December 20, 2014 | 1685 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 40

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Ispania

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used it only twice, but that was enough for me to realize that it's a bit heavy and greasy for my skin.
I fell in love at the store, because it didn't leave a white cast on my HAND, and not exactly white, but a little bit tinted, but when I came home and smoothed it on my face I saw the same white cast, which my Cera Ve spf 30 moisturizer has.
This spf 40 protector says its oil free, but oh my...! Why it feels so oily and sticky on my skin, which is currently not oily and it's not the hottest time of the year. And it gets worst in the middle of the day!
I thought it will be good for summer, but no way!!!!! I'm going to stick to my Cera Ve, it's not oily at all.

MA said to me that she gonna take out a fresh one to me. This left me with thought that they may sell expired or close to expiration creams. Not even consistency and weird smell kind of fortified my suspicion.
Whatever it is it had to go back.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by kai21

I've been using this for years and I hate/love it. It leaves skin a little greasy, it also leaves you with a silver/white glow when you first apply it which I don't like, it also smells weird, but after years of using this I've gotten used to it. It also looks a little thick for a sunscreen... I like that it can be used as a primer, also that it gives good sun protection, and it doesn't irritate my skin. I haven't tried another sunscreen, so until I do I will stick with this product. Its not amazing, but it's not horrible either.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Seficat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a recent convert (bad I know) to wearing a separate sunscreen rather than an SPF-containing foundation. I'd largely moved on from Clinique products but liked the high SPF of this product. I use this over a serum and moisturizer, and eye-area primer. Most days I will mix it with a scant quarter pump of liquid foundation (Kevyn Aucoin Liquid Airbrush ATM) for a quick and light application. This way I get a sheered out look for minimal effort.

On days when I want a more finished application, I'll add a face primer and use this as a separate layer under foundation. I don't think I'd use this alone as, as many reviewers have noted, the physical nature of the sunscreen does leave a white cast.

I haven't noticed any issues with balling up or flaking, and it doesn't seem to be breaking me out. I don't find it heavy or greasy to apply. Cost wise this isn't the cheapest option out there, but I use a fairly small amount (about 1/4 teaspoon for my whole face) so on the whole I feel it's reasonably good value.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only product that I have found that works for me. I apply a moisturizer, super city block, primer, foundation then powder and have had no issues with my makeups longevity. I believe Clinique claims it can be used as a primer, however I choose to use my own. I have fairly dry skin and will always use another moisturizer. If you have normal skin, you might not need moisturizer with this. I have had no issues with my makeup "balling up", or experienced any sensitivities. I hate using foundation with sunscreen in it, additionally I don't feel like the SPF 15 that most foundations have will cut it anyways. Love love love the SPF 40 and the fact that I can wear under my makeup. I will continue to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Thyme57

Basically one of the worst things I ever put on my face. The only good thing about this is the 40spf. It is a layer on your face you don't need, as long as your moisturizer/foundation has good SPF in it. You are better off putting $5 target sunscreen before your makeup if you need the extra protection.
This is supposedly unscented but all I smell is pickles when I apply it. It leaves a grainy feel on your face(that you can feel and see)
Didn't do much as far as coverage, priming and it definitely does not moisturize!
It is a very thick consistency, yet not moisturizing at all. Makes skin feel heavy and unnatural.
Will never purchase this again, usually I like Clinique but this was a big miss on there part!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by kazza7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall I like this product. I was pretty skeptical at first as I'd asked for a primer and the assistant recommended this. Even more concerned when she tried it on my hand and it looked like a light foundation (I have tan/olive skin). However, she said it would blend and I purchased. When first applied my heart sank as my face looked white, but as the assistant advised, it soon blended in and you couldn't see it any more. I wear this over a moisturiser in the weekends and during the week, when I'm at work, I wear with Clinique foundation and it looks great. In fact I think it makes the foundation look even better. Both products together have been good for my sensitive skin, particularly as it is very dry post pregnancy.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

This sunscreen pilled (bunched up) on my face. Also it contains octinoxate, an endocrine disruptor, and BHT. Too bad. The smell was nice, kind of minty. My Arcona spf 40 suncreen doesn't bunch up at all and it only contains tit. dioxide and zinc oxide for suncreen, it's a better choice IMO.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by cassafrass1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OK, the only reason why I'm rating this as a 2, is because this was listed as an invisible primer. It's not that. It has a beige tint, and on my dark skin, as others have noted here, the product carries a pale cast. If I really, really blend it, the pale cast isn't so blatant, but I still haven't been able to use it without foundation. And even with foundation, I don't think it's the perfect product for me, since it lightens my skin up a bit, my foundation (also Clinique) appears to be a better match without it.
With that said, I have no other bones with the product. I liked the texture; it's thick so you don't have to slather it on, and it's never given my sensitive skin any problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by fabulousgalz4ever

A little does not go a long way for this product. There isn't much sunsceen in the tube so I am a bit disappointed. But it is oily free and has a smooth and lightweight texture so I would definitely buy it again!^^

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Helloneighbor

***edit: Had to end up returning this. after wearing it for a few more days, i discovered it gets really oily and and doesn't sit well on my skin.

I've only been using this for two days but I think i like is so far. I use it on a bare face after I apply the dark spot corrector. I then put my MUFE F&B on today and dusted with powder. it hasn't devolved into the oily mess that a lot of others have reported. As well, i think it delivers enough moisture so that my skin doesn't feel dry. I think i may put some moisturizer on my eyes and corners of my mouth tomorrow, though, b/c they feel a little bit drier than other parts of my face but that's all. The only problem i have with it is that it seems like the tube isn't designed that well and tends to squeeze too much out and gets messy.