Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Pressed Powder

3.7

talc, plymethyl methacrylate, silica, dimethicone, pentaerythriftyl tetraisostearate, cetearyl ethylhexanoate, zinc stearate, zea mays (corn) starch, tocopheryl acetate, PEI-10, tetrasodium EDTA, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides, carmine

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm really getting the feeling that Bobbi Brown in general is very hit-or-miss, and for me, the whole brand has been a hit. This powder IS sheer, as it says. I did not expect actual coverage, which is provided by my foundation and concealer. This powder is very finely-milled and goes on smooth and clean. It sets my makeup for almost the whole day and REALLY soaks up all my excess t-zone oil. I have it in White because I'm ghastly pale, and this doesn't make me chalky or even paler, which many powders have done in the past.

Obviously some of you all can't read. So it's your fault you wasted your money. SHEER finish pressed powder. SHEER means very light, almost translucent.

UPDATE: I've changed this from a 2 to a 4 because I actually ended up keeping it and now I really enjoy using it.

My skin's texture, tone and clarity has dramatically improved since I first purchased this and now I don't need as much coverage. I wear this on a daily basis to set my CG AquaSmoothers compact creme foundation and it works perfectly. Not cakey- EVER. Just looks natural. I'm glad I revisited it.

PREVIOUS REVIEW: I agree with the previous reviewer. I also got this in Pale Yellow and it has absolutely no coverage whatsoever. I understand this is a sheer powder, but come on.

The only time I use this is when I wear TM and want to set it. I feel like I could swirl my brush in this for 10 minutes and still not get anything to show up on my face.

Such a shame because it is so expensive and completely overrated. The color was a good match for my NC20/25 skin but only if it shows up.

This one will be returned...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is soooo overrated! It doesn't have much pigment, but still looks like powder on your face. I had the pale yellow that's been so famous and wanted to like it, but it was just so mediocre.

Go with NARS pressed powder for more pigment, and better look and feel. I find Bobbi Brown products in general to be underwhelming, aside from the gel eyeliner.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have dry, mildly acne prone skin.

I use this powder to set my Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Foundation and I love it!

It gives me a perfect setting effect without fully mattifying my dewy looking foundation underneath. It is great in the sense that it doesn't make you look so matte that is looks fake. It looks really natural when applied on top of dewy look foundations because it is just sheer enough to let some of the dewy look show but matte enough that it dims the glow of the foundation slightly.

It stays on all day for me and I don't need to reapply at all!

Also since I have quite dry skin, I sometimes get dry flaky patches. I normally find powders too drying but this one doesn't seem to dry me out and it didn't make my dry patches any more noticable.

I really like this powder to set my liquid, dewy look foundation and I will definitely repurchase if i run out, but it seems like this will last me a long time anyway.

I bought this when my usual loose powder was out of stock and I don't know why I didn't try it sooner. It doesn't look chalky or cakey like some loose powders do and the compact makes it's alot easier for travelling. It comes in a lovely compact with a mirror and a powder sponge that's a
bit useless. Like all bobbi brown products this powder is expensive but I use this daily and found that it lasted a few months. Another great product from bobbi brown!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Bobbi Brown is just amazing. As a brown girl with yellow undertones, its very hard for me to find makeup that doesn't oxidize and make me look red mid-day. This powder sets my BB Natural Finish SPF 15 perfectly. Not too heavy but just enough to give me a polished look and lasts all day. Beautiful!

I got this powder in pale yellow to set the tinted moisturizer, and to take away the shine I get mid-day in my T-zone. I can apply this once, and I'm set for another 8 hours. Love this powder! I also like that it isn't heavy at all, I don't look cakey, and my skin feels like it can still breathe--almost like I have nothing on at all. I will definitely repurchase, but this is such a huge amount it's going to be over a year before I need to.

I'm really excited about this powder and I wish I tried it sooner! It goes on smoothly and makes you look amazing. I was using Clarins Shine Stopper Powder Compact which was just ok, nothing great and it didn't stop shine. I couldn't get ahold of that anymore so I switched to Chanel Natural Finished Pressed Powder which is very expensive, again just ok but didn't stop shine. I was tired of paying the price when not impressed. So I tried Bobbi Brown and I'm in love! I stay with a nice natural matte look for hours. It feels so soft on the face as well. Love it, hope Bobbi makes this product forever.

i LOVE this powder. it gives me an airbrushed look just on it's own when i have clear skin. it also give a really nice finish with foundation. it didnt' break my skin out at all.