April 16, 2014 | 1397 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2013 5:17:00 AM More reviews by zayasays

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this legendary TM. I've been using medium to full coverage foundations for the past few years and wanted a lighter alternative. I'm so glad I managed to snag a sample jar because this broke me out HORRIBLY. Wanted to try it out for a week but after two days, my face was a nightmare. Painful bumps all over.

I was disappointed because I liked the finish so much more than the NARS Tinted Moisturizer (which basically does nothing for you). This TM had ample coverage (enough to even out your skin tone - won't cover any blemishes or marks, though!) and the dewy finish that I was looking for. Great packaging as well. Mind you, though, it certainly oils up after a few hours so you'd definitely have to blot or powder.

Also grabbed a sample of the original version but I don't want to risk it anymore. Sensitive skinned ladies, stay away!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2013 6:20:00 AM More reviews by Ryanne

I bought one 4 years ago and ended up giving it to my sister cause it made my combination skin too oily. just a few months ago, I thought I'd give it another try and splurged again.:-( I use the primer from the same brand before I apply the "OIL FREE" tinted moisturizer hoping it'd work this time. BUT!!! still it makes my face look like you can fry an egg on it!!! waaaaah!!!:-(

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Mimichat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't know if I will repurchase this when I will finish it up. I quite loved it for a time, it was great in summer, look pretty natural and does not cause anything bad for my combination skin. The product is quite great by itself, and it also have an SPF 20 which is great. But as the end of the summer I didn't felt like wearing this anymore on an everyday basis. The price is certainly the main reason to not buy it again, cause or a product I liked but do not need, I think 45$ bucks is quite a nice amount. But I liked it I have to say. But some lightweight drugstore foundation or BB cream satisfied me quite as much so, will no longer be my HG product. (Please notice I was searching for a lightweight base and natural looking, that I hate cakey feeling on my face and that I am not really into full coverage foundation - in fact it felt just a little too heavy on my skin with the summer temperature) I also have to say that the shades selection is amazing! In brief, it is a good product, but not a amazing one in my opinion.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2013 8:02:00 AM More reviews by ero2t

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

In general I love Laura Mercier's products and I find that the shades of her foundations match my skin--good neutral beiges that tone down redness but aren't overly yellow (N.B. I'm not jaundiced Bobbi!) I was excited to try this as I loved the shade (Bisque) and for the first hour of application my skin looked and felt semi-matte and clear. However, that was the high point. As the day progresses, my skin seems to get more and more oily so much so by the afternoon I feel dirty and claggy and want to wash my face. I've also noticed over the last week or so that my skin seems almost lumpy underneath and I've developed spots in places I haven't seen a pimple since I was 15 (forehead and chin). I'm blaming this product. Oh, and another weird thing is that when you first apply it, it seems to grab hold and "stick" to any dry healing patches. For example where a previous spot is healing, the product almost seems to react and form a little white substance on the area. Odd.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've used and loved the original TM for years but wanted to give this a try as well. I can't believe how different the two are. This is thicker, more difficult to blend, much creamier, and feels heavy on my skin. The denser texture spreads oddly and unevenly and looks like makeup rather than naturally nice skin. Slightly shiny finish that looked a little greasy. Setting it with loose powder only seems to enhance the thick texture and make everything look more cakey than it already looks. I tried applying with fingers and with a foundation brush and both techniques gave me the same result. I wore it all day (while I was around the house) and was happy to wash it off at the end of the day, and even happier that it was a day spent doing chores and such and I didn't have to go out in public wearing this stuff.

It smells so strong too. Have you ever opened up a brand new plastic blow-up beach ball or air mattress and noticed that incredibly strong, chemical plastic scent when you pull it out of the wrapper? Nothing else in the world smells like that except for those types of products... and this TM. I swear that to my nose, they are one and the same. I've never used a more offensive smelling cosmetic item in my life. Unbearably awful.

For the record, my skin is normal, occasionally dry due to allergies, and generally very good as far as tone and texture goes. Not acne prone at all but I am sensitive. I like a sheer coverage with a natural or luminous finish.

So I only used this one time and can't give details on how it wore on me over the course of months or anything, but nothing could induce me to wear it a second time.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2013 2:44:00 AM More reviews by 8ar8ie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For anyone that's looking for non-comedogenic make-up, LM is not one of the brands. Do the research. I just recently found out that after a year of using this product, this contains Ethylhexyl palmitate, which is rated a 4 (5 rating the highest as pore clogging ingredient) on the pore clogging list. I actually just threw all her facial products away after reading all the ingredients.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by madcancer7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought it at a whim after a sales assistant applied it on my face. Granted it looked really good just after she applied it on my face, that's why I bought it. However as I continued shopping, it started to feel heavy on my face like I had a mask plastered on my face. When I reached home, I looked into the mirror and saw that there was nothing left on my face. It felt as though I didn't applied anything on my skin. The coverage was no longer there as though it had disappeared! This coming from a tinted moisturizer that has a creamy texture and had felt previously heavy on my face.

I returned the unopened tube to the counter 2 days later and exchanged it for the Shiseido sun protection liquid foundation in SPF 43. Oh did I mention, the laura mercier tinted moisturizer costed SGD 69!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great finish for first hour, turned me into an oil slick after 1 hour and throughout day. It lasts, good colors, my skin just got too darn greasy. NOT 'dewy'. Powdered and everything. This and the regular version do not work for my skin. Oil free even worse. Ironically. Returning. FYI: HG homemade TM: equal parts Clinique dramatically different moisture GEL (not lotion, Gel) mixed w MAC pro longwear concealer. Sounds weird, but it dries matte in like 2 seconds and stays that way all day without the powder fest. MUST TRY if skin is combo/oily.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Niliak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It's a good tinted moisturizer but in my opinion it's not worth the amount of money I paid for it. It doesn't have much coverage but it does improve my overall complexion. It's quite hard to blend probably because it's oil free. I usually set it with powder after applying. I won't buy it again mainly because I feel it's not worth the money. I could easily buy a really good BB cream with half of the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by celestesong

I tend to keep my make up routine really simple; I live in a very hot climate and in the dead of summer I just have no desire to plaster on layers of make up on my face. I've been turning to tinted moisturizers more frequently and heard that Laura Mercier's version was the cream of the crop.

I don't know if I would rate this the best product of it's kind, even though for the price it certainly should rank up there. It absorbs well, but it also usually leaves a significant sheen on my face, meaning I have to usually apply an additional mineral powder to balance it out. And I also think the SPF in it is not that effective. It provides slightly better coverage than my drugstore Aveeno Positively Radiant tinted moisturizers, but honestly, considering it's more than double the price of those products, it's not really worth it.

In short, if you're going to shell out for a tinted moisturizer, I'd recommend trying a sample of the Chanel Hydramax or the Dior version, which is similarly priced to the Laura Mercier.