September 2, 2014 | 1607 users online

Pressed Powders - Bobbi Brown - Sheer Finish Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Lilyscorner

i LOVE this powder. it gives me an airbrushed look just on it's own when i have clear skin. it also give a really nice finish with foundation. it didnt' break my skin out at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2011 12:51:00 AM More reviews by miahesterly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a very good powder - not a great powder, but still a very good one. The good points - the colours are yellow-toned, and I got a perfect match with the colour Warm Natural (for reference, my skin is NC40, Bobbi Brown Warm Natural). And it doesn't oxidise and turn your face orange after a few hours either (ahem, Clinique!). It leaves my skin with a very natural finish, and not cakey or overdone at all. However, I do not use this as a setting powder, as it's probably a bit too sheer for that, but only as a touch-up one. The bad points for me are the price, and the packaging. 22.00 is expensive! And the packaging, although chic, is very bulky - I usually take it out with me in the evenings, and it doesn't leave much other room in a clutch bag (although it does come with a mirror). Furthermore, with a fifth of the product still left, the powder shattered and got everywhere, so I was unable to finish using it all up. That's not the product's fault, but it's especially annoying as it's so expensive. If the price was lower, and the packaging more slimline, I would give this product a 5. I'm going to try MAC's Select Sheer Powder next, but if it's not as good as this, I'll come running back.

EDIT: OK, I actually prefer the Select Sheer Powder to this. It gives more coverage, the compact is sleeker, and it's cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by c2yoshi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the fact that this powder came in a YELLOW color! Especially since I'm Asian, it was basically a godsend. Initially it went on great w/the included puff or w/a powder brush. However it didn't absorb oil well like it claims and it started to settle into my pores on my nose. I really wanted to like it, too cuz of the color. It ended up being returned. Still worth a shot as it's a very finely milled, soft powder and felt great on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by CharlaR

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this yellow powder. My skin is dry and wrinkled. This powder does not
settle into lines and wrinkles and evens out my skintone.

I am a light (not pale) warm skin tone and this powder finishes everything off
beautifully after my tinted moisturizer is applied.

Wears well, sheer and does not cake. I can't wear powder anymore, and
this one has made powder do-able again for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 6:21:00 AM More reviews by lucyvanp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this in Pale Yellow with the BB oil-free liquid fdtn; when I have blemishes (curse you hormones!) I also apply the BB stick with a small brush as spot cover for said blemishes. This powder on top is excellent -- very fine, and not pink or orange at all. I apply lightly with the puff, and then use a big brush to even out/get rid of the excess. Sets and evens out skin tone for a very natural, but polished look. Not super matte, but natural. And it stays all day long, maybe needs a touch-up at the end of a long day.

Pricey (21.50) but never fails, and lasts a very long time (6 mos plus for me, with everyday use). I do wish they still sold the small version they had years ago -- it was perfect for keeping in your makeup bag for touch-ups, and leaving the big proper powder at home. Case is sturdier than it seems, but still don't want to bang it around in my bag everyday.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 1:31:00 AM More reviews by sharonkumar

This powder isn't really sheer in the very least. I must be really spoiled by Mac MSF Natural because when I applied this,it looked cakey. I could see the powder on my face no matter which way I blended it.It isn't finely milled at all.I tried applying with a powder puff and a powder brush,and it didn't work out at all for me.Super disappointing since this powder costs so much!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 11:28:00 AM More reviews by mhooven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I may be in the minority here but I really like this powder. I am fair and I bought Pale Yellow to set my makeup and help tone down a bit of redness that I get around my nose. It works well and controls shine though I am only slightly oily. No oxidizing and it disappears into my skin like a translucent. Yes it is expensive but for me it is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 3:26:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this with the whichever Bobbi Brown foundation I may choose for coverage (either Skin Foundation SPF 15, Foundation Stick, Moisturizing Compact, or Oil-Free Finish), and it works well with all of them, year-round. Its expensive, but I use with a very good brush, and application is perfect for setting my makeup for the day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

MA advised to get this color Soft Sand #5 and I wear Sand 2 in the Skin foundation. It turns orange after a couple hours which leads me to believe I would have been better off with Pale Yellow, but I am not willing to try again in case the same thing happens. The case is nice with a large mirror and the puff is adequate for touch ups. I did not find this to be overly drying and it does go on very sheer. Try at your own risk if powders tend to oxidize on you.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2009 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Tigrou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What a disappointment!! In France this retails for 35 euros and it is sooooo not worth it! I had asked the BB rep for a pressed powder for oily skin, but in a transluscent color as I have a problem with powders turning orange on me. She suggested the Pale Yellow and I bought it without trying it. Well, I can tell you that I hate this stuff for several reasons. First, the Pale Yellow is NOT transluscent, but is a white powder that will leave medium to dark skin looking ghost-like! I swear, if I really load the puff, it makes me look like a Geisha! The second thing I hate about this powder is that it does not control oil at all (despite saying so on BB's site). I really think this powder makes my oil problem worse. The final nail in the coffin for this product is the packaging - it is a huge, clumsy square shaped compact with a teeny bit of product in the shape of a circle inside. When you see the huge square compact, you think that you will be getting a lot of product, especially for the high price tag, but you are really only getting a small round disk of powder. The compact is way too large to fit in an evening bag for example, and it is also too big for my make-up bag. I have just purchased a pressed powder from NARS in Beach, and already I love the sleeker compact. I will review the NARS after a few weeks of wear. But no matter what, it can not be worse than this Bobbi Brown crap!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No