April 19, 2014 | 869 users online

Eye Shadow - Physicians Formula - Matte Collection Quad Eyeshadow in Classic Nudes

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2009 7:34:00 PM More reviews by tokyorosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

PRO: These are very matte shadows, in neutral colors, so they have their uses. They're also relatively inexpensive.

CON: They are very lightly pigmented. If you are very pale skinned, these might work for you to create a very neutral eye. But if you have a medium or darker complexion, don't bother! Even with a primer (UDPP), these disappear on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Rubybreath

Wrote a similar review for the Canyon quad but I feel the need to also write one for this quad. These are completely matte and superb for blending. It's amazing how inexpensive it is as well. It's very hard to find truly matte eye shadow without shimmer or shine and with good quality. This is a true gem of a product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 1:30:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

I bought this half off at Walgreens a week ago.

PROS: smooth texture.
CONS: VERY UNPIGMENTED!!! Expensive at full price. Crappy applicator.

Save your money and get something else!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 9:27:00 AM More reviews by filmart

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

For all the sales and coupons available to me for Physicians Formula cosmetics, I kept on trying their quads, hoping that such a moderately-priced option would work. Yet, their Canyon Classics looked sickly grey on me, and this Classic Nudes collections looks orange and muddy. I own plenty of matte shadows, but they're mostly department store brands featuring more nuanced colors, with a touch more yellow, gold or bronze to enhance pale coloring like mine. The texture and blendability of PF matte e/s is very nice, but their color offerings are just not flattering on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2008 1:43:00 PM More reviews by wenkey0422

this is a perfect nude look, i love it, smooth and easy to apply.
HD~~~

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2008 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Shayron

Flesh tone neutral mattes is just what I was looking for and these eye shadows delivered all that and more with a silky smooth application. The compact has a tiny mirror and a place for the included applicator. I wasn't sure if I'd use the lightest color but they are very blendable and they don't dust up and make a mess in the compact. Absolutely no glitter and no shine! It doesn't look powdery or cakey. Covers up eyelid imperfections like darkness or small purple veins and leaves a natural look. If you want drama you won't find it here. The color lasts and doesn't crease on me. I applied once in the am and then in the pm before going out to dinner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2008 11:28:00 AM More reviews by neener563

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Finally a collection of nice matte neutral shades all in one place and all very blendable! I cannot wear the shimmer shadows any more except on my browbone due to very crepy eyelids the shimmers just don't look good on me no matter how much I love them or how much nice cream I prime my lids with. My eyelids are also droopy, genetic and age has blessed me with these hoods so I have to be careful and try to achieve a very soft look . This collection is the KEY!. The matte mineral shades I have in my EM collection do not blend near as softly and quickly as these and you can mix the colors on your brush too. A very soft look and after application I do a quick spritz with my Lumene Water spray to set the colors which wear without creasing. I love this collection of Mattes!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2008 11:43:00 PM More reviews by phan22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a good matte eyeshadow set and physicians formula was the only brand i could find that offered a set. I really like the silky texture, the color shows up well if you layer it on, and it's matte but not chalky. I haven't found the colors to be too orange. I'm light with neutral to warm undertones. I don't use the sponge applicator it comes with, and I would recommend a primer underneath for long-wear. I also got the Quartz set which I haven't tried yet, but will review once I do.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2008 4:15:00 AM More reviews by a237916

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been looking forever for a nice matte set of shadows that didn't cost a fortune and these really fit the bill.

Pros: These are really MATTE! No shimmer, not shine, just color. Texture is silky smooth and they are surprisingly blendable. I have a yellow undertone and they compliment it well. Price is very reasonable too, even for a drugstore brand. At first, I thought they were going to be extreemly sheer, but they layer well if you're looking for more color, and with no cakiness either. I have not noticed any creasing as the wears on, but I have dry skin so that's rarely a problem for me.

Cons: They tend to become a bit more sheer as the day wears on, so I use Merle Norman's Automatic Shadow primer underneath and that solves that. A light colored concealer may work just as well for you if you find it fading. There's also not as much difference between the medium and 'dark' shades in this collection as I'd like. The darkest color could be a bit deeper, in my opinion, but it still looks quite nice the way it is. Product packaging is also on the cheap side. I agree about the useless mirror someone pointed out below. They might as well just left if off altogether.

Overall, the positives significantly outweigh the negatives for this set. I'm looking forward to trying more from this series. Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 4:40:00 PM More reviews by jusch_box

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

WOW! I just bought this, and I am so glad I did! The only reason I caved was because they were 40% off at Walgreens, and I went in with the intention of picking up something Revlon, which was also on sale. Long story short Revlon's selection stunk, so I took a chance on this.

I am just blown away by the quality. I always go for drugstore bands because I'm a college student on a budget, and typically they are in the mediocre range with few exceptions. Well this is a definite exception! The shadow is so silky and the color payoff is great. These for sure trump Revlon, L'Oreal, and anything else I have tried. Great neutral but pretty browns, and a nice range within the palette, IMO. There is no very dark shade, but that's not what I wanted anyway. You get a great cream highlighter, 2 mediums, of which one is a bit warmer, and one other tan that is a shade somewhere between light and medium. I know that's a terrible description, so check it out for yourself! A really great buy.