Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

3.5

Active Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate. Ingredients- Water, Disiloxane, Peg-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Boron Nitride, Jojoba Esters, Magnesium Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Squalane, Laryl PCA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnammate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearrate, Disodium Edta, PPG-15, Stearyl Ether, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizinate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77492), Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Iron Oxide (CI 77499)

on 10/24/2014 12:30:00 PM

doesn't break me out and I've quite acne prone skin!

on 9/20/2014 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I really like this product. I got this from Bloomingdales, the BA matched the shade for me. She picked the shade natural and ochre for me at first, ochre is too yellow for me and natural is perfect but because my face is darker than the rest of my body, it would look quite orange. So the color bisque which has more neutral undertones would be better. So I got the shade bisque.

For the price, I agree it's pricey, but you only need a little for the whole face.

It's quite buildable, usually I add a little bit more around the nose to cover the redness. The coverage is light, to cover mild acne scars and redness around the face. It doesn't crease especially on the drier areas like the under eye area.

The finish is dewy-er than expected, but it gives you a nice healthy glow and the illusion as if you don't wear anything on your face. Use a little powder to make it less shiny, I use their loose powder which is also really nice. The staying power is superb, I use this at 5 AM and went out all day, and even until 7 PM it still look amazing, and I didn't even touch up!

And of course, this doesn't cause any break outs on my sensitive skin. Which is the thing I look for in a product. So sensitive skin or allergy prone skin can give this a shot (but remember to read the ingredients too).

Overall I really recommend this product! It's long lasting, has value for money, sensitive skin friendly :)

on 9/8/2014 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my absolute go to product and it lasts me foreverrrr. I use it every day and hardly ever run out. I have repurchased this product once before so I am now on my second bottle. I began using this product a little over a year ago and i am still in love with it every time. I can not go without it. Sometimes it goes on a little thicker than other days, so I will just put on a natural moisturizer underneath to help move the product around. It has never and will never break me out. I have recommended this to so many friends and family members!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Overall, I enjoyed my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. It's great for a clean, natural look. Even though it's expensive, I felt like it lasted long enough to justify the price. I would buy it again, but I think I'll try some other light coverage foundations first.

on 8/31/2014 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have been using the tinted moisturizer on or off for about 9 months. I have acne and oily-combi skin. The color that is use is tawny.

This has great coverage in evening out uneven skin tone and redness from my pimples. However, I live in a humid and tropical country and this can slide and sweat off in a few hours. I usually wear this when the weather is a bit cooler. Zero oil control, I need to blot after 6 hours which is not bad. Did not control oil nor add oil to my face.

This product did not cause acne, blackheads or cogestion. This can transfer to your clothes so please be careful :P

Color is top notch, natural looking, perfect skin effect!

on 8/14/2014 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I've been using this tinted moisturizer on and off for at least 6 months now. It's been on and off becasuse I have a wandering eye and because I'm still a little on the fence about this product.

I keep coming back to this little guy because it evens out my skintone and does NOT BREAK ME OUT out (which seems to be a down right miracel when it comes to bases).

I'm on the fence about it because it's nothing magical. I find that it's NOT VERY BUILDABLE so I do need a concealer for some hyperpigmentation here and there.

It also is NOT OIL CONTROLLING but it doesn't cause extra oil either. I get a little greasy but I'm alright with having to blot my face. Top it off with powder and things should be manageable

Note that it DOES OXIDISE! I have the colour tawny which is far far too light out of the tube but oxidises to my perfect skintone (NC42-44).

One thing I do love about it is that after the oxidation it is my PERFECT COLOUR and for the first time ever I don't have to mix foundations, so it's great for OLIVE undertones.

Also, it's very QUICK and EASY to apply. I use a buffing brush. I top it off with a little concealer and then I'm set.

It's also MOISTURIZING and keeps any flaking from dry patches at bay. Even though I have combination skin, patches of my skin can get quite dry and tight through the day and this keeps everything comfortable.

In conclusion, I like it, I'll keep using it, I'll probably repurchase it but I'm not in love. I'll also probably stay on the lookout for something that controls oil better, is more buildible, but still the perfect colour match. Ha! For now, this is good.

Recommended for,
acne prone skin (most things breaks me out or makes me more oily)
olive undertones
someone who likes an easy routine but also doesn't need heavy coverage
those with fairly well behaved skin

Definitely get a sample or two due to the oxidation problem.
[I wanted to give it a 3.5 but I'm rounding up to a 4]

on 8/13/2014 9:37:00 PM

I have an oily t-zone and wanted something that would just even out my skin a bit, nothing full coverage. I love how it looks on me, it's great at evening out my skin! I just need to add some concealer on my under eyes and on any zits if I have any. It doesn't do a great job at keeping you shine free but it does help a bit. However I feel that if I set it with powder it makes my t-zone oilier! It also lasts a long time. I have repurchased this before as it does a great job at evening out my skin and doesn't break me out. However since I've started college and have become more wary of my money, I would say this isn't worth the $40. There are plenty of other cheaper products out there to even out skintone.

on 8/6/2014 6:36:00 PM

It is ok at best. The quality and ingredients are superior, but the "look" or the end result is comparable to drug store brands. I prefer to invest a little more for Chanel. A less expensive brand that is actually surprisingly great is the Younique BB Cream. I am not a presenter. I tried the products at a party, and I gotta say I very much liked the BB cream. Of course, I had to research it extensively and I'm pleased with the ingredients and lack of harsh chemicals. But still, nothing beats Chanel.

on 8/4/2014 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is worth the hype! I got the sephora flawless face kit and I love it. The tinted moisturizer works well with my oily skin. Paired with her primer it helps minimize my large pores and gives a natural finish that isn't too matte. Lasts all day. Gives buildable coverage that never looks heavy or cakey. Feels lightweight.

on 7/11/2014 3:23:00 PM

I opt for this over foundation during the hotter months because I like how it's so light (in fact, I may keep this part of my everyday makeup routine). It makes my skin look dewy and gives me a nice summer glow.

It does, however, accentuate my oily nose, which would definitely be a deal breaker with any other foundation, but it actually helps me achieve that dewy, glowing finish.

It is a designer brand, so it's a bit pricey, but a little goes a long way and it seems to last me several months.