October 24, 2014 | 906 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 6:56:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought my 1st tube of this last year and only used a couple of times as i felt it made me shiny after a few hours. Since then i have been using the Bobbi Brown BB cream with a few gripes here and there but generally happy. However, over the past couple of colder months i was noticing that the BB cream was clinging to my dry patches (around my nose and chin) and not blending too well. I tried a couple of things such as primer before applying and also moisturiser before applying. These helped but not a great deal.

So i dug my LM tinted moisturiser out and thought let's give this a go as i remember it applying quite nicely. Well i have found my HG product now and will not be going back to the Bobbi Brown BB cream :-)

The LM tinted moisturiser blends like a dream - i use the sigma 180 brush - and you don't need much for a medium coverage. I use this most days and only use foundation for special ocassions/long days/nights out. I do have good skin but this gives you a little bit of a glow and looks so natural. To be honest it's a product that makes your skin look like skin but just much better. You never look caked. I apply to clean skin and then apply powder on top - at the moment i am applying BB's brightening nudes finishing powder over the top as it is very light and adds a subtle glow. I will probably use my mattify powder over the top when summer comes as my skin will be oilier in the heat.

The selction of colours is now greater than ever so everyone should be able to find a match :-)

The best product out there in my opinion for oily ladies who want light - medium coverage for eveyday wear or who just want a nice natural coverage. You do get a little oily but i find that i only need to blot once in the day which i can cope with. With SPF 20 included you can't go wrong. It is a little on the pricey side but cheaper in comparison to the Bobbi Brown BB cream so i will continue to repurchase.

Looking forward to trying some of her other products now!!! x

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Hoyman

I bought mine today at Sephora in color Natural. If I would order this on line I will never buy this color the color look way way darker on line. I like it for now the color match me perfectly. I give it 5 stars for now will see how it perform in summer months. This tinted moisturizer is not a full coverage foundation, but good light coverage need concealer in problem areas. This tinted moisturizer is a satin finished. I like it for now will update in summer months. This tinted moisturizer does not oxidize on my skin. Which is very good. I'm a fan on her foundation now. I wear eye cream, Shiseido urban sunblock, Urban Decay brighten primer and LM tinted moisturizer I skip my regular moisturizer in the morning. Doesn't make my face too oily. Very happy. Update; 4/7/14, went to Sephora and got me another tube. Still love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by BoandChica2

While I wouldn't buy this again, I gave it four lippies because it may just not be right for me. This is literally the first tinted moisturizer that I liked and thought looked great on. That being said, my skin has really reacted to this...in a bad way. After about 4 days of use, my skin has broken out and gotten dry/patchy. And I have oily skin. I thought it was strange that none of the sunscreen ingredients are familiar to me. Is that just me? Anyhow, I'm very disappointed bc I so liked how this looked on and how it held up. Just not for me :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you're a fan of the original TM, do not try the Oil-Free version. I wanted an oil-free TM to wear in the summer because sometimes I do break out with the original TM, especially during hot weather. Buyers beware! The oil-free formula is very different. It's very thick and hard to blend, unlike the original which is light and smooth. The colours are also different. Nude is a perfect match for me in the original, in the oil-free version it is much darker. I did not find this TM comfortable to wear. Instead I invested in a primer to wear underneath the original TM. Will not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2014 8:01:00 AM More reviews by CharleneUK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hi all, this is my first review. I'll start off by saying that I have eczema, but I do not regularly have flares on my face. I do not tend to use more than lip liner/lip gloss and eye liner so buying a tinted moisturizer was my first dip into coverage.

It started off well, I was amazed by the light 'Barely there' coverage that allowed me to have more confidence, and the ease of applying it. I wore it three days straight, with seemingly no issues, however, on the fourth day, I was met with an aggressive rash on my forehead and the corner of my nose. Very disappointed!! The rash areas were drier than I've ever seen my skin and the rash took 8 days to disappear.

Does anyone know what could have caused this and might I have better luck with the oil version?? Some people who have more knowledge of the ingredients in this moisturizer might know what a common irritant is!?

Any help much appreciated! I really loved it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by amelieinny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a simple makeup routine and am obsessed with letting my skin breathe (and hydrated) at all times to maintain a natural complexion (but, who are we kidding. It takes makeup to look au natural!). I had been content with my daily moisturizer all of my life and I have never had much problems with my skin (the occasional pimple from a night out overindulging in diet, lack of sleep, and the monthly visit from Aunt Flo). I began using LM Nude three years ago in need of upgrading the makeup routine as I entered the workforce. Foundation was not worth it for me – it felt too heavy and too big of a departure from my simple moisturizer days.

This product not only balanced out the color of my face, but there was an enhanced ‘natural’ sheen to my skin – the light reflects off the product really well and I’ve noticed a difference (subtle, but it’s there) in pictures. Use this to get that radiating smoothness to the face rather than to combat or conceal blemishes and dark circles (I use a separate product for that). I use this product across all seasons (in the fall/winter, I will apply a non-tinted moisturizer first and blend with LM. My own bb cream if you will). Love that there is SPF in here, and the packaging makes the moisturizer very easy to apply and carry around.

This tinted moisturizer is the perfect in-between solution for someone who wants to avoid the cake-y feeling of foundation, but wants the benefit of getting that polished natural look. I have also tried Korean bb creams, and have even found them smothering at times.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by phobeh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This tinted moisturizer is really flawless. It goes on smoothly and has a beautiful finish. I've been using it for about 2 months and it hasn't made me break out at all. The only reason I give it 4 stars is because it does tend to get a bit oily throughout the day, but it isn't anything a little powder won't fix!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by orangepillow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I repeatedly buy this product (in fact I always keep two tubes of this, one for travel).

Pros:
Great for Sensitive Skin - no breakouts
Goes on easily and can be blended with clean fingers
Super light, just like a moisturizer, great for daily use
Provides light coverage - but I always compliment with a concealer + loose powder to set

Cons:
If you do not use a concealer underneath/over, this might not cover red blemishes well

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Kayyy45

I really wanted to love this because I heard so many great things about it. I went to sephora and got a sample to take home and try to make sure I liked it before I spent 43 dollars on it. I tried it right when I got home and well... I kind of hate it. It is a NASTY texture, and not thin or creamy enough to blend all over. You have to use a lot to cover the whole face because it doesn't smooth all over the face. Also, when I touch my face with this stuff on it feels really gross and comes off on my fingers. I will not be buying this... I'm glad I got the sample.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by garasaki619

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an okay product. I have very oily skin and it doesn't help at all! It is a bit pricey too. I do find myself needing to blend a lot with my fingers and to finish it off with powder. It does its job as a 'tinted moisturizer' but not an 'oil-free' product.