October 23, 2014 | 1180 users online

Moisturizers - Christian Dior - Capture Totale Multi-Perfection Creme

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2008 3:29:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

I thing this is the most expensive skin care product I ve ever bought.150 euros for1,7oz.Has nice texture very velvety.For my oily skin this product is way too oily and heavy but that s not products problem because its not a skin care product for oily skins Its a creme for drier skins.So I wear this moisturizers only at nights and mostly the cold winter days.The thing that I cant stand about this product is the scent,smells nice but smells A LOT almost like a perfume and I really dont know If that is good for the skin.The thing that made me buy this moisturizer was the ingredients list,from all the dior products this one has the best ingredients but then I thought that this comes in a jar so the good ingredients will disappear the moment you open the jar INGREDIENTS:Aqua (Water), Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Oil, Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Steareth-21, Cetearyl Glucoside, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Cocoglycerides, Cyclopentasiloxane, Parfum (Fragrance), Dimethicone, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Methylparaben, Cetyl Palmitate, Decyloxazolidinone, Sorbitol, Coco-Glycerides, Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tromethamine, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Protein, Algin, Faex (Yeast Extract), Calcium Pantetheine Sulfonate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethiconol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Magnesium Aspartate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Paeonia Albiflora Root Extract, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Root Extract, Potentilla Erecta Root Extract, Plankton Extract, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3, Limonene, Cellulose Gum, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Extract, Fagus Sylvatica Extract, Aframomum Angustifolium Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, BHT, Citronellol, Geraniol, Linalool, Diacetyl Boldine, CI 14700 (Red 4), Sodium Metabisulfite, Tocopherol.Finally I found this product as a moderate moisturizer for normal-dry skin.I have to say though that this product is probably Diors best moisturizer

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2008 9:49:00 AM More reviews by mmhilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the smell, and the cream does not irritate my skin, or leave a greasy film. The product does sink right in. My face was smooth after, so why the 3 lippie?? It was not as impressive as the Lancome and Clarins face day and night creams that I use, and costs the same. So, out the door Dior!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2008 6:34:00 AM More reviews by Anixiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I received a small jar of this with a GWP. Used this every night and it lasted several months. I don't have an issue with the fragrance i found the fragrance acceptable. This leaves my skin so smooth and soft in the morning. It makes all the little bumps on my face (that appear during the day) disappear in the morning. The full size of this product is very expensive however, and I have learnt that the Totale range is for aged 40+. The sales told me I don't need to use this just yet but i would buy it again if it is not so pricey

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2008 10:15:00 PM More reviews by devochka

I am surprised to read bad reviews about this product (Capture Totale Multi Perfection Cream). I bought it because I had very bad acne scars, and nothing could reduce them. I tried liquid collagen, AHAs, and lots of other stuff I won't even mention. Well, this was the only product to plump up my pitted scars, even though it was not indicated for that (I would've never even think to buy it if I didn't have a chance to try it for fun at some wealthy woman's bathroom). It did wonders right away and I ran to Bloomingdales next day to buy it. Moreover, it made the scar area so smooth and soft overall, elastity has improved dramatically (I only use it for a couple of weeks), never made me break out and seems like it makes my skin less oily (I love the texture!!!). I am also surprised that some reviewers didn't like the smell. I think it's gorgeous!!! Sometimes I even open the jar and indulge myself in this aromatherapy, without using the cream. The price? Well, it's expensive but it's a HUGE jar, so it will last me a year at least. Now the conclusion: I think that if this cream could smooth years old horrible scars and give the area the elastity of baby skin, smoothing wrinkles would be such an easy task for this cream. It will definitely give your skin firmness and plumpness without greasiness and clogging.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2008 12:25:00 PM More reviews by gracielet

Bottom line: I can't tell you what this stuff did to my skin because the overwhelmingly strong, grandmother's dressing table scent from this stuff was so overwhelming that I only used it a couple of times. Why would they make it smell like this?? Are they trying to mask the smell of some incredibly stinky but miracle-working chemicals that are in the formula? WHY?

A sales associate at Macy's talked me into buying the whole Capture Totale lot - the serum, eye product, this creme, possibly some other things I now don't recall. I have not had a skin care regime since I used Laszlo for my very oily skin back in graduate school. My skin looks better now than it ever did (people frequently compliment me on it and want to know what I use, what foundation ,etc., and usually I am wearing no makeup.) is mostly normal, sometimes a little oily when it is hot, or a little dry in cold weather. I really have no wrinkles, some very very fine lines around my eyes - don't know what possessed me to plop down $400-$500 on this stuff.

I returned it without opening it. Then I bought a "starter set" that came with a full sized creme, and very small size serum and eye treatment.

I think the serum is not as stinky but haven't checked it recently.

Honestly, you can barely taste your food if you have this smelly stuff on your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2008 10:59:00 PM More reviews by lolemily

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an anti-aging product, and I'm only fourteen, so I can't comment on any aspects like that, BUT.

Recently I had a sore, irritated dry patch of skin under my eye, that refused to go away and felt very, very awful. It stung when make-up was applied and when I washed my face. As a last resort I applied a small dab of this cream and immediately I felt it penetrate the surface of my skin, plumping and moisturising - my skin felt GREAT! I don't use this all over my face, but I have thin-skin on my cheeks that are very dry so I use it there and they feel absolutely amazing. A gorgeous, cool tingle on my skin and a few layers below, plumping and moisturising and making my face feel absoloutely great. I reccommend to anyone with dry patches, or with combo skin to put on the dry areas. It feels so great! After just using it twice on my dry patch, the patch is totally gone and that part of the face I put on feels much better than the part that didn't have it on it - absolutely amazing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2008 7:05:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I love Dior in make up, but lately the skincare has been disappointing!
I had a series of samples of this cream from my Beauty advisor, that recommended me the latest formulation of this one Capture. Well, I have to start saying that I have a normal /combo skin /typical T-zone and no allergies of any kind.
I have put his one at night, after its serum (I had this also in sample). When I woke up the next morning I felt my skin somehow strange; I looked up in the mirror and dear God… I saw a disaster: My face was all swollen and red and my eyelids!! my god … you could not see my eyes, like I had been punched! Plus several white heads all over! I was in total panic… so I washed up with fresh cold water and after I put some chamomile compresses to reduce redness & swelling. Luckily this happened on a Sunday morning otherwise I would have not been able to get out and go to work!! It took me the entire day to have a decent face again.
I guess I must be allergic to some ingredient they have put inside (either the cream or the serum, a this point I do not know which one was so nasty on me) , or simply the product is low quality (too much advertising, a big testimonial are expensive things… then thy much save on something and this is of course quality!!) I have thrown away the remaining samples & for sure I’ll never buy that stuff.
Please beware the ones of you that have sensitive skin or are allergic!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2008 4:29:00 AM More reviews by tgctgarrett

I've been on a quest for the perfect anti-ager. Lo & behold, I think I found it in Capture Totale! I bought the R 60/80 sample size jar on Ebay and, although iI loved what it did for my wrinkles & pores, the texture was just a bit rich for my combo, schizoid skin. Well I received the deluxe (.52 oz) sample size of Totale in an awesome swap (thank you rosina!) as an extra & loooooved what it did for me in one application--minimized my garage-door-size pores, significantly softened my forehead lines and even worked a minor miracle on my (I think) very noticeable "I-Want" line between my brows. I now go into minor panic mode when i see a jar getting empty, that's how much I love this stuff (and please trust that I was prevously VERY fickle with anit-agers, changing brands within a month or two). I can see where maybe this wouldn't provide enough moisturization for drier skin types, but for me, this is HG material.
PS: I gotta brag here a minute--I believe full-size is $115-$125 for 1.7 oz. I just got 5 of the .52 oz jars (a little over 2.5 oz) on ebay with a bonus Dior Beauty set of makeup bags for about $50 with s/h included. So if the price is a little steep for you (as it is for me), try buying from Ebay or check your swapboards for sample jars up for swap.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2008 1:30:00 PM More reviews by nyomya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this cream when I didn't have any wrinkles but I was very stressful at that time. The SA from Dior counter at Macys' recommended this cream to me. I like the scent and texture but my skin was the same, full with acnes and very oily. No improvement with this cream. I didn't really understand about choosing the right skin for my type. What a waste of money. It was over 4 years ago. I treated my acnes with BC pills and am now still oily with 5 wrinkles in total :) I'd rather spend Olay Regenerist with 1/4 of the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2008 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Keeshond

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have only used the sample jar I got with a Sephora purchase. But my short period of time with this product was awesome! It was a short period of time for an anti-aging product, but that tiny jar lasted a couple months. This cream evened out my circles under my eyes (not completely, but significantly) and my oily, dry, and ruddy areas of my face - something that nothing has ever done. My skin looked plumped. It was neither oily nor sticky. I have sensitive skin, but this never bothered mine. I rarely break out, and this, also, did not break me out. I feel like it would have done wonders for my wrinkles on my forehead and corners of my eyes if I had been using a full-sized jar. I will eventually purchase this. I am also keeping in mind what another user said about others not getting results, which is that this cream is to be USED IN CONJUNCTION with the serum. I was greatly impressed, and will shell-out the money when I can :)