April 20, 2014 | 1589 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 40

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

This sunscreen pilled (bunched up) on my face. Also it contains octinoxate, an endocrine disruptor, and BHT. Too bad. The smell was nice, kind of minty. My Arcona spf 40 suncreen doesn't bunch up at all and it only contains tit. dioxide and zinc oxide for suncreen, it's a better choice IMO.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by cassafrass1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OK, the only reason why I'm rating this as a 2, is because this was listed as an invisible primer. It's not that. It has a beige tint, and on my dark skin, as others have noted here, the product carries a pale cast. If I really, really blend it, the pale cast isn't so blatant, but I still haven't been able to use it without foundation. And even with foundation, I don't think it's the perfect product for me, since it lightens my skin up a bit, my foundation (also Clinique) appears to be a better match without it.
With that said, I have no other bones with the product. I liked the texture; it's thick so you don't have to slather it on, and it's never given my sensitive skin any problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by fabulousgalz4ever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A little does not go a long way for this product. There isn't much sunsceen in the tube so I am a bit disappointed. But it is oily free and has a smooth and lightweight texture so I would definitely buy it again!^^

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Helloneighbor

***edit: Had to end up returning this. after wearing it for a few more days, i discovered it gets really oily and and doesn't sit well on my skin.

I've only been using this for two days but I think i like is so far. I use it on a bare face after I apply the dark spot corrector. I then put my MUFE F&B on today and dusted with powder. it hasn't devolved into the oily mess that a lot of others have reported. As well, i think it delivers enough moisture so that my skin doesn't feel dry. I think i may put some moisturizer on my eyes and corners of my mouth tomorrow, though, b/c they feel a little bit drier than other parts of my face but that's all. The only problem i have with it is that it seems like the tube isn't designed that well and tends to squeeze too much out and gets messy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by lolilea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i just posted this on skinboard
"I've been using clinique city block 40 under makeup more religiously and even back in summer when i was just using it for like 1/2 months then stopped. i noticed both times that the next day my skin would be clear. even if i accidently slept with makeup on after a night out, which would usually make me break out like mad.

it took a while for me to click that it was when i was wearing it. anyway so for the past month i've been using it like everyday and my skin has like 2 teeny blemishes at most, even though it was my totm. what is in it that is clearing up my skin? is it the zinc? or is it because its acting as a barrier from my makeup meaning less clogged pores?

this is most weird because ss makes me break out usually"

Anyway as you can see not only am i enjoying this as an spf in texas and english weather, im also getting miraculously clear skin from it.

It does give a white cast, so i like to wear this with foundation to avoid looking like a ghost. with m/u it doesnt give white cast in photos, infact i rather like how it makes my skin look in photos and real life. it gives shine so i always follow up with powder but i agree with another poster that this makes my skin look more even and healthy. i stepped up my skincare in the last month and noticed one morning after applying this that my skin looked so great as if i were already wearing tm or f/d. i was going to switch up to boire but i think i'm going to stick with this stuff for a long time now :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by beachytabbyanne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is my go-to primer/moisturizer/everything for everyday because if I want to not wear full makeup, then this acts as a corrector and helps cover as much redness from acne as possible without makeup! I love it. It has a sheer cast of color which isn't noticeable on my palest of pale skin, and it does have that dewey-sunscreen look, which I actually like. I love that I can use one "no makeup" product to help me use less makeup when I wear it, use no makeup and feel comfortable when I don't want to wear makeup, and ALWAYS provides sun protection! Wonderful product. I usually wash my face and apply this and let it set for a few minutes before applying makeup so it can dry, if I have the time.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by amillionbucks

I wanted to love this - I think the high spf is great and really wanted to amp up my sun protection. Unfortunately, I found it really drying. It would be fine when I first applied it but by the end of the day, my skin felt dry and tight.

I switched to Elta MD UV Clear SPF 46 and couldn't be happier with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Marie76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was my first Clinique product, and I've bought almost every year since 1993! Really effective sunscreen. I was out in Florida all day when I first bought it and never had to re apply (and never burned). The scent of it takes me back years. It would be too chalky for people that are not very pale, but I am and it's perfect for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by karencilla9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really good sunscreen, it has never failed to me. I have fair skin so the tint has not been a problem to me. It is a little "oily" but after 10 minutes it is absorbed completely and I set it with compact powder. The only thing I do not like about it is that is not waterproof... So I'll stick with my Anthelios sunscreen.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2012 10:02:00 AM More reviews by gb281

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was given a sample tube of this while searching for a replacement for my beloved Ti-Silc Sheer SPF 45. I can say that the finish was fine, the tint was fine, but after spending a brief time in the morning sun, my face was red, not "burnt", but it was red the rest of the day, This will not be my replacement product.