July 28, 2014 | 2136 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Liquid Lift Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2009 6:23:00 PM More reviews by baronesszara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

God damn it! I wanted this to work. It didn't.
HD foundation showed up and made new flakes on my face, so I brought it back, stated my complaint and was told this would be better for dry skin. Nope!
Flakes and pores ahoy!
I use it once a week or so, just cos its there. Number nine. It's a bit yellow, but what the hey, I temper it with powder.
It's a bit Mac scupt (also makes my skin flake) in texture. A gel-like quality. The pigment level is medium and a primer helps.
But why I should NEED a primer? A foundation used to be just that - the foundation, the canvas. Needing a primer doubles the price of your base.
The right base should have a perfect texture for your skin, right?

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2009 10:40:00 AM More reviews by kpborra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I heard it's Kim Kardashian's foundation and I absolutely love her make up.

Pros:
Medium to Full Coverage (if you need that kind of coverage, gives a very finished look)
Long lasting (You just need to touch up with powder after 6 hours, and you will seem refreshed)
Photographs well

Cons:
Too much coverage (I'm looking for a light coverage foundation)

Note: I've tried mixing 1 pump MUFE Liquid Lift + 3 pumps moisturizer and I have a sheerer, better, lighter coverage foundation which does not look like I'm covering my face with a lot of make up. Although I really like it, I wouldn't repurchase it because I'm still looking for a natural looking, long-lasting foundation that photographs well. :)

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by berrybellajoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't start wearing foundation until my 30's. I started to get uneven colouring, perhaps from my pregnancies or because of eczema. I absolutely adore MUF F&B but wanted to also try something with more coverage. This worked great. I love the pump on it...which I wish F&B had and it does not dry out or make my eczema noticeable. In fact, with both this liquid lift and F&B, people would tell me that my skin looked great and would ask how I cleared up my eczema. My only issue with this is finding the correct colour. #4 matches my face perfectly but is lighter than my forehead. And now they've gotten rid of MUF counters in Sears Canada so I'll have to find it at the very limited Bay stores that they have or go to the US.

EDIT: I've actually tried #5 and that works perfectly.
---MUA caused me to panic when I read that this has been discontinued. It is NOT discontinued. In Canada it is only found at limited The Bay stores and Sears Canada no longer carries MUFE. Sephora does not carry the liquid lift foundations, but I've never actually ever seen it there. That's where probably the confusion lay. I frantically called and went to my Bay store that carries it and they were confused about where I had heard it was discontinued and assured me that it was not and that they had added more colours to the line so as far as they knew it was not going to be discontinued. Phew!

Update: Spring 2011: They have removed MUF counters from The Bay so I can no longer purchase this anywhere in Canada except for the MUF counter in Montreal. That's just too far of a treck for me to regularly go. It's probably for the better anyway since I am trying to go with more natural or safer ingredients in my make-up now.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by sonu12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

all I can say about this product is I LOVE IT! reason for it because its applies on very smoothly & look's very fresh & dewy so if ur oily skin I dont recommand it! this foundation stays on for a very long time and I used the 180 mac brush to apply to my face. I did have to combine the 2 colours to get to match my skin #4 & #5 mind you the packing of the colour is not even labled on the bottom of the bottle. but overall of the item GREAT product!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2009 4:36:00 AM More reviews by Milisenta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

i have just started using it being "seduced" by my friend who adores it. well, at this point wouldn't say it's worth such a high price, or perhaps it just doesn't match my skin-type. In areas where my skin is normal to dry, it looks pretty decently, but the T-zone gets oily fairly quickly and also the pores, spots and all other "beautiful areas" are not masked evenly. The texture works much better when you moisturize well before applying, otherwise it's too creamy and can cake up in some areas. i don't mind the smell at all, and the bottle is good too (a little heavy) but the pump is perfect. i have porcelain skin and number one is almost a good match, number two is already too yellow

i will give it a try because there WERE days when it looked very nice on me; however, i can get similar effect from a cheaper foundation (beauty for all season for e.g.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Hayne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I called the New York store and they said it is not discontinued. Everybody has called in to order thinking it is discontinued and so they are waiting for more stock from France. So you can still get it. You just have to go thru the MUF stores.

I love this foundation. I am not liking the new HD foundation. Anyway, this foundation gives you a dewey, clean look. Not powdery. I hope this stays around. I always get complements on my skin when I wear this. Not my makeup. That says alot.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2008 5:42:00 PM More reviews by angelaangel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Let the lamentations begin - Sephora is discontinuing this product both online and in the shops.
I used 01, about as light as I would go, a light, luminous coverage, and wanted to get another - but Sephora is not selling it anymore.

From Sephora:
""Make Up For Ever Liquid Lift Foundation has been discontinued on our website as well as our stores. We greatly apologize for the inconvenience. The Make Up For Ever HD Foundation has a similar texture which is slightly thicker but not heavy in texture. The HD Foundation does offer more coverage, and while it does help to minimize imperfections such as lines and pores, the HD Foundation does a better job of soaking up excess oil, but yet is still hydrating and does not sink into lines.

Here are some of the key ingredients of this foundation, which is designed to photograph flawlessly and look like skin in all lighting conditions.

-Relipidium: Moisturizes the skin (+46% after 4 hours).
-Fucogel: Forms a microfilm that prevents dehydration and protects against external aggression.
-Sericite: Enables rays of light to spread more widely, intensifying the radiance of the complexion.

This is their most cutting edge formula, so you may find that you enjoy this even more than the Liquid Lift Foundation.""

MUFE HD foundation is the newer one. I'm trying it out: the palest one (110) was too pale on me (Nicole Kidman Kabuki shade) ; 115, (pink undertone) or 117 (yellow undertone) were closer. Lots of colors on the HD - I'd suggest trying it in the shop with sample before buying.

Revision as of Nov 2012 :
Sephora does seem to have relisted this as a "new" product!
Let the rejoicing begin!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2008 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Smooch20

I just started using this foundation. So far so good. I wear No. 3 I buff it on with M.A.C. brush 180 and set it with M.A.C. sheer select pressed powder NC30 using M.A.C brush 150.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2008 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Baano

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's not the cheapest foundation, but it feels the least mask like. I was turned onto Revlon's ColourStay foundation when I was working on a movie. The makeup artist mixed it with some liquid M.A.C stuff to get the right colour, but I found I liked the ColourStay just by itself (not a huge fan of M.A.C anymore). The only thing was that I could really "feel it" when it was on my skin. Liquid Lift's coverage isn't as heavy/matte as Revlon's, but it feels a lot lighter on my skin and leaves a more natural, dewy look (Note: dewy, not SHINY or SPARKLEY), and a little goes a long way with this product. I use the flat brush to paint it on and a year later the bottle is still half full. I find this foundation particularly good for dry skin. The bottle could be improved though. It's hard to know what shade you have because there's no info on the bottle. Makes it hard to remember for re-purchase especially if this stuff lasts as long as it does.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2008 4:31:00 AM More reviews by viva798

The coverage is good but the smell is terrible. It's very strong and doesn't go away immediately. That's one of the drawbacks of this foundation. The color is ok but too muddy for my yellow-undertone skin. I'm a NC40 and I use #4. However, it's great for my dry skin. If you find a foundation match and don't mind the scent, then buy this if you have dry skin.