July 29, 2014 | 2151 users online

Mascara - Bobbi Brown - No Smudge Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by missghie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is THE BEST smudge and flake and clump free mascara I've ever used, my HG, my search is over. I wish the Maybelline pink and green tube, which I've been faithful to for so many years, was as good as Bobbi's, it certainly would be easier on my pocket book, but it's not. I've never used any mascara that hasn't failed me and left big smudges under my eyes--ALL of them end up on my face and not on my lashes. But not this one. I have nothing but praise for the workability, reliability, comfort, and effect of this awesome mascara! I still like to use Diorshow for nights when I get dressed uip and go out, but for everyday, Bobbi Brown No Smudge is it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by annie_b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bobbi Brown mascaras stand out for me in that they are non-irritating and seem to hold up well over the course of the day. After a not-so-good experience with Everything Mascara, which I found too wet on application, I came back to Bobbi Brown. This was during a bout of allergies in which I really needed to minimize any extra irritation in the eye area. The sales associate directed me to this mascara. The formula is definitely drier and easier (for me) to work with, and I get nice volume and adequate length with just one coat. No flaking. None. Even after sleeping in this mascara. And no irritation! Just pretty lashes with minimal clumping, provided I use a light hand and build gradually.

BUT - and this is the reason for the 4 rating rather than 5 - I have to work too hard to get this mascara off. I normally prefer non-waterproof formulas simply because I dislike the removal step, but I made an exception in this case. I have to use an oil-based cleanser to get this off, and even so I feel like I am doing subtle damage to the delicate skin around my eyes with all the rubbing and tugging it takes to get it all off. So I'll enjoy the benefits of this mascara, and maybe I'll come back if my needs call more strongly for a no-budge mascara in the future, but after I'm done with this tube I'll switch to a formula that's easier to remove.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this as part of a set & WOW what a difference this stuff makes! My eyes are super sensitive, water a lot & are picky about any products that get near them so most mascaras ive used have gone into the trash. But this stuff is great, it hasn't irritated my eyes & my fair/tiny lashes look huge, dark & beautiful w/ just one coat! It hasn't dried out on me yet & ive had it for a few wks. No clumping either but the other reviewer is right that if you get this on your skin make sure you get it off right away because its hard to get off once it dries. Pricey so i prob won't repurchase but if it comes in a kit again i will most deff use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 8:14:00 AM More reviews by psmitty

Changing my fairly positive former review to a very positive one! This mascara was the tortoise in the hare race and won overall. I used to use Clinique Lash Power, but realized it was too natural-looking. My fave Stila Convertible was discontinued and other tubing mascaras I tried were clumpy and terrible (you, Blinc and Fiberwig). Waterproof mascaras, from Dior and Chanel to Maybelline and CG, either wouldn't come off, smudged like crazy or clumped. Hourglass Superficial was great until I choked on food and it smeared! This guy is so dependable- no smudging even during summer exercise- and waterproof. It removes easily with jojoba oil or my Etival cleanser, no substantial lash loss. I've learned to only put more coats on when it's still wet and I completely avoid clumps. If applied that way, it provides great volume, no irritation. I'm very happy with this mascara and will certainly repurchase. It's pricey, but I'm willing to pay for the dependability and quality. It's available near me at Sephora and Holt Renfrew.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 10:40:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

Meh - I would give this a 3.5 if I could and here is why...I love trying mascaras, but always d/s since I am so finicky that I am reticent to spend $ on mascara that chances are I won't like. It must be waterproof and wear like iron w/out clumping (I cannot be bothered by having to comb clumps out of or have to seperate my lashes post mascara application - I don't need the extra steps), must give me volume and length - I know - I expect too much! :P

I got this from a friend of mine who was purging, had tried 1x and didn't like = lucky me. I have used for 3 days - today, I put this on my right eye and one of my HGs L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof on the left - eyes looked identical after application. My lashes feel the same = not stiff/spikey. Neither product smell much of anything. I use either oil or Sonia Kashuk to remove my mascara = removes easily w/ both products.

I then spent the day running around helping my in-laws pack up to move in 80 degree, sunny weather. 9 hours later = only difference is that the BB coated lashes looked clumped togther on the bottom - definitely more so than the L'Oreal side. No smudging on either so that is good. But for more than 2x the price of my L'Oreal - this had better be da bomb for me to justify spending that kind of $ and it just isn't. I'm glad I got to try due to all the rave reviews here, but if I had purchased, I'd be PO'd. Definitely no to re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by KristyEv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been looking for a mascara that doesn't smudge, and this is it! No problems at all with smudging or flaking. It gives a natural look and it is difficult to build volume with more than one coat because it clumps. I wipe the brush with a tissue and comb through lashes with an eyelash comb after applying. I like it more for the fact that it doesn't smudge rather than how it applies and looks, I prefer Clinique's Naturally Glossy mascara but it smudges.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by KariRocksOut

Love this stuff, can't get enough! I recently switched from Lancome Definicils Waterproof, which was hard to get on in a smooth coat, and very hard to get off. I love the Bobbi Brown version because it's CLUMP FREE! It also comes off nicely with a oil based eye makeup remover. I have been using this when I freelance wedding makeup and the consensus is brides and bridesmaids love it! Stays on really well through the tears, and I plan to use it while snorkeling in Hawaii next month!

**Edit** It is indeed smudge-proof but when I wore it on our snorkel cruise in Maui I did get some black smudges under my eyes. I don't know why you'd really wear this in water, but I wanted to give it a try to leave my review! I think it'd be suitable to wear to a wedding or special event where you feel you might cry, but check yourself in a mirror afterward just in case! Also I saw no flaking with this mascara, which can happen with some other waterproof/smudgeproof mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by SBMD

I am on my third tube of BB's No Smudge Mascara in black. It does what it says: It doesn't wilt under high heat or humidity. I can wear this after a day of work and go to the gym and don't find the standard "racoon eyes" post workout. Well worth the $20-plus dollars to pay for this product. This mascara volumizes my thin lashes and gives them a slight curl.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 6:23:00 AM More reviews by tokidoki123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Most mascaras run and don't keep my curl even if it's waterproof. However when i tried this mascara I was amazed! It stayed on and did not smudge even after i working out. It even stayed on when i accidentally slept with it on, which you should never do unless you want to look really good when you're sleeping ;). Really good mascara, but the price is steep at $20+/-. You could find it at a cco for a lesser price.I would repurchase this again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Katz17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, I don't love this mascara, but it's not lying when it says that it doesnt smudge. The only time I use this mascara is when Im about to do some vigorous physical activity and I need a mascara that won't give me raccoon-eyes. I don't have any other mascara that doesn't smudge. This mascara is even kind of water proof! However, a downside is that it won't come off no matter what I do! The first time I used it, I scrubbed so hard at my eyes, that at least 15 lashes fell off. I used makeup remover and it still doesnt come off! The only way for me to get it off, is to wait another day or two, and it'll just naturally start to go away. Also, this mascara clumps a little and it's hard to get rid of the clumps because it dries pretty quickly. After it dries, it's pretty much impossible to get off. I have the sample tube but I don't think I will get the full size.