Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Pressed Powder

3.7

talc, plymethyl methacrylate, silica, dimethicone, pentaerythriftyl tetraisostearate, cetearyl ethylhexanoate, zinc stearate, zea mays (corn) starch, tocopheryl acetate, PEI-10, tetrasodium EDTA, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides, carmine

on 11/25/2011 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have dry, mildly acne prone skin.

I use this powder to set my Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Foundation and I love it!

It gives me a perfect setting effect without fully mattifying my dewy looking foundation underneath. It is great in the sense that it doesn't make you look so matte that is looks fake. It looks really natural when applied on top of dewy look foundations because it is just sheer enough to let some of the dewy look show but matte enough that it dims the glow of the foundation slightly.

It stays on all day for me and I don't need to reapply at all!

Also since I have quite dry skin, I sometimes get dry flaky patches. I normally find powders too drying but this one doesn't seem to dry me out and it didn't make my dry patches any more noticable.

I really like this powder to set my liquid, dewy look foundation and I will definitely repurchase if i run out, but it seems like this will last me a long time anyway.

on 6/25/2011 6:47:00 PM

I bought this when my usual loose powder was out of stock and I don't know why I didn't try it sooner. It doesn't look chalky or cakey like some loose powders do and the compact makes it's alot easier for travelling. It comes in a lovely compact with a mirror and a powder sponge that's a
bit useless. Like all bobbi brown products this powder is expensive but I use this daily and found that it lasted a few months. Another great product from bobbi brown!

on 6/17/2011 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Bobbi Brown is just amazing. As a brown girl with yellow undertones, its very hard for me to find makeup that doesn't oxidize and make me look red mid-day. This powder sets my BB Natural Finish SPF 15 perfectly. Not too heavy but just enough to give me a polished look and lasts all day. Beautiful!

on 6/1/2011 12:39:00 PM

I got this powder in pale yellow to set the tinted moisturizer, and to take away the shine I get mid-day in my T-zone. I can apply this once, and I'm set for another 8 hours. Love this powder! I also like that it isn't heavy at all, I don't look cakey, and my skin feels like it can still breathe--almost like I have nothing on at all. I will definitely repurchase, but this is such a huge amount it's going to be over a year before I need to.

on 5/17/2011 6:41:00 PM

I'm really excited about this powder and I wish I tried it sooner! It goes on smoothly and makes you look amazing. I was using Clarins Shine Stopper Powder Compact which was just ok, nothing great and it didn't stop shine. I couldn't get ahold of that anymore so I switched to Chanel Natural Finished Pressed Powder which is very expensive, again just ok but didn't stop shine. I was tired of paying the price when not impressed. So I tried Bobbi Brown and I'm in love! I stay with a nice natural matte look for hours. It feels so soft on the face as well. Love it, hope Bobbi makes this product forever.

on 4/23/2011 12:19:00 AM

i LOVE this powder. it gives me an airbrushed look just on it's own when i have clear skin. it also give a really nice finish with foundation. it didnt' break my skin out at all.

on 1/26/2011 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This is a very good powder - not a great powder, but still a very good one. The good points - the colours are yellow-toned, and I got a perfect match with the colour Warm Natural (for reference, my skin is NC40, Bobbi Brown Warm Natural). And it doesn't oxidise and turn your face orange after a few hours either (ahem, Clinique!). It leaves my skin with a very natural finish, and not cakey or overdone at all. However, I do not use this as a setting powder, as it's probably a bit too sheer for that, but only as a touch-up one. The bad points for me are the price, and the packaging. 22.00 is expensive! And the packaging, although chic, is very bulky - I usually take it out with me in the evenings, and it doesn't leave much other room in a clutch bag (although it does come with a mirror). Furthermore, with a fifth of the product still left, the powder shattered and got everywhere, so I was unable to finish using it all up. That's not the product's fault, but it's especially annoying as it's so expensive. If the price was lower, and the packaging more slimline, I would give this product a 5. I'm going to try MAC's Select Sheer Powder next, but if it's not as good as this, I'll come running back.

EDIT: OK, I actually prefer the Select Sheer Powder to this. It gives more coverage, the compact is sleeker, and it's cheaper.

on 7/27/2010 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the fact that this powder came in a YELLOW color! Especially since I'm Asian, it was basically a godsend. Initially it went on great w/the included puff or w/a powder brush. However it didn't absorb oil well like it claims and it started to settle into my pores on my nose. I really wanted to like it, too cuz of the color. It ended up being returned. Still worth a shot as it's a very finely milled, soft powder and felt great on the skin.

on 3/15/2010 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I love this yellow powder. My skin is dry and wrinkled. This powder does not
settle into lines and wrinkles and evens out my skintone.

I am a light (not pale) warm skin tone and this powder finishes everything off
beautifully after my tinted moisturizer is applied.

Wears well, sheer and does not cake. I can't wear powder anymore, and
this one has made powder do-able again for me.

on 2/28/2010 6:21:00 AM

I use this in Pale Yellow with the BB oil-free liquid fdtn; when I have blemishes (curse you hormones!) I also apply the BB stick with a small brush as spot cover for said blemishes. This powder on top is excellent -- very fine, and not pink or orange at all. I apply lightly with the puff, and then use a big brush to even out/get rid of the excess. Sets and evens out skin tone for a very natural, but polished look. Not super matte, but natural. And it stays all day long, maybe needs a touch-up at the end of a long day.

Pricey (21.50) but never fails, and lasts a very long time (6 mos plus for me, with everyday use). I do wish they still sold the small version they had years ago -- it was perfect for keeping in your makeup bag for touch-ups, and leaving the big proper powder at home. Case is sturdier than it seems, but still don't want to bang it around in my bag everyday.