November 28, 2014 | 1301 users online

Self Tanners - Malibu Tan - Hemp Golden Glow Skin Firming Bronzing Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by mschuman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite lotion hands down because it actually works!!! I have pretty dry skin, so this has been my godsend all winter. What's so great about this lotion (besides how well it moisturizes my skin), is that a little bit goes a LONG way, and that it's so cheap. It's definitely a big bang for your buck deal.

I was also really surprised how well the gradual tanner actually worked too. It's not crazy intense, but it really does give you a bronzed glow - not orange! I'm a big self tanner, and the results from this lotion is the same or even better than all the expensive tanners i've wasted so much money on. I would just recommend washing your palms of your hands and in between your fingers - i always forget that!

I usually buy mine at Walmart, but I recently won a bottle from their facebook page which I would recommend following because they actually do a lot of giveaway type of things. Here's their fb if you're interested:

All in all, I would definitely recommend this lotion!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by smartsally

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried a number of self tanners and thought I'd give this product a shot after reading reviews. I have just purchased my second bottle and hope that this product stays around for a long time. I am fair skinned and freckled so I wanted just a light glow. There is very little streak problems and I am not that diligent about exfoliating daily. I would recommend this to anyone who wants just a light tan. You cannot beat the price-$5.00 at Walmart.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Happythenjaded

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this when I was like 18, I am 23 now and I have tried so many self tanning products and this one was good for when I was 18 but now that I am older and "wiser" I just know many more products that I'd choose over this one....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by lunardrive

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

As many have stated, this is a moisturizer with a bit of DHA so the color it gives is very gradual. I like it because it is a nice moisturizing lotion and doesn't go on streaky at all so the application is foolproof unlike the self tanners that give a lot more color. I use banana boat to give me a shot of color and then I use this daily to help maintain. Using this with the banana boat gives me awesome color year round with out looking orange. The other great thing is the price; I paid $4 for 8 oz.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by ashley92504

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got 25oz for under $6 at Walmart. It was a promo sizing with 40% more free. Normally it is just 18oz which is still better than paying around $10 for 6oz for a self tanner.

Just as this was becoming a hg product, I find out is is being discontinued!! NO! why!? Sally beauty supply also made this same formula in a huge bottle which is also being discontinued...Where else am i going to find something this great and 25 oz for this great of a price?!

I actually really like the smell. Tropical banana. It is not sticky or thick, sinks in perfectly.

This is not going to make you super tan overnight, it is very light and takes away the white glow. This is best for you PPPs. I use this in between deep self tanner applications to maintain the self tanner. non steaky (although i am going to say that is based on application not formula).

I have normal/dry skin and this is not quite moisturizing enough for me by the next day. I apply at night after showering & by the next morning my skin is asking for a little more moisture.

This stuff is great, I wish it was not being discontinued.

*update* 6/27/12- The sally one doesn't look like it is being discontinued (yet!?)I have seen it in the store & it is on their site still. The sally one is called
Moist Hemp Bronzing Moisturizer 18 oz. for $8.49 or with club card price is $7.69

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 5:51:00 AM More reviews by bella418

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So most gradual tan lotions work fine for me but th@en my skin gets "addicted" to them so when I try to stop my skin is a horrible flaky mess for at least a week. This is due to patrolium and mineral oils that are in most lotions. The reason I went with this particular bronzing lotion is because it doesn't contain either of those harmful ingredients. It very gradual and can stick to dry parts like elbows, knees, and parts of feet if you don't exfoliate and use other moisturizer. I don't love the smell but I don't hate it either. Does take a few minutes to absorb but not long enough to bother me. Over all its a very affordable bronzing moisturizer that delivers believable color along with good moisturizing to the skin.. I got this product at Walmart for around 6$. I'd like a stronger color so that's why I don't want to give this a full 5

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Aquarii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

After reading other reviews, I decided to pick up a bottle of this at Walmart.This is the first sunless tan product I have used. I was not looking for an actual tan, but just a little bit of color. I have very pale skin (NC15 in MAC) and have always been afraid of spending money just to have the color end up unnatural-looking.
I am happy to say that did not happen with this product! I have used it every night for four nights now and I am pleased with the color it has given me. Its pretty close to what I get naturally after a few days in the sun. I think it might be -slightly- more orange or yellow than my own skin tone, though I don't think its something that stands out and it looks quite natural. Also, I use just a small, thin amount and it dries very quickly. I only have to wait a minute or two before dressing.
To me, the scent is quite strong, like an overly sweet coconut smell. But, since I apply at night and shower in the morning, the scent washes away.
Also, it is very moisturizing! My skin is smoooooth!
Overall, I am pretty happy with this. I am going to continue to use it nightly for a while and see and it ends up. I will be buying again when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Tbelle83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Scent out of the bottle is a cheap tropical scent, not bad. After awhile i did notice a slight DHA smell. Much less horrible than Jergens, however, and easy to cover up with body spray. Tan is very gradual. It takes me at least 3 applications to notice any results. Color is a nice believeable tan. It seems to fade well without patching. And I haven't had any orange hands after application. (I do wash my hands after application, but with other self tanners I still had orange hands :-( ) Over all I think a good value. If you need to get tan quick I recommend Bannana Boat Deep Dark, very stinky, but a true brown tan.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by catherine920

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this self tanner.... I've tried the Jergens one and I remember it making me yellow and splotchy (but then again that was back when I was in high school and didn't know about how to use it correctly). This stuff is awesome though... I have very fair skin and this stuff gives me a more medium skin tone that is perfect. (With three applications) I had some streaks around one of my wrists but I think it's cause I washed the back of my hand instead of just the palms. But I just washed the area and reapplied it and now no streaks!!I I exfoliate in the shower, apply lotion to just my elbows, knees, and feet and the put this lotion everywhere. I will definitely repurchase, it's way too cheap not to!

Also does anyone else think this stuff smells like beer when you put it on?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by katmidkiff

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite self tanner and I get mine at Walmart. I use it all year long and the scent is pleasant, unlike other self tanners that smell ok at first, then have a very obnoxious odor later. The only drawback is it takes days to build a good color but it is so natural it is worth it.