November 22, 2014 | 1014 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Satsuma Body Butter

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by PrinceChagum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I truly love the smell, and the formula for the body butter itself is amazing, but there's one thing that will keep me from repurchasing the product and that is that... it apparently smells like beer? I don't know. My dad thought so, and you know I took THAT with a grain of salt, but just the other day, I was on the bus. My hands were chapped, so I put some of this on. The smell is strong, and the bus driver actually thought the kids in the back were drinking. 0.0 I let my friends have another whiff of the body butter later on and they were like, "Yeah, it kind of smells like Blue Moon."

I would definitely wear this when I'm chilling at home, but in public? Not anymore. I'd love to try a different scent of this body butter, though, that I could wear everywhere without worrying if I smell like a tavern. ;o

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by jaybird2405

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to start by saying that if I wrote this review a month ago I would be raving about it. I just recently bought a new container of it, and they changed the formula, now it is thicker and not as fragrant. I would put it on before work, and the yummy scent would stay for a couple hours. Not anymore... I think it is a good moisturizer, one of the better ones I have used. Definitely more for summer skin, I don't think the scent or the formula would yield very good results in the winter. I will probably try other products before coming back to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by SkinCare9

I love this so much.
It moisturisers my skin so well. My skin looks and feels so much better.
It smells absolouelty fantastic.

I use it with the matching Body Polish/scrub
I will continue to use this!
Definatly worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by calzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this fragrance, although I think it's better suited in body wash form. As with all Body Shop body butters, it does a great job of moisturizing, and I don't find it greasy personally. I think I like Mango and Strawberry better than this, but it's still a great scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2012 2:48:00 AM More reviews by DiscoPandaGoGo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I already reviewed the Body Shop's Strawberry Body Butter, and I stated it's amazing. It relieved my dry elbows, the smell is nice and not too potent but fresh and it is greasy compared to a lot of other lotions, which is probably why it works so damn well.

Now, Satsuma smells amazing as well, when I think of The Body Shop, I think of Satsuma. It's their signature walking through the mall "Oh, what's that?" smell. However, when I put it on, everyone can smell it on me. I don't mind, I like smelling it, but my mother hates the smell. So it can be offensive if the people around you don't like it. If you're going to an office meeting or a party, I'd suggest to wear something else, maybe another scent? If you're gonna be by yourself, in your room or house all nice. Or maybe running to get some groceries, I'd be all over this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by skelterhelter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have mixed feelings about this product. First, the positive aspect: it smells DIVINE. Omg, I LOVE anything citrus and this is the best citrus scent I've ever smelled. Like a batch of juicy, invigorating mandarins that I want to roll all over my naked body (not that I've ever done that...*shifty eyes*). It's just so fresh and authentic! However, it's the product itself that fails. To me it's really greasy and doesn't sink into the skin right away; in fact, my hands almost feel sweaty for hours after I've originally smoothed on this product. Not cute at all. So this body butter will probably just be one I sniff and have a nose-gasm over in the store, but not purchase. Such a shame, too. Love the scent :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Love this stuff! My mom always sends me and my roommate goodie bags for Christmas, and this was in our bags! I just finished this up tonight, and I smell great! At first I was kind of put off by the smell, but I grew to love it. I think it might be too strong for some people who are sensitive to smells or are allergic to perfumes, so if you're one of those people, I'd stay away, but for others, try this out! I love Body Shop body butters way more than BBW body butters because I find BBW butters leave me greasy feelings, while this soaks right in and makes me feel all supple and sweet. I shower at night and I slather this on afterwards. I probably won't use it in the summer, but since it's the dead of winter, my skin needs all the moisture it can get. I'll definitely repurchase this scent as well as other scents!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 1:54:00 AM More reviews by emigyaru

I absolutely love this body butter. The scent is amazing, and really smells like mandarins. I really got a lot of compliments on it when I open the jar at the nail salon (and you know how strong that place can smell!). I don't find the moisturizing aspect to be that amazing, but it's alright. The body butter absorbs fast and is grease-less - which is a plus for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 9:57:00 AM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I love The Body Shop's Body Butters. They actually sink into the skin and moisturize instead of just sitting on top of it, they don't feel greasy, and they leave a lovely scent that lingers for hours (I usually skip perfume when wearing one of these butters). I just wish that they weren't so pricey.

Anyhow, Satsuma is probably my favorite scent for these butters. It smells like a batch of fresh Japanese oranges. I don't find it overpowering because I love a citrusy scent, and this is as citrusy as it gets. Love it :) I almost always have one of these on my vanity.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 3:21:00 AM More reviews by bluemushroom

LOVEEEEEE this...very fresh and the smell lingers all day..it compliments my perfume very well (clinique happy-another citrus smell)..it does seriously wake me up in the morning and moisturise my skin very well! highly recommended! too bad its not available here in australia