September 16, 2014 | 1757 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Ricepaper

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2012 3:26:00 AM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

How have I not tried this shadow before?!?! This shadow has one of the best textures I've found in a MAC eyeshadow. I feel like MAC eyeshadow textures can be a bit hit or miss; some are really hard and have poor pay off, others are great. This one is so soft, with excellent payoff, and applies like a dream. The color is a soft gold. I know a lot of people with darker skin use it as a highlight, which I can see how it would be gorgeous for that, and I think that's why I didn't try it for so long. For me, as NC15, it's a pale soft gold which I love on the lid. It would be far too dark for me as a highlight. It plays well with others too. I always use it on the lid with shadows like Amber Lights, Saddle, Swiss Chocolate, Omega, Sumptuous Olive, Naval, Deep Damson, or Fig 1 in the crease. I think my favorites are Rice paper and Amber Lights and/or with Swiss Chocolate.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Hottie560

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

MAC Ricepaper is a very pretty frosty eyeshadow colour with a very nice subtle gold shimmer undertone which would also serve as a highlighting colour perfectly. I am fair skin with warm undertones and I used this to highlight my nose area and brow bones. I also noticed that it is incredibly gorgeous on the decoletee area as well due to its high reflectiveness and versatility.
Note: If you are Asian this colour perfectly brightens up your eye area without being too heavy.
Overall, I am very satisfied with it. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Murais

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh, Ricepaper, how I do love you! So much so that I've got 2 pro pans; one for each of my most commonly used shadow palettes so I don't have to switch between them. Lazy? You betcha!
Wonderful warm, light beige/yellow shimmer. Not too heavy on the yellow. Not too heavy on the creamy beige. Not too heavy on the frost. I use it almost daily as a lid color with a bevy assortment of browns, neutrals, purples, and others for crease and outer lid shades. Ricepaper is just shimmery enough to pick up some brightness amidst matte neutrals, and lightly yellow enough to look like my NC20-25 color but better when paired with darker shade colors. Smooth texture, spreads easy, and covers well. Also works well as an evening highlight color for this warm redhead. My skin tone finds Phloof too frosty cool, and Naked Lunch a bit too pink. Ricepaper, however, rocks!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by teaelleyou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great highlight color for tan skin (I'm NW35 for your ref). I tried Nylon first but found it too harsh and was basically white on me. If you are looking for SUPER shimmery, look elsewhere, even though it's listed as a frost, it appears on the skin as a sheen rather than shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 2:50:00 AM More reviews by DiscoverBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic eyebrow highlight powder. I also love to use it as an inner corner highlight. Very little fallout, and blends very well. I recommend getting this because it can be versatile.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by KoKoJammie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have Ricepaper but i donít use it often. I think that I have way too many neutral eyeshadows and I will need 5 life times to use them all up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by channingto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I find this to be a very subtle highlight, which is okay for days that i'm not wearing eye makeup but I do like the more frosty look. This comes off as a satin and is sometimes hard to show up on me and almost appears matte at times. That's not a bad thing at all, but like I said, I do like frosty highlights (MAC Nylon & Urban Decay Sin). I find the pigmentation not as good on this for me, but it still shows up decent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Alfordalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this for a gentle highlight. its not too shimmery or obvious, its softer. its also yellow toned which looks better on my skin tone

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by dela_cerna

When I first bought a bunch of MAC shadows, I didn't go for this, because at first swatch, it looked really light and frosty. It gave me flashbacks of wearing white frosty eyeshadow in high school. Not a pretty look on tan skin! But this shade totally won me over. You can use it on its own for a really subtle look, but this shadow truly shines when paired with other colors, especially neutrals and browns. It's a great supporting color for nearly everything. I like using this with a warm matte brown (MAC Saddle or UD Buck), which is a great every day look that can easily be polished with a stronger lip color, especially reds (try it with Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple). Simple and very chic! I also like using this as a highlighter. It's not sparkly, so it lends a lovely glow that looks amazing on tan skin. Give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by deellez

I absolutely love this eye shadow. It has a yellow tone (frost) to it so I find it to be the perfect subtle shade for the brow bone or a color for the inner lid. It's not too bright and not too dull so I think it would compliment any color and the texture is amazing.I would definitely recommend this eyeshadow.