April 20, 2014 | 1729 users online

Concealers - Revlon - ColorStay Blemish Concealer with Soft Flex

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by JohannGo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

As most people have already said, the Revlon ColorStay Blemish Concealer is really hard to blend in with the skin. Never apply this concealer on top of your foundation; it just doesn't blend.

It can appear cakey, especially when applied over bigger pimples. It can also make the skin look extremely pale when not worn with foundation.

I STRONGLY advise that you wear this concealer with foundation, otherwise it will look unnatural and make your face appear pale.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by celia4711

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Horrid product! No coverage, looks very cakey and orange.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by aderyn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So when I first bought this product, I thought it was terrible because it went on grey, and looked way too light and weird, but I just dabbed a bit off the applicator on to my hand, and then used my ring finger to lightly tap it on under my eyes and on a couple pimples, and it still covered really well, but blended a lot better into my skin. It also stays put really well :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by MadinFrance

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Looks cakey, does not blend well, and does not provide full coverage, which is what should be most important in a blemish concealer. I loved the L’Oréal Bare Naturale concealer, but it must be discontinued, because I cannot seem to find it anywhere. :-( I guess I’ll have to try the higher-priced bareMinerals one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by RiskQn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this concealer! I was previous using the neutrogena version (and had gone through several tubes.) I switched over to the revlon because I really needed a concealer with SA, the neutrogena wasn't on sale (I only bought it if it was on sale), and the revlon was cheaper. Overall, they are comparable. The only difference is the applicator, and the revlon is a little harder to blend. However, I just blend it as soon as I dot it on my blemishes, and it blends just fine. I'm a pretty fair individual (NC15-20ish depending on the season) and I purchased it in "light." It works well! I would recommend it for blemish coverage for sure!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

I feel like I used to use something like this before, but it definitely wasn't packaged as lipgloss for your face. I have no problem using it, but I use it on my whole face. As a concealer for spots, I think it'd be hard to blend (unless you were also wearing foundation.. around it..?). Personally, I love this. I don't get acne much but before my dot this month my face seemed to be breaking out, and I was doing all I could (and still am) to keep acne at bay. A mask, a cleanser, a toner, a clear cream, and another mask overnight and/or during the day if I wasn't leaving the house. Originally I left the house just to get a jar of caramel. But it seems I got myself a new regimen as well. Two spot treatments I've never tried, and this! Another bad thing about it is if your blemish is right underneath the dark circle of your eye you especially gotta try harder to blend. And not into that thin skin because it will dryyy out. I'm half Japanese, half Caucasian, warm skin, got myself #630 color Light/Medium. If anything bad happens, I'll edit my review. So far so good for dotting all over and blending on the face. Just got this one healing pimple next to my nose that I'm obviously doing anything to get rid of. Covers well. Has a scent that I'm already sick of. Not expensive, but we'll see how long it'll last for somebody using it on the whole face.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by seestoray

Okay I joined this site just to leave a review. For me, this product has been terrible. I have been using it for about two weeks and have gone from having small blackheads and the occasional pimple to having the worst breakout since I was about 13. I usually have combination skin. My skin now is flaky when I first apply my makeup and by the end of the day is so greasy where this product has been applied. Also it does not cover redness of pimples very well. in fact, my pimples (plural!!) are even more red and hanging around longer than they ever had before. I am throwing this concealer out the window immediately. uuuueeeeh!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 7:31:00 AM More reviews by LisaPickford

LOVE LOVE LOVE this concealer! defs my fave that I own.
I have a few pimples around my cheek area as well as redness and this hides it all. It stays on all day and doesn't fade at all!
its easy to apply and i find it easy to blend using my ring finger. I have never had breakouts from this and will continue to use it.
Would defs recommend this to everyone

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by lisakaminar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you get the color just right (I actually mix two of the shades) this can be a great concealer for small blemishes. I've never had terrible acne so I'm not sure how well it works for that, but for the occasional spot it works well.

With that said, I was using this to cover up redness around my nose and I kept peeling there and the redness just kept getting worse. I stopped for a week and the peeling stopped. One of the first ingredients is salicylic acid. If you have sensitive and/or dry skin this can make your skin much worse if you use it regularly.

Verdict: this is a great concealer for those days when you wake up with a random pimple on your face and you need it to cover it up and dry it out quickly, but that is it! Do not try to use this stuff as a regular concealer if you have dry sensitive skin like mine.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2012 9:40:00 AM More reviews by NicoIcon999

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My cystic acne was starting to clear up. I wanted to hide a few small bumps and acne scars on my cheeks so this is what I used. Basically everywhere I put it left me with a pretty big cyst. I have pretty bad luck with any acne fighting ingredients so I should have stayed away from this. My skin prefers a less complicated approach. As long as you don't have sensitive skin, I would recommend it. Good coverage and staying power. Blends well as long as you're not putting it over peeling and dry skin.