Annabelle Smoothliners

4.5

BLACK/NOIR; BRONZE; BROWNIE/BRUN; GUNMETAL; JADE; METEORITE CYCLOPENTASILOXANE C11-12 ISOPARAFFIN PARAFFIN POLYBUTENE SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL HYDROGENATED COTTONSEED OIL CERESIN OZOKERITE CERA MICROCRISTALLINA/MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX/CIRE MICROCRISTALLINE TOCOPHEROL ASCORBYL PALMITATE PHENOXYETHANOL MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR: IRON OXIDES MICA TITANIUM DIOXIDE ULTRAMARINES FERRIC FERROCYANIDE METAL DAZE CYCLOPENTASILOXANE C11-12 ISOPARAFFIN PARAFFIN POLYBUTENE CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL HYDROGENATED COTTONSEED OIL SILICA CERESIN OZOKERITE CERA MICROCRISTALLINA/MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX/CIRE MICROCRISTALLINE TOCOPHEROL TIN OXIDE ASCORBYL PALMITATE CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE PHENOXYETHANOL MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR: IRON OXIDES TITANIUM DIOXIDE FERRIC FERROCYANIDE MICA

on 6/10/2010 2:47:00 PM

I really like this eye liner! its super smooth and color is well pigmented and rich. One of my HG's eye liner

on 5/4/2010 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This is a very basic eyeliner. When applied, it's somewhat of a faint black line, however, it doesn't work very well on the waterline, regardless of the fact that it's waterproof. It does smudge even though I set it with black eyeshadow but it's perfect for smudging (using my 3 step technique for a dark smokey eyeliner look). I have found that with a lot of eyeliners, whenever I sharpen waterproof eyeliners (specifically) it tends to stay rounded at the point instead of the whole pencil actually getting a precise tip. Overall, it's very decent, something you wouldn't wear alone but as a base for liquid liners, eyeshadows, etc. Very cheap, could easily repurchase on a sale. Still looking for that perfect pencil liner.

pros: smooth texture, doesn't pull, cheap, waterproof
cons: not a lot of colors

these are my favorite eyeliners. my sister uses the UD 24/7 liners and they are nice but these work 90% as well for 1/3 the price. i wish they came in more colors but i like the brown and use it the most often. these go one sale for about 3 bucks which is when i stock up. they stay creamy, are easy to sharpen, go one smooth, don't tug the eye, and they stay all day (over udpp and shadow). i hope they NEVER discontinue these, if they do i will be at every drugstore in the city buying them all.

on 3/13/2010 5:32:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Annabelle is my favourite brand for eyeliners. Their basic kohl liners (which are usually only about $3) have good pigmentation and smooth application but are not long lasting, unfortunately. Even so, that's really good value for what you're paying if you don't mind reapplying. Their Smoothliners, however, are AMAZING. These things are sooooo pigmented, true to color, and go on super smooth. Plus they last and last and last. They're definitely waterproof and on someone with non-oily lids I'd say they'd probably last 10+ hours. My lids aren't too oily and on me these just keep going all day long. I got two new ones today, Gunmetal and Bronze. My only gripe is that this isn't smudge-proof. They do get blunt pretty quickly from use because they're so creamy, so you have to sharpen often if you want a perfectly crisp line. But the bright side is they sharpen sooooo easily, better than any pencil I've ever had. I'm not sure if its because I bought a sharpener from Annabelle that is meant to be used with their own products. The color selection is not great, either, there's only about 6 shades altogether but I really only use brown/grey liners so it doesn't matter that much to me personally. Still, it's $5 and you can't go wrong picking up some of these.

on 3/3/2010 6:54:00 PM

pretty decent product
glides on very well. almost too well for my taste. i dont kno. it def does not tug on ur eyes, but i just don't like how VERY smooth it is *lol i kno, im being slightly unreasonable*
mmm, also wish that this was a twisty stick instead of having to sharpen it. but im just lazy
other than those two things, this eyeliner does work very well. it lives up to what it says it will (is waterproof and glides on easily) would re-purchase, espcially when its not even that expensive

oh. also like it cuz annabelle is a canadian brand. yay ca-na-da

on 1/26/2010 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Great eyeliners, very smooth - no tugging. Would definitely buy again.

on 12/26/2009 3:46:00 PM

This is the only eyeliner I feel comfortable enough to use on my lower waterline. It does smudge a bit, but dusting with a little eyeshadow or powder seems to help somewhat. I have continuously repurchased Smoothliners since they are inexpensive (can get for $3.99CAD on sale at SDM) and seem to do the job well. Like others have said, it does have to be sharpened frequently, but I don't mind at all... sometimes with a dull end it can be used for a smokey look. I buy multiples so I can keep them everywhere -- my purse, at home, my makeup bag, etc.!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Grrr when I tightline with this I get total raccoon eyes but when I just line my upper lash line with it I loove it! So pigmented and it just glides onto my lids with no tugging whatsoever. It sucks that it gets blunt so fast though but oh well.

on 9/23/2009 6:49:00 PM

very nice. this is waterproof and it lasts a long time...my only gripe is the packaging..i prefer the twisty kind, and when i sharpened this it smudged everywhere but i don't really care. in my opinion annabelle is the best maker of drugstore eyeliners i've tried.

on 8/13/2009 5:24:00 AM

First off, I'm impressed. I purchased these Smoothliners in 3 shades [Bronze, Blue (Meteorite?), Green (Jade?)] because I was pretty impressed with my purchase of the blue shade. These liners ARE waterproof (I've done experiments heh) but not smudge proof (hence the 4/5). The color delivery is really nice and the sparkles in the more metallic shades make eyes pop. They're perfect for lining the lower lashline so that your eyes look playful and awake. <3