Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder with SoftFlex

3.7

New version (2011): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Zinc Stearate, Silica, Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyethylene, Octyldodecyl Glycol Grapeseedate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isododecane, TrimethylsiIoxysilicate, Lechithin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Cymidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (Silk), Malva Sylvestris Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Synthetic Sapphire, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) -------------------------OLD VERSION: Talc, Dimethicone, Silica, Nylon 12, Polymethylmethacrylate, Zinc Stearate, Perfluorononyl Octyldodecyl Glycol Meadowfoamate, Polyethylene, Trimethysiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lecithin, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (silk soie), Malva Sylvestris Extract (mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Alumina, Dimethiconol, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI77019), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163)

on 4/11/2013 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This powder really surprised me. I ended up crashing in my mom's hotel room one night when she came to visit, and I had to get up for work the next morning, but I didn't have my makeup bag with me. I used my Nyx concealer in a jar and this. I have not so great skin, there's not a lot of active acne anymore, but I have a lot of redness and marks. I was really amazed with how good this looked with no foundation. I used it for the next few days and had no issues at all. Then I used a liquid foundation, and immediately broke out! Back to this with concealer, and again, no problems. I'm out of my HG Alima minerals, but this is cheaper and does a great job, so I will continue to use it!

PROS: Good coverage
Works great without (or as) foundation
Keeps me shine free most of the day
Easy to touch up if needed
Doesn't break me out
Doesn't break up with oil or flake throughout the day like most things do on my skin
Doesn't look cakey
Transluscent shade works for my super pale skin
Looks like skin/really natural

CONS: No SS, although that might be why it doesn't break me out!
Could be a little cheaper for a drugstore product
You do have to use a bit to get good coverage.

PS I use a brush to apply it, not the puff.

on 1/31/2013 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Absolutely LOVE this stuff! It has completely changed my opinion on powders. I have this in Light/Medium and it suits my winter skin perfectly (NC 20/25). At first I skipped on the sponge/puff and applied with a powder brush and did not see anything special about this product. I was so close to returning it and I am so glad I didn't because it is AMAZING when used with the sponge! My skin looks so soft and it really does improve any makeup look. It also helps tame my oily t-zone for a few hours so I take it with me to blot. The plastic window DID pop out in my makeup bag which is kind of irritating because I was very careful with it, but that does not take away from the product itself for me. I hope this never gets discontinued!

on 1/31/2013 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm surprised I haven't gone out and repurchased this yet. I love this! I used it every day for like a month but then I dropped it and the powder broke and got all over the place, but I loved it so much I saved all I could and turned it into a loose powder and put it in a different container. Since im running out of it now i will definitely pick more up next time I'm at the store!

on 1/27/2013 5:04:00 PM

I really like this powder! It feels light but gives some coverage, and doesn't look cakey. I bought this in the translucent shade because I'm horrid at picking my own shade for face makeup, and I really enjoy it! It's really silky and satin-y feeling and I wear it alone, without foundation.
Does a great job covering, but still looks natural!
Will definitely repurchase!

I use Coty Airspun loose powder to set my foundation, but need a compact in my purse for touch ups during the day. I have super fair skin and bought the translucent shade, which looks chalky and un-natural when I use the puff that came with the powder.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this and it makes my skin look amazing. The way it feels is fantastic and the packaging is really nice. I don't use sponges that most makeup comes with so if you hate the little sponge/pad thinger ma jig, then just throw it out and use a brush. Plus I feel that pads take my makeup off anyway so that's another reason I don't use them. Anyway, this made my foundation look a little smoother and made my skin soft. My boyfriend likes it for that reason! Hahaha. I don't know how often I could buy this since it's a little higher up there but I will purchase it again in the future. Definitely worth the try!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I absolutley LOVE this powder. I use this in Translucent to set my foundation, keeps my oil away all day over my revlon colorstay foundation. Only thing i dislike is it seems like I hit pan very quickly.. not enough product. But this is my HG seting powder for sure.

on 10/17/2012 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is one if the worst powders I have ever used the packaging looks and feels really cheap and the sponge you get with it is awful and it smells horrible! It didn't matte my at all I'm really disappointed as it was 10.99 it's not worth the money at all I would rather stick to rimmel a stay matte powder

on 7/17/2012 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I quite like this pressed powder, I bought it a few weeks ago and have been using it everyday to set my makeup, it holds my makeup in place most of the day but it does start to fade a bit as the day goes on. I'm not sure if I would buy this product again. Plus, I kind of bought it in haste when I was shopping for makeup, I just picked it up and didn't really look at what it said on the package, when I got it to the counter I realised that it was 11.99 which in my opinion is pretty over-priced for a powder, anyway, that's just my opinion , by the way this powder doesn't look cakey when it's on, it looks really smooth, which is about the only thing I like about this product

on 7/13/2012 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Great powder for setting foundation, and it doesn't look cakey. Goes well with revlon colorstay foundation.