December 20, 2014 | 1610 users online

Pressed Powders - Revlon - Colorstay Pressed Powder with SoftFlex

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by missgiselley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this powder! It feels light but gives some coverage, and doesn't look cakey. I bought this in the translucent shade because I'm horrid at picking my own shade for face makeup, and I really enjoy it! It's really silky and satin-y feeling and I wear it alone, without foundation.
Does a great job covering, but still looks natural!
Will definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by NotRichEnough

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use Coty Airspun loose powder to set my foundation, but need a compact in my purse for touch ups during the day. I have super fair skin and bought the translucent shade, which looks chalky and un-natural when I use the puff that came with the powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 11:22:00 AM More reviews by xzombiecourtneyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this and it makes my skin look amazing. The way it feels is fantastic and the packaging is really nice. I don't use sponges that most makeup comes with so if you hate the little sponge/pad thinger ma jig, then just throw it out and use a brush. Plus I feel that pads take my makeup off anyway so that's another reason I don't use them. Anyway, this made my foundation look a little smoother and made my skin soft. My boyfriend likes it for that reason! Hahaha. I don't know how often I could buy this since it's a little higher up there but I will purchase it again in the future. Definitely worth the try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutley LOVE this powder. I use this in Translucent to set my foundation, keeps my oil away all day over my revlon colorstay foundation. Only thing i dislike is it seems like I hit pan very quickly.. not enough product. But this is my HG seting powder for sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by micky887

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one if the worst powders I have ever used the packaging looks and feels really cheap and the sponge you get with it is awful and it smells horrible! It didn't matte my at all I'm really disappointed as it was 10.99 it's not worth the money at all I would rather stick to rimmel a stay matte powder

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Maquillage33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I quite like this pressed powder, I bought it a few weeks ago and have been using it everyday to set my makeup, it holds my makeup in place most of the day but it does start to fade a bit as the day goes on. I'm not sure if I would buy this product again. Plus, I kind of bought it in haste when I was shopping for makeup, I just picked it up and didn't really look at what it said on the package, when I got it to the counter I realised that it was 11.99 which in my opinion is pretty over-priced for a powder, anyway, that's just my opinion , by the way this powder doesn't look cakey when it's on, it looks really smooth, which is about the only thing I like about this product

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by lozzie88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great powder for setting foundation, and it doesn't look cakey. Goes well with revlon colorstay foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by SlmS1992

I am currently using my third Revlon pressed powder and I don't think I am going to change to another brand anytime soon unless something really wins me over. This product gives me a medium coverage, just enough to set my makeup and controls my shine for a few hours. It does not keep my face shine free for 16hrs as it claims so I have my blotting papers on hand at all times. I'm pretty happy with it in terms of coverage and the fact that it doesn't cake up my face. It also doesn't feel like I have stuff on my face which is really good.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by bamnramn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Other Eyes: Blue

i use the revlon colour stay pressed powder in colour light pale.
It is my holy grail powder, and i would never have tried it if i hadnt gotten it as a free gift at revlon when i bought my regular colour stay foundation!

first and foremost, this product is ideal for oily skin, i mean...if you have dry skin you can use it...but there are way more suitable products.
This product does go slightly shiney in the t-zone after about 4-5 hours, but once blotted it is matte again, and if you need to re apply - which lets be honest, us oily skinned people generally NEED to re apply!- it doesn't go cakey or powdery!

i apply this with a general powder brush (napoleon perdis finishing powder brush) as i feel this product looks and lasts better when applied in moderation, because as we all know "less is more!"

Pros;
exact colour to my skin.
doesn't separate/go flakey.
combats oily skin.
shine is minimal (i have oily skin).
powder is sheer but evens out skin tone.
not heavy.
easy to re apply/touch up (if needed) due to sheer formula.
not cakey/powdery if re-appled RIGHT.
oil free.
lots of product.
seperate compartment for sponge (if your into sponges for powder :\).
good lasting power (i can wear this for a whole 10 hours without re applying and look decent).

Cons;
A bit pricey ($40 australian) for a revlon product but whatever..price doesnt matter if its a product that works for you!
packaging is ugly and looks crap and cheap and the mirror is shit...but once again...whatever, as long as the product is good!

Overall i would re purchase. Its the best powder ive tried (others ive tried is MAC blot powder, proactiv translucent mineral pressed powder foundation, DIOR skinforever pressed foundation, MAC studio fix powder) it lasts the longest and combats oily skin the best. I would recommend to people with oily skin who need a long lasting product.

Also, FYI i believe that before i wrote this review, the revlon colour stay powder had a different formula, i am writing this in JUNE 2012 which is the most up to date revlon colour stay powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by curlytals

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

great product !!
NOTICE !!!
IF U ARE CARAMEL IN REVLON COLORSTAY FOUNDATION IN THE OILY/COMBO SKIN FORMULA
THE DARKEST SHADE WILL GO WELL YOUR SKIN TONE ANYTHING ABOVE THAT WILL BE TOO LIGHT !!!!