August 30, 2014 | 1776 users online

Top/Base Coats - Orly - In A Snap

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

Dries fast, but my polish cracks after a day. Not chip...crack...like glass. But I understand certain topcoats work differently with different body chemistries. The best one for me is Seche Vite Dry Fast!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 3:36:00 AM More reviews by hoangrl

i found this in NZ in a country town store. it was $5 i think and i was like meh i'll try it out. Mine doesnt look like the picture but its called orly in a snap so i probably got old packaging.
this thing work a treat! after i do my nails i wait a few mins then i apply this and whoa do they dry my nails fast. I usualy going to bed after i do my nails so its not like im going to do house work or dishes after, so i cant comment on how durable my nails are after i my nails dry. However when i wake up my nails are still shiny and they havent smudged in my sleep.
Love how this thing makes my polish SUPER shiny. Im not going to say this thing make my colour chip less, honestly my nails always chip after 1-2nd day from just doing day to day activities. It also make my nails feel hard and thick :) the brush is good and this thing goes on so wonderfuly and easily! fab fab fab!
i have had my bottle for 6 months and it hasnt gone gluggy :) i would so purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 2:42:00 AM More reviews by pandybarez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, so I specifically logged back onto MakeupAlley JUST to talk about this product. I only come on when something is really something special and worth typing about. So here it is... This product I picked up by convenience, not because I knew anything about it... But this has led into a 4 year love affair! Not only does this preserve my nail polish for days/weeks/maybe months? (I haven't tried - I change polish so often, but I'd believe it) but it also provides a super shiny finish that compares to nail salons. It gives nails a thickness as well, much like acrylic nails would (if you're into that thing.) I personally vouch for this product, been using it for a while and have just recently ran out and have purchased two more bottles!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Besitos

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Move over Sech Vite!!! This stuff is just as good as SV, dries your polish quickly, leaves a fabulous shine & it makes your mani last! And more importantly, it doesn't get all thick & goopy on you before you even get to half the bottle (annoying and a waste). Love this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 8:09:00 AM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I think this stuff is pretty good...glides on well, leaves a nice protective shiny coat over my nail polish. I don't notice it pulling on the polish under it, then again I wait a minute after application so it's a little more dry. Keeps my polish looking decent for days. Does a decent job drying my polish, but I'm still careful after doing a manicure anyway. I don't own a lot of quick-dry topcoats but I'd definitely get this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

This product is fantastic because it truly does dry right through all the nail varnish. I apply a base coat, two to three coats of colour and then leave my nails to dry for about a minute before I go over with in a snap. Then after a couple minutes, my nails are dry and smudge proof. Great top coat as well; I'm pretty clumsy so nail varnish chips easily for me but this has extended the life of my nails from 2 days to 4, so I'm pleased. Highly recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by prissy973

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product works pretty well. I'm actuallly using it now to dry off my nails.Their are better ones out their. But it comes in a cute package. It works. I jjust overload every finger till it has a lot of coating Speaking of which I think my nails are done. lol

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Fieruta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff does its job, it does dry very quickly but otherwise I'm a bit disappointed in it. I had read that it's almost as glossy as SV, which I never tried, but it's really not that glossy at all. I never ever had my polish chip in a day or two but that's exactly what happened when I used In A Snap. It works pretty well on top of Orly polishes but not that great with other brands. Sometimes it completely destroys metallic shimmer or even changes the color of the polish. I don't think I'll ever get this top coat again, especially since it's so expensive. I'll have to be more patient instead. lol

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2009 1:28:00 AM More reviews by swedishfishing

I'm really surprised more people don't rave about In A Snap instead of Poshe and Seche Vite-- compared to the two of those, it's much, much easier to use. It doesn't dry quite as quickly as the thicker quick-dry topcoats do, but I've never had to thin it (and I've already refilled my bottle once) and it's texture makes it much easier to control. One of the most annoying quirks of Poshe/SV's thickness (especially when they need to be thinned) is shrinkage; In A Snap doesn't shrink at all, and it's nice not to have to worry about that.

Another kind of neat thing I like about this one is that you can use it over dry polish to "refresh" your manicure, unlike other quick-dry TCs that can only be used over wet polish.

The one drawback in comparison to Poshe (and the reason I still use Poshe about 50% of the time) is dry time. It dries to the touch, but it won't dry your polish rock hard as quickly as other quick-dry topcoats. I combine mine with CND's Dry and Shine for similar dry time to Poshe, but the fact that it requires 2 products for what Poshe does in just one makes it just slightly miss perfection. So close, though!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by loliemoo

Love this top coat! This drys suuuuper fast and does not leave me handicapped for hours waiting for my nails to dry. (I'm naturally a very impatient person and am not willing to sit and do nothing for a long period of time.) This is great! Smells like alcohol, rather than that regular "nail polish" smell, if you know what I mean. Love the frosted glass bottle, its really pretty! Also makes the polish really easy to remove with non-acetone remover. My only gripe with this is that it isn't one of the shinyest top coats and is not the best for protecting against chips/tip wear. Usually what i do is after all the layers are dry, when i have a little free time I put on an extra coat of SH Double Duty base/top coat which gives it that extra shine and durability. Since In a Snap is a pretty thin formula, it you like layering polishes and making designs, when it dries, you will still be able to "feel" the design (the bumps and all) so the SH also helps to fill it in and smooth it out.