GOSH Velvet Touch Eyeliner

on 8/15/2012 5:30:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

In my ongoing search for a HG eyeliner, I've found a felt tip liner that is great for the top lid but so far, a suitable eyeliner for my waterlines that doesn't slip off after the first hour or so has been difficult.

Step in, GOSH Velvet Touch Eyeliner. After reading some incredibly positive reviews on MUA, I took the plunge and I am so glad that I did.

I have this in black and the pigment is perfect - its as dark as you could want. It applies easily and quickly, giving great definition to the eyes.

My main concern is always staying power and this liner definitely has it! I work in a very warm office which causes all my other kohl liners to disappear and re-appear underneath my eyes but this one is still framing my eyes, even after a very long day! It only takes a cosmetic wipe to remove because cleanser alone hasn't removed it properly so far.

Unlike other liners I've bought, my sensitive eyes have not started itching or being irritated when this has been worn on my waterline.

The price is very reasonable (4.99 in Superdrug at the moment) and is certainly at the lower end of the price range.

All in all, this is close to being my HG waterline eyeliner. Definitely worth a purchase.

on 7/27/2012 6:15:00 AM

Absolutely LOVE. This is definitely the best pencil I've ever used.

The most redeeming qualities of this would be:

the PRICE - pretty much dirt cheap compared to any other decent liner out there, and for some weird reason they are always on a buy-one-get-one-free sale. I get this for 88HKD each when it's not on sale.

WATERPROOF & STAYING POWER - When I go tanning/for a splash at the beach or pool, this stays on. I actually wear this to swimming training (as in doing laps) as well and after an hour although a lot of it has worn off, it doesn't smudge at all. Perfect for the rainy weather I've been getting recently. As for durability in general, it lasts for a good 8 hours. Without reapplying after those 8 you do get some residue at the corner of your eyes, which I don't actually mind very much.

COLOURS - this comes in the most brilliant array of colours, which isn't common for many brands. I've personally tried Pretty Petrol (a vivid medium blue, perfect for partying), Hypnotic Grey (a very dark grey which looks black on my skin) and Truly Brown (a dark brown for everyday use). For some reason I found the brown to stay on better than the grey does.

On a last note, I've seen that many people have commented on it being too soft and having to sharpen too often. A little tip would be to apply this tilted to one side so that it remains sharp enough for when you're going for a more defined shape. I personally never shave mine unless absolutely necessary, because a lot of this stuff goes to waste when sharpened.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Argh! I so wanted to LOVE this eyeliner, but it was such a let down :( I was in Vegas and walked into the Walgreens on the strip (the newer, nicer 2 leveled one) and was blown away to see the display of not sold in the states makeup! My eyes went directly to the GOSH display :) FYI, they also sell Becca. Well, I've been wanting to try the Velvet Touch Eyeliners but they are not sold in the states and I refuse to pay the hefty shipping cost. As soon as I applied it to my waterline, I knew it was gonna be a 'mistake purchase'. The color I picked was Black Ink, because I'm a sucker for black, really black eyeliners. For something called Black Ink this applies more like soft black or even charcoal. There wasn't much of a staying power either. In a nutshell the pencil is okay, but it's a no go for what I wanted to use it for which is lining my waterline. My Milani and Prestige pencils are way more pigmented and have better staying power than this pencil does.

on 7/17/2012 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got 3 of these in a swap. 2 blue ones, and the Lemon color one. I made a test and for some reason the lemon color lasts much better than the blue ones. Usually no pencils last on me but the lemon color lasted on me vibrant all day. This is way better than MUFE, Urben Decay or MAC pencils. The blue ones were same as the other brand.

on 6/15/2012 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Beautiful stuff, stays waterproof, doesn't hurt my eyes.

on 6/6/2012 2:54:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Finally HG eyeliner PEN! Says waterproof. Biggest test was when I was laughing so that tears were running out of control along my face.
Foundation was ruined but this had NO fading of colour and zero smudging on upper and lower lashline. I never use lines on waterline. Slides on smoothly. These are far better than UD 24/7 and my previous HGs Artdeco wp and Revlon CS. 20 shades available here for 9EUR. I`m going to collect all that suit me. Now I have Blue Lagoon; beautiful turquoise for summer, Purple Stain; deep enough purple for my dark eyes and Golden Moss; good green!. A colour that I though would never suit me, UD Stash did not.

on 5/25/2012 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Excellent eyeliners. I have two: 'Purple Stain' (a vibrant blue-based violet) and 'Golden Moss' (a gilded olive), and I'm very happy with them. They're easy to work with and stay put until I remove my makeup.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I have this in white,black, lime green,pink,silver.
I love them all.I got them for half off making them a great deal but even for 16 $ they are worth it.They have bright, long lasting, creamy color.They come in a million different shades.

on 2/15/2012 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I always always stick to buying this eyeliner over anything else as its the best kohl I've ever used. I use the share black ink and it's such a deep black and not all wishy washy like I find some pencils. Also stays true to being waterproof and doesn't run etc. Another nice little plus is that this never seems to snap when I sharpen it either! Great eyeliner that I would recommend to anyone.

on 1/19/2012 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Love it. I bought it in Golden Moss and the colour is to die for. It's a gorgeous mossy green with a bronze/gold shimmer. It looks great and it brings out the tiny hint of green in my eyes. Nice, bold colour payoff. It glides on smoothly and it stays put. Can't wait to buy some more colours.

Top Rated GOSH Products