April 17, 2014 | 951 users online

Blush - Rimmel - Blush - Berry 031

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2009 6:30:00 PM More reviews by forya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Rimmel blushes are probably one of the best drugstore purchases besides mascara or lipstick. The Berry color is perfect for my MAC C4 or MUFE Desert 123 skintone. The blush is a light coral/pink that works well with my medium//tan yellow undertone complexion. It's light so you can build up the color.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2009 12:02:00 AM More reviews by lonetabby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had this "Berry" blush in the original square package. I ended up taking it out because the package always broke my nails trying to get it open. However I do love the blush, and the color is pretty on my porcelain skin when I want a little more pop. It has nice staying power for such a cheap blush, usually the drug store blushes fade away on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2008 6:50:00 PM More reviews by lunagoose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Just got this blush in "Berry" from the local drug store, it was only 2.50 Canadian dollars and on clearance. The product seems OK but the name of this color is misleading. I hoped that "Berry" would be a mix of cool pink and mauve colors but it actually looks orange on my cheeks. I think that this color simply does not match my light olive skin tone. This blush is also quite pigmented. I would not repurchase this color again. This blush is slightly shimmery but in a good way, does not contain the dreaded chunks of glitter. The packaging is OK, not pretty but not too tacky, it does not come with a mirror or a blush brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2008 8:40:00 AM More reviews by askr

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Surprisingly pigmented, smooth, lustrous and long lasting blush. This is actually a tawny color that is beautiful with neutral makeup. I have not broken out either! Packaging is very lightweight so good for travel too.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2008 2:55:00 PM More reviews by versace1008

Great color, I have berry in the original square packaging.
I like this color on my skin, its pretty cheap so cannot go wrong with the price.
The packaging is good since is small and compact, easy to carry but the cover is hard to get off sometimes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2008 4:05:00 AM More reviews by lindy2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I saw this on clearance at Walgreens a couple of months ago and picked it up on a whim for the sole purpose of having an inexpensive mini-sized blush for travel. To my surprise, there is actually more product in here (4g) than my Paula's Choice blushes. I had never tried a Rimmel blush and was not expecting such a nice quality, silky powder. It is finely milled and blends beautifully. It is also nicely pigmented; I prefer using a lighter hand if necessary, than having to apply layer after layer just to get the color to show up. This particular shade is really beautiful too. As others have said, it's not a true berry but more of a rose or tawny pink (no blue undertones), with just the right amount of (very) subtle shimmer for a healthy glow without the sparkle. I have medium cool-toned skin but I think Berry would work for both warm and cool complexions.

I was so impressed after trying this I went back and bought two more colors in Plum and Pink Rose. Plum (032) is somewhat similar to Berry but a tad deeper and cooler (though not a true Plum in my opinion). Pink Rose is lighter and more pink (not as light as Santa Rose), and also well-pigmented. I am happy with all three colors, and the staying power seems to be on par with higher-end brands. (At $1.79 it was less than what I would have paid in tax for one of those!) You don't get the fancy compact but these are light as a feather and take up no room at all in a small makeup bag, which is the reason I picked them up in the first place. For less than $6.00 I can carry three shades of quality blush that take up less room than one full size compact (I always use a separate brush anyway). Mine is the newer packaging with the hinged lid so I'm not sure why they had it on clearance in March, but these are the same shades that are currently in the stores.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2008 4:22:00 PM More reviews by icedpurple

i love this blush so much, nothing has ever compared to it. i hate that they stopped making it the same. i loved everything about it, even the packaging which everyone seems to hate. if i had known they would stop making it i wouldve stocked up on it big time. i just hope i can find something as good. if anyone has any suggestions feel free :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2008 1:24:00 AM More reviews by voocat

i have berry and pink rose. berry is more pigmented than pink rose and is darker. it's not really a berry color though on my face. it has pretty good lasting power (esp if i use a good foundation).

i don't like the packaging tho (seems like i have the old packaging - rectangular, no hinge), it's hard to open! but for the price, can't expect much.

not my HG blush, but would buy again if needed something right away but don't have time to test around.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 4:13:00 PM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

NOTE: I'm reviewing the Rimmel Blush in the original square packaging. I'm saying this because while I was at the store, I saw a display with new and updated Rimmel products. I went over and saw blushes in a different kind of packaging. At first, I thought Rimmel was introducing a new blush to its collection. But I looked at them carefully and saw that these new blushes are actually REPLACING the old ones since the names are exactly the same. The new shape is like the Color Rush eyeshadow -- a trapezoid shape that's much smaller. The colors are also a bit different. The reason I chose to buy this old one instead was because the new ones don't seem to have much pigment. When put together side by side, the new "berry" shade is lighter and paler. The same goes for the other updated colors like "Santa Rose" (which my friend loves -- she'll be dissapointed to learn that it will be changed slightly!) and the additional of new colors, like "Peach". Now, I'm just saying that they don't LOOK as pigmented. I'm NOT saying that the new ones are bad. I guess you'll never know unless you try it, right? Oh and by the way, the new ones now have a HINGE holding the lid to the pan! Rimmel has finally answered our problems! Also, I bought this blush because it was on clearance (another reason to believe that these are going to be discontinued soon). For those of you who absolutely love this stuff and cannot live without it, consider stocking up!

So on to my review: First of all, to open this thing, the lid needs to be lifted all the way off. I find this makes it harder to use, especially if you're in a hurry (once, my fingernail scraped part of the surface by accident and another time, I dropped the lid onto the floor and couldn't find it!) But other than that, I love this because it's soo cheap and has a nice healthy shimmer to it. Not too over-the-top though. It's a lovely warm color and the pigment shows up quite nicely. Very natural looking. It's also easy to blend with my blush brush. Will definitely buy again since it's a good drugstore bargain. Hopefully SOON since I don't know if these will really disappear forever.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2007 6:14:00 PM More reviews by i_love_my_jeans

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this blush. Its similar to NARS Sin on me - but Sin tends to loose its colour, and just retain its shimmer after 1 hour on my skin.
Nice warm berry colour. A little goes a long way. Apply witha light hand, or it may look like you have frostbite.
Love the colour, love the price. Packaging is kinda cheap, but you get what you pay for I guess