April 24, 2014 | 1846 users online

Self Tanners - Malibu Tan - Hemp Golden Glow Skin Firming Bronzing Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Aquarii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

After reading other reviews, I decided to pick up a bottle of this at Walmart.This is the first sunless tan product I have used. I was not looking for an actual tan, but just a little bit of color. I have very pale skin (NC15 in MAC) and have always been afraid of spending money just to have the color end up unnatural-looking.
I am happy to say that did not happen with this product! I have used it every night for four nights now and I am pleased with the color it has given me. Its pretty close to what I get naturally after a few days in the sun. I think it might be -slightly- more orange or yellow than my own skin tone, though I don't think its something that stands out and it looks quite natural. Also, I use just a small, thin amount and it dries very quickly. I only have to wait a minute or two before dressing.
To me, the scent is quite strong, like an overly sweet coconut smell. But, since I apply at night and shower in the morning, the scent washes away.
Also, it is very moisturizing! My skin is smoooooth!
Overall, I am pretty happy with this. I am going to continue to use it nightly for a while and see and it ends up. I will be buying again when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Tbelle83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Scent out of the bottle is a cheap tropical scent, not bad. After awhile i did notice a slight DHA smell. Much less horrible than Jergens, however, and easy to cover up with body spray. Tan is very gradual. It takes me at least 3 applications to notice any results. Color is a nice believeable tan. It seems to fade well without patching. And I haven't had any orange hands after application. (I do wash my hands after application, but with other self tanners I still had orange hands :-( ) Over all I think a good value. If you need to get tan quick I recommend Bannana Boat Deep Dark, very stinky, but a true brown tan.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by catherine920

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this self tanner.... I've tried the Jergens one and I remember it making me yellow and splotchy (but then again that was back when I was in high school and didn't know about how to use it correctly). This stuff is awesome though... I have very fair skin and this stuff gives me a more medium skin tone that is perfect. (With three applications) I had some streaks around one of my wrists but I think it's cause I washed the back of my hand instead of just the palms. But I just washed the area and reapplied it and now no streaks!!I I exfoliate in the shower, apply lotion to just my elbows, knees, and feet and the put this lotion everywhere. I will definitely repurchase, it's way too cheap not to!

Also does anyone else think this stuff smells like beer when you put it on?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by katmidkiff

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite self tanner and I get mine at Walmart. I use it all year long and the scent is pleasant, unlike other self tanners that smell ok at first, then have a very obnoxious odor later. The only drawback is it takes days to build a good color but it is so natural it is worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2012 3:56:00 AM More reviews by ryokokoro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First time I tried this a couple years ago, I didn't like it at all. It never seemed to dry on my skin or produce much more than a jaundiced tinge. I bought another bottle a couple months ago for some reason and I like it much better this time around. Maybe they changed it somehow (I could swear the label only read "with a pinch of erythrulose" before but now I see they've added DHA) but the formula absorbs really well now and leaves my skin very soft. It even sinks well into my face without causing any further breakouts, surprisingly (I would think it would, having myristate in it). I'd have to say the end result is a light tan when I'm pasty white. If I apply it twice in one day, there is a noticeable difference the next day. (I did one leg this way and left the other un-lotioned to see the difference) It even works nice if you want to add a little depth to a base tan. Just don't expect it to turn you brown. This is a light tan product. One final thought! The smell is overly sweet and somewhere between cheap tropical and bubblegum. It's not terrible by any means but after a while, it gets tired. Eventually, the DHA development smell comes up in the background and it smells a little off but with any sunless tanner, you can expect that.

All in all, I will continue to buy it because it's decent as a lotion during dry winter months, gives a nice light tan, and is cheap!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by underage

I don't get the hype about this self-tanner. I HATE the smell. It does not smell like self-tanner but it smells like cheap tropical lotion. I also don't like how it leaves me feeling sticky all day. Even when I use this daily, I do not feel like I get any color. I'm very pale so I expected to see a difference but it was barely noticeable. I won't repurchase. I think Banana Boat is much better for a few dollars more!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by ClaireBear728

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this tanner. I have used it for years and it has never given me a problem. As with all self-tanners, it is best to exfoliate elbows and knees to avoid any "orange" patches, but I like the fact that this product does not give an orange tint all over. I will definitely continue to use/buy and I recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by junkymonkey91

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have bought almost every self tanner and this is my favorite. Subtle yet beautiful color. I have pasty white skin and it doesn't make me orange!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by lushorchid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this a few weeks and can safely say, it's a definite repurchase. Purchased it at Walmart at $6 / 18 oz, product comes in a plastic lotion style bottle with a locking pump dispenser. Thick consistency, with a creamy banana scent.. perhaps slightly plastic-y. While I don't love the scent I'm happy to deal with it considering this tanner is mostly devoid of the usual biscuit DHA scent. Easy application, no streaky mess, and a totally realistic gorgeous glow in 2 days. Love that I can just slap it on and go, don't have to worry about the usual tanning arsenal of gloves, exfoliators, mitts, etc.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Kayanne95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For the past year I have been using this self tanner, which for me, is safe and healthy for my skin. It smells sweet, gives me a healthy sunkissed glow, and is inexpensive! I am reliant on this! Def recommend this to anyone who wants a beautiful beach glow :)