April 17, 2014 | 867 users online

Loose Powders - Anna Sui - Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2007 4:45:00 PM More reviews by shiningb3b3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Too beautiful to be true, the packaging is inevitably what attracted me to purchasing this product from the very beginning! (I bought the mac blot powder before this product, but I still bought this on a shopping frenzy because of..it's packaging!!). I have the black-packaged one. I use the 700 for me NC20-NC25 skintone. It's wonderful rose scent is a signature Anna Sui thing..and the effect makes my skin smell rosy all day long~~ I don't use it very often though, because it doesn't work with my Micabella mineral foundation (which is also powder). Mixing powder foundation with this loose powder gives it a green-ish cake-y effect. So, i just use this product alone on my bare face. It doesn't do much for oil absorption for me as MAC's blot powder does..but overall..I just love this item for it's packaging...so minus one lippie! =)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2007 4:41:00 AM More reviews by kristle

I am using color shade 701 and sad to say, the powder is not fine enough. It does not last and create a cakey, dry complexion look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2007 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Waiting_tx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG loose powder for years. This is in fact called Face Powder by Anna Sui, and I've always used the color 701 for my NC25 tone.

What I like:
It offers adequate coverage as a loose powder.The yellow/biege powder covers my face's redness due to acne scars. Sometimes when I just need to go out of the house for a quick snack, I dust it on for some coverage. Convenient and effective.This is teh biggest PLUS for this item.
It is oil controlling, the best I've used so far. With this I can at least count up to afternoon 3 or 4 pm until I turn into a oil well.
The packaging is very very vintage and gorgeous. it used to be a golden plastic case, now AS has changed it into a purple casing.I love both.
The powder puff is very lovely in AS signature purple color. It picks up the powder easily and allows an even application.
It has a pleasant rose scent, another AS signature feature.
One box has lasted me for two years, eventhough I use it almost everyday and not just once a day. I think it is value for money.

The only minus point I can think of is that the packaging is not travel-friendly, but it makes a good decoration to your table!
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2006 6:43:00 PM More reviews by whataworld

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A little goes a long way with the violette one. It is the best color corrector for nightime. I am a very yellow olive medium complexion. This is the only way I can do victorian pale or my version of it. Also, it is wonderful on the decolletage where I am a bit too sunkissed. Really evens things out, splotchys and freckle-wise.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2006 1:13:00 AM More reviews by tegaladwen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I put this on, I was like "Why the heck would they make something this awful?" It just kind of sticks to the fine little hairs on my face, and sticks to itself, but not to my skin. It just doesn't do anything at all for me. I honestly think putting ground up chalk on my face would be better. It settles into pores, and just looks gross. It doesn't absorb much oil either. The packaging is gorgeous, but that's all that it has to offer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2006 3:44:00 AM More reviews by metropolitaine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm reviewing Anna Sui loose powder #200 (violet). I use this powder sometimes instead of LeClerc's Banane in the evening, because it is *stellar* under incandescent lighting. It makes your face glow and look sort of melting.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2005 10:29:00 PM More reviews by daphn3_t

I love this powder! Great coverage and nice packaging. I love the purple puff that comes with it too!

It makes my skin look so soft and smooth. Keeps my face matte for a longer period of time too. Even my sis got hooked to using this powder. I gave her my container of powder coz there's no way I can finish it! I bought mine like last year, and up till now I've still got abt 50% more!

Lemming for the purple one...

For reference, I'm a 20 Claire for Chanel foundations. I bought #701 for Anna Sui.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2005 12:53:00 AM More reviews by uneek_unique

I got the loose powder in Purple shade. Its more for highlighting & brightening the face. Adds radiance. I use it after my usual loose powder. Its best to use it with a big face brush instead of the signature purple powder puff that comes with it. A little goes a long way. Thus this can last you for long. Comes in Anna Sui's gorgeous packaging, thats another plus point. Nice smell.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2005 2:15:00 AM More reviews by snow_ice

LOVE this package! and that's why i bought this product. The powder is not that good, it's just so hard to control it. I also find that it's too white, there's no right shade for me. Will just keep the package..

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2004 1:22:00 PM More reviews by blabby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

my first mua review!:p i haf e lavender one n i absolutely LOVE IT! it leaves a sheer shimmery finish and 'whitens' yellowish asian tones! my skin won't look dull even aft long hrs aft application!! :D e packaging is really pretty though unsuitable for travel. this is the perfect loose powder for normal skin in my opinion, and i'd definitely buy it again n again!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No