July 30, 2014 | 2014 users online

Conditioner - Burt's Bees - Super Shiny Grapefruit and Sugar Beet Conditioner [DISCONTINUED]

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by bluedog0610

I'm a little surprised that this can be called a "conditioner" at all. It does little to nothing for my dry hair. The best way I can describe it is that it takes the "edge" off of shampooing, but that's it. To be fair I gave it a few weeks, but in the end my hair was so tangled, that I am going to trash it.

I'm giving it two lippies because I unfortunately have used worse conditioners, so there you go.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by madmm_x

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this conditioner after seeing a Wen by Chaz Dean infomercial, and decided to try the conditioner only method with something a little less expensive. My skin (and scalp) is very sensitive to synthetics & parabens, so I thought I'd try this particular Burt's Bees conditioner. After one week of using instead of shampoo (6 squirts seems to do it), my hair is super soft and silky and looks healthy. The natural/organic shampoos always left my hair snarled & dry, and shampoo bars left residue on my fine hair. I wish this moisturized my scalp more, I haven't yet found a cure for my burning itchy scalp. But as a conditioner or shampoo alternative (especially for baby fine hair), I highly recommend it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2010 3:52:00 AM More reviews by KaiserMimiVII

This is slightly better than the shampoo counterpart, but I still hate it. It's thin and doesn't condition at all- I might as well rinse with water. Oddly enough, my hair became more prone to snarls and nasty tangles and breakage. How horrible! Oh- and the smell. This is truly and atrocious set of products, rather expensive for drugstore shampoo and conditioner too. I can't believe it would make my hair worse- I would rather use no shampoo and conditioner at all than use these again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by ranklechick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

so amazing! i also reviewed the matching shampoo, and the conditioner really helps make my hair soft and shiny. i don't have the signs of damage i did before and my hair feels so much healthier. i love the smell and its not overpowering like many other shampoos i have tried. i will def. buy again!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by tarrenae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Horrible,this conditioner is so thin and watery it doesnt do much to detangle or moisturize,the smell is also not pleasant.It did nothing for my hair except tangle it into knots and cause breakage.I wont use again.Its companion shampoo is equally dissapointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Passionatenotobsessed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is AWESOME! It doesn't weigh down your hair at all, but it still manages to smooth flyaways, detangle and leave your hair looking massively shiny whether it is color treated or not! You can see the biggest difference in shine when you apply in junction with the shampoo! It is keeps your hair healthy, gorgeous, and smelling AMAZING! I love it! I am on my third bottle!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Autumn13

So, I used this in conjunction with the shampoo and no difference in regards to the shine that my hair already has and love. But, I do love the smell and this with it's shampoo, my hair is very clean and that's why I gave this 3 lippies as well. But, will not repurchase because I would rather have the volume that I get with the volumizing duo.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2009 1:25:00 AM More reviews by YumItsAStickyBun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First of all, my hair type. It's dark, straight, long, and I don't mean to brag, but my hair honestly doesn't give me very much trouble at all. It's shiny, silky, soft, full, and grows faster than anything for the most part. That being said, when it gets to a certain length (around the shoulderblades,) it starts to tangle and knot and the ends grow slightly dry although the roots (as always) can get slightly oily unless I wash everyday.

Until recently, I used pretty much whatever was on sale at my local drugstore or whatever. Nothing had ever really given me *results* before. My hair looked pretty much the same regardless of how high end or low end any product that I used was. I've never been a huge fan of Burt's Bees products before but I saw that the conditioner was on sale and figured why not? I'm so pleased I gave it a shot.

First of all, there is actually a DIFFERENCE when I use and do not use this product. My hair's nearly waist-length right now and this stuff completely keeps the bottom half of it from tangling or feeling dry. It's lightweight so there's no buildup but it's more than enough to keep it soft (I even use considerably less than I do with my "gloopier" conditioners). My hair's even shinier than it usually is, and there's a great super light citrusy scent that leaves the most pleasant, faintest scent in my hair for ages.

I ran out of this stuff recently and decided to use a cheaper brand of conditioner and there was actually a huge difference in the shine and softness of my hair. I went back and bought another bottle of Burt's Bee's immediately although it was no longer on sale. Consider me a convert.

*It's also got no parabens or SLS if you're into natural products like that as well.*

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2009 1:33:00 AM More reviews by stellar708

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have really long layered hair and no matter what conditioner i use my hair always ends up looking frizzy and dry. This conditioner was on sale at walgreens for 4.99 (originally 7.99) so I had to try it myself. I am so glad I did. It made me hair incredibly soft and not frizzy at all. I didn't blow dry my hair and it still turned out shiny, smooth, and non-frizzy. I think the natural ingredients in it really make a difference. I finally found my conditioner!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2009 3:45:00 AM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This conditioner is god send for me! I have dry and damaged (now recovering!) hair due to frequent coloring and chemical treatment. I couldn't be happier for discovering this conditioner and the shampoo from the same line. The shampoo leaves my hair incredibly shiny, soft and clean. The conditioner leaves it moisturized and adds even more shine to it. It's not greasy, or too thick in texture- just perfect! No builds up too. I'll definitely continue repurchasing it, and the shampoo too!