July 31, 2014 | 2109 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clarins - Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by xtasteofimpact

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this based on MUA reviews and I was very pleased. It never made my skin breakout, which was major, and with my regular foundation (Benefit Hello Flawless Foundation, Dermablend skin correcting creme as concealer), worked well as a primer.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Yewy20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I do not like this product because it broke me out in painful cystic acne all over my face. It felt heavy and my skin couldn't breathe so before the end of the day, i was already breaking out. It was smooth to touch but i don't think this product is for sensitive acne-prone skin cos it will break you out.

And the packaging is very awkward, you need a small spatula to take the amount needed all the time. I worry the product will lose it's efficacy when opened consistently like that every day. And what happens if you lose the spatula, you'll start using your finger tips and keep transferring bactera back into the jar.

Will not recommend at all!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 7:44:00 AM More reviews by rachelk94

Had a bit of a where have you been all my life moment with this primer! Even by itself my skin looked better it smoothed all my pores out and evened my tone out! My makeup went on so smooth and looked airbrushed and it lasted ages added staying power to my foundation. Love it best results I've seen from a primer! Definitely try

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by hellodionne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's a standard silicone-based primer, I suppose. It doesn't control oil, but it does smooth out the skin and prep the face to make foundation application much easier and smoother. No complains, but no raves here either!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 11:56:00 AM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

If your looking for a product that instantly smooths, evens out tone and reduces the visibility of pores then this could be a winner for you. I do think its better than any other similar products I have tried (as I am really interested in getting rid of my large pores and improving the general appearance of my skin) such as Benefit's That Gal primer, Dr. Feel Good and Porefessional and Clinique pore minimiser. But being someone who is obsessed with skincare, this product definitely feels like a 'make-up' product. It isn't that easy to rub in and I don't really like pulling at my skin in this way. In hindsight, I would rather focus on finding good toners to minimise my pores and keep my skin in better conditioner rather than simply using this product to mask it. But when masking is absolutely necessary this product is at the ready.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by melly845

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good primer and gives a lovely velvety smooth finish to the skin. Makeup lasts all day using this. The only thing I don't like is the jar packaging (unhygienic and annoying to get your hands into the small jar) and it is a bit pricey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by lmande

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this and use it daily. Even before I put my makeup on my skin looked better. It really helps if you have a problem with makeup settling in pores. This prevents that beautifully. Interesting story from the Clarins rep. She said a man was 'circling' the Clarins counter and she finally asked if she could help him find something. He said he was going to a job interview and needed something to cover a piercing. She brought out this and applied it over the small hole and he bought it on the spot. I'll continue to use this. For days that you don't wear makeup it greatly improves the look of your skin.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I don't know... I just don't know... It kind of makes my pores less visible but wrinkle-wise it just doesn't really do anything for me. As I don't use foundation I was hoping this would do a little bit more blurring than it does, with BB cream on top it is okay, but I'm doubting if I will repurchase this. It does too little for the money it costs (€25 here in the Netherlands). But I will continue experimenting with this to make it work for me :)!
UPDATE: I use this with Max Factor's Facefinity compact on top now. Finally I see the pro's of this stuff! The combination really makes my pores almost invisible.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I can't really tell whether this product is doing anything special for me. It's not a bad product by any means, but it's not great either.

I find it very similar to L'Oreal Studio Secrets primer in the glass jar, but may be just a tad bit softer and more blendable.

I use it around my mouth where I have some 'smile lines' and old acne scarring. I also use it around my nose and between my eyebrows but I've started to break out specifically in those areas, so I've quite using this for now.

I don't necessarily see any difference with how my makeup wears when I use this or when I don't.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by janetbustamante

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this product!!!!! It´s my favorite primer ever, really! I have tried benefit, smashbox, clinique, and other brands and clarins smooth perfecting touch is the best one far away.
I have combination skin, it doesn´t brake me out, controls oil in my nose super well, it leaves like a veil in my face and my make up stays perfect all day long. What can I say? Just buy it it is much more better than benefit pores prof.