Almay Wake Up Call Energizing Makeup SPF 15

2.4

on 7/24/2004 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

A while ago I had run out of my covergirl foundation and was looking to try something different. I was at eckerd and saw this on clearence for $2.75! It was a steal so I bought it. I really like this foundation. I only use a tiny bit on my face to even out flaws so that my skin looks more natural. It gives me skin a glowy finish. I also love the pump bottle. I took away one lippie because it stings if I get it near my eyes - I guess because of the ingredients. Other than that it gives me a nice natural finish. Will repurchase unless I find something I like better.

on 7/18/2004 1:00:00 PM

Lovely colour, and smelt nice too but doesnt keep shine down. Does even out imperfections well but perhaps only good for normal/dry skin. Didnt last the day however its a good generous amount for around £10.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this foundation, especially in the winter months. It DOES have a shimmer to it as well as full coverage. If you use a light-hand, you will receive many compliments as to how lovely your skin looks. I changed nothing else and have received many wearing this foundation. However if you use too much, you are going into mask-land. The pumpt bottle is a plus.

on 5/22/2004 6:02:00 PM

I had just bought this product @ Eckerd last night, and came home and read the reviews. Before even trying it, I returned it today, since the reviews were so bad. Thanks MUA! (I needed that extra money, anyway).

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

simply one of the worst foundations i've ever tryed...infact it IS the worst! all their sahdes are literally YELLOW which make me look like im about to puke. seriously...give a yellow tint. i have it in the same shade with another foundation (skin clearing blemish healing or somthing like that) and that is exactly the same shade...looks the same...but when they go on....wake up call is yellow! wtf?? this confuses me. does not make me look any more refreshed and feels oily but does NOT rub off. makes me really mad because i put it on and went out..and when i looked in the mirrow about and hour ago i was horrified! the only good thing about this is the punp packaging. please, no one waste your money on this product from hell

on 5/1/2004 4:00:00 PM

Ick. Splotchy and smelly. You the only reason this is energizing is because you really wake yourself up with the frustrating energy it takes to get this junk on.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got this foundation last summer. I dont know if I was just really tan but it matched me really well. it didn't really do much to help me "wake up"- all it did was help my skin be one color.. Then I stopped using it cause it was too hard to put on (i like powder better) and then I used it again and it was way too dark. So yeah, I wouldn't buy it again. it doesn't really do anything.

Poo. This is so orange i look like a sick rat-bitten pumpkin..Goes on greasy, packaging is oOok besides the fact that the product is crusty when you pump it 1st. $9.99=TOO MUCH..all i need to say is that i look like im wearing a halloween mask and POO!

on 3/22/2004 8:49:00 AM

This is awful foundation, I can't believe it made it to market, did they test it first? Pros: 0, Cons: 3 Con #1:The consistency of this is so odd, it goes on greasy yet cakey, is totally artificial looking and masklike. Con #2: The "wake up" to this is simply minty/methol-y ingredients that tingle but don't really burn and make my eyes water Con #3: I broke out horribly with this. I had started using w/a new cream and thought it was probably the cream, since I had never broke out with a foundation before. Wrong! Stopped using the cream-still broke out. Stopped using this foundation-stopped breaking out. I'm talking horrible breakouts here, very unusual for me; and not 1 or 2, more like waking up daily with 5 new pimples, at least 2 which would be cystic.

on 3/18/2004 7:14:00 PM

Love the package and the little cap that prevents the pump from being pressed. However the foundation is horrible...doens't mix with oil and forms rubber-like gunk, esp after I put on moisturizer. I usually don't have that problem with other foundations. It isn't water proof either..so i realy don't know what good can it do. I bought it in sale price, and I wish i didn't spend that money at all!

edited: just try again with foundation brush...result is a lot better! It actually brightens up my face as if it has shimmers in it. Great! :)