The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Wash

3.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate (Viscosity Modifier), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Allantoin (Skin Soothing Agent), Polyquaternium-10 (Hair Conditioner), Sodium Salicylate (Preservative), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Yellow 5 (Colour), Blue 1 (Colour).

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

a friend of mine recommended this for me a few months ago,I have an acne-prone and oily skin in general and when I first got it it took it a week or two to really make a difference and it really does what it claims to regarding the blemished skin type because it has DEFINITELY worked well on removing the blemishes and a bit of the acne scars on my cheeks,I'd say that I still have a few pimples every now and then &I've been using it for two months and a half now.I use it at morning and before I go to sleep followed by the same line toner,but awhile ago I changed the toner to TBS Seaweed one and also started using the night blemish fade lotion and it started working better all together ,it's good overall considering the amount of product and the price.

on 8/3/2014 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Ever since i was an younge age, my face started to break out and i immeaditly starting scanning and going over every product there was from proactiv, clean and clear none of them seemed to work. And so recently ago my mom and I were in The Body Shop and she wanted to get a new cleansing regime, I saw the trea tree line she saw it too and she decided to buy it for the both of us. From now i continue to use it every day and have now have no problem with my skin, I highly reccomed for those with problematic, acne-prone skin

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

So i have lots of acne. I had heard this was AMAZING but ive been using it for like months and i still have acne!!! Any ideas on what to do? Other products? Twice a day? I have the kit with the wash, toner, and lotion.

I don't really think it makes a different on my acne or pores or white heads(don't have black heads so idk bout that). But it doesn't breaks me out. WASNT TOO STRONG!! Which I like since sacilic(?) acid never work for me. Likes the smell, NOT BUBLY.

on 7/27/2014 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This cleanser said it is suitable for people with blemish-prone skin. I have oily and blemish-prone skin, so I tried this cleanser! At first, it made my skin feel tight and dry. I could only feel moisturized by applying the tea tree toner and lotion after cleansing. But after awhile, I keep buying this cleanser because no other Body Shop cleanser can clean out the excess sebum on my face as well as this one can. I'm still looking for a cleanser that won't dry out my skin, though...

on 6/26/2014 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I first tried a sample of this product around a year ago when I was travelling in thailand. I have acne prone and EXTREMELY oily skin that can be dry in patches around my upper lip when im having a bad skin day. I found that this cleared up around 70% of my breakouts within the 4 days that I was travelling. I quickly got the full size of this once I returned home. It was very effective for the first 5 months of using it. I then brought it to me to canada and I dont know if it was this product or other things I was using, but my skin became all red and patch especially around my eyes, even though i would avoid using any product around them. thinking back, I think it was my skins initial reaction to benzyl peroxide, so I think i will repurchase this wash in the next week because im having a really bad breakout

on 6/18/2014 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I found this product wasn't effective for me, I have combination skin and am prone to acne and break outs. Although it didn't make me break out, it didn't get rid of it either. I found this product just kept more breakouts from occurring. I didn't like how it didn't foam up too well, and the creamy texture was nothing special, if anything it was a let down. It works terribly against wet skin. I found I had to wet my face first and use dry hands to foam up the face wash to get as much out of the product as possible, sometimes I would use a foam maker. Furthermore, my skin just didn't feel clean after using it. This product is also quite drying, so it would be preferable to use in the summer but not during the winter.

This is the one of the best face washes for oily skin.. I am using 3rd bottle of this face wash and will continue to use it as it makes the skin non greasy. It also keeps a check on oil for around 5-6 hours. You can read the detailed review here :

TBS face wash review! continued >>

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I got Tea Tree Oil Face Wash from The Body Shop as part of the Tea Tree Skin Care Kit. The kit is on sale for $17.50 from $25. The face wash alone is $12. To start with, I have sometimes very oily skin & with that, naturally, I tend to break out. I like this face wash because it did clear up my skin & make it look better, but it worked slowly. It removes excess oils; however, because I have such oily skin, that doesn't last long haha

How long it look for me to see results almost discouraged me... that's probably because of its gentleness. Seeing my sister use it & see almost instant results, I was wondering what was taking SO long for me! Anyway, I used this once a day, at nighttime. This face wash has a (very) strong scent, but it does fade & I did get used to it. I truly do recommend this product & enjoy itómy only complaint was that it was slow-working.

on 6/8/2014 11:37:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

After reading a lot of good reviews on The Body Shop's website, I was really hoping for a product that would help with the pimples I got a few times a month. The very first time I used it I could feel this tingly sensation on my face that I liked (made me feel fresh) but that never happened again. I've been using this for maybe half a year, but it hasn't done anything special... it especially didn't help with the constant breakouts I kept getting. I've used products that were cheaper and worked better; I won't be buying this again.