 6 shades altogether but I really only use brown/grey liners so it doesn't matter that much to me personally. Still, it's $5 and you can't go wrong picking up some of these.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by xogingerox

pretty decent product
glides on very well. almost too well for my taste. i dont kno. it def does not tug on ur eyes, but i just don't like how VERY smooth it is *lol i kno, im being slightly unreasonable*
mmm, also wish that this was a twisty stick instead of having to sharpen it. but im just lazy
other than those two things, this eyeliner does work very well. it lives up to what it says it will (is waterproof and glides on easily) would re-purchase, espcially when its not even that expensive

oh. also like it cuz annabelle is a canadian brand. yay ca-na-da

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by rlaw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great eyeliners, very smooth - no tugging. Would definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by threekit

This is the only eyeliner I feel comfortable enough to use on my lower waterline. It does smudge a bit, but dusting with a little eyeshadow or powder seems to help somewhat. I have continuously repurchased Smoothliners since they are inexpensive (can get for $3.99CAD on sale at SDM) and seem to do the job well. Like others have said, it does have to be sharpened frequently, but I don't mind at all... sometimes with a dull end it can be used for a smokey look. I buy multiples so I can keep them everywhere -- my purse, at home, my makeup bag, etc.!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by littlemissorangepenguin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Grrr when I tightline with this I get total raccoon eyes but when I just line my upper lash line with it I loove it! So pigmented and it just glides onto my lids with no tugging whatsoever. It sucks that it gets blunt so fast though but oh well.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by msCullen8685

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

very nice. this is waterproof and it lasts a long time...my only gripe is the packaging..i prefer the twisty kind, and when i sharpened this it smudged everywhere but i don't really care. in my opinion annabelle is the best maker of drugstore eyeliners i've tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2009 5:24:00 AM More reviews by xujoanna

First off, I'm impressed. I purchased these Smoothliners in 3 shades [Bronze, Blue (Meteorite?), Green (Jade?)] because I was pretty impressed with my purchase of the blue shade. These liners ARE waterproof (I've done experiments heh) but not smudge proof (hence the 4/5). The color delivery is really nice and the sparkles in the more metallic shades make eyes pop. They're perfect for lining the lower lashline so that your eyes look playful and awake. <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2009 2:50:00 PM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ahh.. my favourite underrated drugstore brand is Annabelle! Smoothliners are yet another nice product. These are great liners for the price I always pick up one or two when I spot a sale. I am especially fond of Brownie a deep, rich, and dark brown. They have great staying power on me. They glide on smoothly, living up to their name. All of the shades I have tried are very well-pigmented. In the future, I plan to stick with buying these over high-end brand eyeliners, and I suggest you do the same. Or at the very least, just give one of these a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Sumshine88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So..I think i just wrote a review for this under something else-- hmm..which one is the REAL one...haha
My bad :|
Anyway, I love these SO much.
I had always used annabelle liners (the normal ones) but when I branched out, I was so happy to have taken the plunge.
They are my fave drugstore liner, or liner period, really. Pigmented, blendable, sets fairly quickly-- minimum leakage, oh-- and CHEAP! Wahoo!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by UndeadSuburbia

This has to be my favourite liner ever! As a huge fan of black liner for many years, this has to be the darkest one I've tried. Goes on so smooth. This is the only one I will buy. :)