April 25, 2014 | 1064 users online

Shampoo - Giovanni - Smooth as Silk

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

This is for the OLD formula.
The NEW formula ingredients are: Aqua (purified water), Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Oil*, Valencia Orange (citrus auantium dulcis), Mango (Mangifera Indica)*, Lemongrass (Cymbopogon Schoenanthus)*, Ginkgo Biloba*, Echinacea Angustifolia (echinacea Angustifolia)*, Willow Bark (Salix Alba)*, Sea Kelp (macrocystis pyrifera)*, Chamomile Flower (Chamomila Recruita)*, Soy textured protein*, Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia), Grapefruit (Citrus Grandis), C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate (coconut derived), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Stearate, Dimethicone, Vegetable Glycerin, Polyquaternium 10, Olive Oil, Diazolidinyl Urea, Octyl 4-Methoxy Cinnamate (Sunscreen), Sodium Chloride (Sea Salt), Citric Acid (corn), Fragrance with Essential Oils.

For the OLD formula, it was way too harsh on my hair, and a lot of my hair fell out and was dry after using this. Probably because of the C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, which is harsh for some people.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2012 7:25:00 AM More reviews by julevasquez

Horrible...made my hair very dry and brittle. I did like the smell however.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2012 1:29:00 AM More reviews by LTcurlygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This conditioner seems nice in the shower...meaning it's pretty thick and creamy and feels like it coats my hair well, but I really don't see any benefit after I rinse it out. i want this conditioner to work, because the price is great, but sadly I think I need something more moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 7:27:00 AM More reviews by starspex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

After watching countless YT vids & hearing the hype about this product from all Naturalistas out there I simply HAD to try this. Now I belive the hype i'm a new Giovanni convert. My how felt lovely & springy whilst using this, my afro curls felt so soft & the elasticity in my hair felt great. I had to wash my hair about 10x's to rid it of a hair mask I had made using some Indian herbs & afterwards my hair did not feel stripped thanks to this great product. considering how natural it is it lathers up easily which has always aided as a personal indication that my hair is clean as whenever I initially apply shampoo & my hair is oily it doesn't lather up.

I also have the Leave In conditioner which I love the smell of & has great softening qualities as I'm dealing with dryness & moisture management & it has helped. I've recently ordered a couple more products from this brand, I hope I continue to be impressed. I'm glad I found this brand inkeeping with my current natural product skin/hair journey as it's organic at an affordable price & actually performs well. I'm becoming increasingly convinced that the old adage 'nature knows best' rings oh so true :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by ItsAmandaYall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

At first I thought this was the most amazing thing I've ever tried. It smelled ok, it has a faint smell but didn't my hair smell of it. It lathered amazingly I was surprised how many suds I got. The cap is easy to open and close. The underside of my hair became shiny but not really my whole head? What turned me off of this shampoo is it made me break out behind my ears and on the back of my neck. As much as I love this shampoo I can't deal with the breakouts and the price..I'm used to paying $4 a bottle, for this I paid $8 for the shampoo and another $8 for the conditioner. So $16 a month vs my normal $8.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by DD1969

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've had this shampoo for a few days and so far I love it! I have fine, wavy, highlighted hair and an oily scalp, and I've been on the hunt for a good SLS-free shampoo for about a month now. This is the best I've tried so far. My hair did feel slightly tangly combing it out wet today, but I didn't use conditioner this time. I'm very happy with my hair today - it's soft and not flat or limp. Plus the shampoo smells heavenly!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by JuicyGirlx33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Amazing shampoo- cleanses my hair even though its sulfate-free and makes my hair softer and shinier.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by lizzea

I love the smell of this product and it lathers well and cleans my hair really well. I alternate between this and Unite Eurotherapy, and I really like this as a less pricey alternative. I love the packaging as it takes up less room in my shower caddy! Really lovely product, and I would highly recommend trying this even if you don't have dry or damaged hair, it should be suitable for normal and oily hair too.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by jkangaroo

I have dry hair and over the last two weeks this product has really helped put moisture back into my hair. I use it with the conditioner of the same type. My hair feels very clean without feeling stripped and over the last few weeks my hair feels fuller and healthier.

I bought this for $7.50 at Target with a $1.50 off coupon that came of the bottle (full price: $9). I still consider this price to be relatively expensive since I've used Herbal Essence/Garnier/etc. forever. But, they were really not doing anything good for my hair and I think the price jump has definitely been worth it. Plus, Giovanni is organic and cruelty free. (:

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by natd9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite shampoo. I love it. It really is smooth as silk, and what I have found is that some organic/sulfate-free shampoos don't have a good lather, but that's not the case for Giovanni. It has an amazing lather. I highly recommend this product.