Everyday Minerals Eyeshadow in Mystic Night

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

on 12/18/2007 8:22:00 PM

The website describes this as a "stunning dark midnight blue with violet sparkles"
I disagree on the blue part, to me this is much more of a purple with strong blue tones. It's gorgeous used dry as an eyeliner - a vibrant purple with shimmer. However, used wet, it is very dark, almost black and turned semi-matte. I will definitely continue to use this dry as an eyeliner and if I'm brave, on the lid or crease.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love this color. I like to describe it to people as an ink-like color. I use it wet as an eye liner on my brown eyes and it really makes them pop. I love that I don't have to tug to get a line, stays put, then washes off with ease at the end of the day. My only problem is when I began with EM at the beginning, none of the mini jars had sifters on them, so I got 10 eye shadows in a kit without sifters so i have messes everywhere and have to keep them in a separate bag.

on 11/20/2007 2:10:00 PM

I almost did not buy this. I am not a big fan of blue eye shadow. But after reading [ on MUA ] that it was more purple I added it to one of my kits. I am very happy that I did. This is a beautiful color dark violet -purple. I LOVE it! I wish EM's website gave better descriptions. Thank goodness for MUA!

on 11/4/2007 8:37:00 PM

I am not a fan of many mineral eye shadows because they tend to be overly drying for my eyes. They drip, they fade, and they do not last. This one look really exotic! After I apply it on it was like "WOW!". I can't describe how beautiful it is in many words except for that. The color is very concentrated so I don't have to dab a bucket full to get to smokey effect. Use it wet as a liquid liner and it brings out all the glory I never knew my eyes had. It's a dark slight shimmery intense plum violet color mix with a hint of blushy color. For my fair light complexion, it is a perfect match. The color stays on all day which is rare on my oily complexion. I love this shadow and it is my fav everyday liner.

on 8/16/2007 8:23:00 AM

It's a nice violet shade with a little sparkle. Quite dark. It's not my absolute favourite among EM eye shades but it's nice for a change. Works great as an eyeliner.

on 7/31/2007 11:02:00 PM

This makes the most gorgeous eyeliner in the world for someone like me who has dark brown asian eyes. Before I bought it, I saw the reviews here about making it an eyeliner and I was quite skeptical, cause I felt it was impossible for blue to look good as an eyeliner. I went along and bought it anyway and I'm so thankful that I did! I will buy this over and over and over again when I run out.

on 7/6/2007 2:31:00 PM

I bought 4 eyeshadows in a kit of theirs and this and one other one happen to be the only ones I have been pleased with thus far. The pigment in this shadow makes for nice, deep color... and isn't transparent like their other shadows!! Very nice color and blends well.

Love this shade ,I knew when I heard it was more purple than blue I would love it. Perfect on my dark eyes and a nice alternative to dark brown or black liner. Only wish I had more ''special occasions" to wear this fully as a smoky eye.

Just enough shimmer but not so much my eyes get irritated (sensitive to certain E/M micas is also a plus. Better when wet lined.

I initially bought this because it looked like a really dark blue shade on the website, but I was only a little bit disappointed when, instead, was a stunning bright, dark shimmery purple instead. (I can see why they named this Mystic Night--it does look like a Van Gogh-esque like magical sky filled with stars...) I don't wear it often, but when I do, it is usually for nighttime events as a liner &/or contour shade. It ends up looking like a smoky eye with a bright pop of color. It's a unique color for me because I prefer more muted tones on a day to day basis, but I'm glad to have this as part of my collection.

on 3/29/2007 10:37:00 PM

Mystic Night makes a gorgeous liner when wet, and an interesting alternative smokey eye look. I bought the eye shadow sampler with ten eyeshadows in small pots, and though I occasionally use Mystic Night, I KNOW I won't be running out anytime soon. A little definitely goes a long way.

Top Rated Everyday Minerals Products