July 29, 2014 | 1959 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Oil-free eye makeup remover liquid

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this but I prefer the pads, I got the bottle because I thought that it would last longer. i feel that I need to use a few cotton balls to get the makeup off, but with the pads i only use one, so idk if it will actually last longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by COAS87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this obviously to remove eyemakeup.. I usually use the ELF makeup remover wipes! which work wonders. I was looking for something if i needed to target a small area with like a qtip.... so I got this to try, as almay products always seem very high quality for drugstore.. I wanted makeup remover with no oil in it, .. and that doesn't seperate in the bottle.. this was the ONLY one I could find!! Thank goodness I found this one! it is perfect.. i actually put it in a decorative soap dispenser on my vanity for easy use, and so far, it has worked wonders! Works with qtips and cotton balls... I sitll use the elf wipes for full face, but when doing my makeup and screwing up, this takes it away quickly and effortlessly!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by blesdchile

I normally use Equate oil-free eye-makeup remover. I love it but had run out. I was in Kroger when I saw the Almay oil-free eye makeup remover on sale. I bought two bottles. I figured because it was Almay, it would be comparable or better than Equate (which is actually comparable to Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup remover).

I hated it the first time I used it. The smell was very strong and it stung my eyes terribly. To top it off, it didn't remove my makeup well. Typically, I wear eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara (not waterproof). Almay removed the make-up poorly and because of the stinging, I ended up washing off the rest when I wash the rest of my face. Equate removes all of the makeup and NO STINGING.

For the price, even on sale, Almay came in a smaller bottle (4.0 oz), while Equate comes in a larger bottle (5.5 oz).

Eventually, I went out and bought two bottles of my Equate and poured the remaining Almay down the sink. The other bottle will follow.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by masqued_dreamer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the Almay liquid remover in the purple bottle. I bought 3 or 4 of these because they were such a good price at Walgreens but now I regret hoarding the stuff. It does nothing but sting my eyes horribly. I put some makeup remover on a cotton pad, set it on my eyes for a few seconds and then wipe away. It leaves my eyes burning and not able to see for a good 15 minutes. I'm going back to Neutrogena. That stuff actually worked and I never had a problem. Funny thing is, the makeup remover pads from almay are awesome! Never had a problem.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Kastehelmi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I expect very little from an eye makeup remover: it should remove all of my eye makeup and not irritate my eyes. While it may not irritate my eyes as it has for other reviewers it doesn't get off all of my makeup, even if I remove most of it with a swipe of oil first. If I use 2 cotton balls and a few sheets of toilet paper on each eye I can remove my heavy eyeshadow "night out" look, but that's if I use the tissue and oil to take most of it off first. I have had the bottle for two weeks and I have used over half the bottle. Mind you, I only wear gel eyeliner on a daily basis, and mascara every other day. If I try to wipe off my makeup using this alone it takes just 1/3 of it off and I practically have to tug on my eye to get it to absorb the makeup. Not good, don't waste your money. Even if you don't wear long-wearing makeup there is surely a better eye makeup remover out there at this price range!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by eileenbean5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Dried my eyes so bad, I couldn't wear makeup for a MONTH.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by moosie

Burned my eyes so much and yet removed so little makeup that I thought I was accidentally using TONER. Seriously did not remove any mascara whatsoever (not waterproof) Horrible product, waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by annalynne

Don't buy this.
Complete waste of money..
It burned my eyes, and couldn't even remove my mascara. I scrubbed my eyes for 10 minutes and it still didn't remove all of it. If you need an eye makeup remover, Target's Up&Up generic brand works much better than this.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2011 11:29:00 AM More reviews by A7XSYNdrome

I got a sample size of this makeup remover when I purchased an Almay mascara to try on clearance.
Worst stuff ever. It only took off my eyeshadow, which shall I mention was QUITE a job. Left my liner and mascara smudged and my eyes stung. Really not a fan of this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by xosandy

I noticed that they changed the packaging so I'm not sure if the formula is still the same but I am reviewing the purple bottle. I'm quite surprised at all the negative reviews so I may be in the minority since I actually did like the product. The price was great and it did a pretty decent job of removing my eye makeup remover but not all of my hard-to-remove waterproof eyeliner which is why I took one star off. So if you're a broke college student like me who doesn't want to spend much on a makeup remover (I've noticed that makeup prices have gone up so many for drugstores in recent years) give this product a try --assuming that the formulation is still the same of course.