October 20, 2014 | 1490 users online

Eye Shadow - Physicians Formula - Matte Collection Quad Eyeshadow in Classic Nudes

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by prettinpinc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this quad - the colors are matte, well coordinated, and they last all day (I do not have oily eyelids - I don't know if this would be true for those who struggle with oily eyelids). I generally use the lightest brown shade the most - it's perfect for looking understated, yet also dramatically changing the whole look of my eyes - subtle yet powerful. Sometimes I use the other colors on my brows and the lightest color is a good highlighter. I will actually repurchase this eyeshadow - something I never do!

Btw - I've got blue eyes and pale skin. These browns make my blue eyes really stand out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2010 10:46:00 AM More reviews by jdruler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It is so hard to find a good set of matte eyeshadows. The best set of matte neutrals I have yet to find is Cargo's Essential's palette but I was hoping to find a cheaper equivilent but my search continues.

I bought this set hoping to make it like an everyday matte neutral eyeshadow look.

The shadows themselves are good, they are pigmented just fine, and the colors are pretty good too. The only qualm I have is the color combination. The browns are a bit too similar for me. Sure they look different in packaging, but on the eye when you put them in your crease, the difference is very subtle, in my opinion. I wish there was another lighter color (for the eyelid?) and I wish the darker shade was dark enough to be used as a brown eyeliner.

Currently I just lightest shade for both lid and brow bone area and whatever darker shade I feel like using in my crease and the darkest in the outer corner. It serves its purpose and as I said before, the colors and quality of the shadow are great.

In any case, I still gave it 4 lippies because it's difficult as it is to even find a good neutral truly matte quad (or any matte eyeshadow for that matter). I just hope they consider their color scheme in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2010 11:03:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I hadn't worn matte shadows for years, but after reading positive reviews from so many MUA'ers of my age (45-plus) I decided this was worth a try. Originally planned to get Canyon Classics quad, but two of the colors in that one looked exactly the same. This one had more variety: cream, beige, a camel tan and a pinky-beige shade.

You know how in most quads, there are two colors that you use all the time and two (usually really light and really dark) that you rarely use? In this one, you will use all the colors all the time.

These shadows are truly matte, finely milled and deposit a lot of color. They blend well and look very natural. This would be a good quad for a business trip or other situation where you need non-dramatic shadow. The colors are suitable for any work environment, no matter how conservative. The trim, square case fits neatly in my makeup drawers. Even the sponge applicator isn't that bad in a pinch.

My only complaint is it would be nice if there were ONE deeper shade (not eyeliner dark, just medium dark) in the quad for a bit more variety. The two "camel" tones are too similar.

This is not an earth-shattering quad that will make your heart pound with glee when you apply the colors - but it is a good little workhorse and for under $6 at Kmart, you can't beat the price.

EDIT: 6 months after buying I've noticed this is THE quad I pull out again and again in the mornings. The colors also have impressive staying power -- as good as my higher end shadows. This may not be "sexy" but it's definitely "go-to."

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 1:13:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been searching forever for matte shadows. I purchased Canyon Classics and the Classic Nudes on sale at drugstore.com. Of the two, Classic Nudes was worse than Canyon Classics and I found that one pretty bad too.

The Nudes are warm shades. The lighter shades looked plain awful with my skin tone. The other two shades were just as bad. The lighter brown looked orange and the darkest shade looked like I had applied mud to my eyes. Blending the product was not easy ~ it's hard to blend orange and mud brown together with much success. This purchase is going back to the store. I will not buy this product again...

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2009 7:34:00 PM More reviews by tokyorosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

PRO: These are very matte shadows, in neutral colors, so they have their uses. They're also relatively inexpensive.

CON: They are very lightly pigmented. If you are very pale skinned, these might work for you to create a very neutral eye. But if you have a medium or darker complexion, don't bother! Even with a primer (UDPP), these disappear on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Rubybreath

Wrote a similar review for the Canyon quad but I feel the need to also write one for this quad. These are completely matte and superb for blending. It's amazing how inexpensive it is as well. It's very hard to find truly matte eye shadow without shimmer or shine and with good quality. This is a true gem of a product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 1:30:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

I bought this half off at Walgreens a week ago.

PROS: smooth texture.
CONS: VERY UNPIGMENTED!!! Expensive at full price. Crappy applicator.

Save your money and get something else!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 9:27:00 AM More reviews by filmart

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

For all the sales and coupons available to me for Physicians Formula cosmetics, I kept on trying their quads, hoping that such a moderately-priced option would work. Yet, their Canyon Classics looked sickly grey on me, and this Classic Nudes collections looks orange and muddy. I own plenty of matte shadows, but they're mostly department store brands featuring more nuanced colors, with a touch more yellow, gold or bronze to enhance pale coloring like mine. The texture and blendability of PF matte e/s is very nice, but their color offerings are just not flattering on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2008 1:43:00 PM More reviews by wenkey0422

this is a perfect nude look, i love it, smooth and easy to apply.
HD~~~

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2008 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Shayron

Flesh tone neutral mattes is just what I was looking for and these eye shadows delivered all that and more with a silky smooth application. The compact has a tiny mirror and a place for the included applicator. I wasn't sure if I'd use the lightest color but they are very blendable and they don't dust up and make a mess in the compact. Absolutely no glitter and no shine! It doesn't look powdery or cakey. Covers up eyelid imperfections like darkness or small purple veins and leaves a natural look. If you want drama you won't find it here. The color lasts and doesn't crease on me. I applied once in the am and then in the pm before going out to dinner.