April 21, 2014 | 1422 users online

Pressed Powders - Bobbi Brown - Sheer Finish Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by CharlaR

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this yellow powder. My skin is dry and wrinkled. This powder does not
settle into lines and wrinkles and evens out my skintone.

I am a light (not pale) warm skin tone and this powder finishes everything off
beautifully after my tinted moisturizer is applied.

Wears well, sheer and does not cake. I can't wear powder anymore, and
this one has made powder do-able again for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 6:21:00 AM More reviews by lucyvanp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this in Pale Yellow with the BB oil-free liquid fdtn; when I have blemishes (curse you hormones!) I also apply the BB stick with a small brush as spot cover for said blemishes. This powder on top is excellent -- very fine, and not pink or orange at all. I apply lightly with the puff, and then use a big brush to even out/get rid of the excess. Sets and evens out skin tone for a very natural, but polished look. Not super matte, but natural. And it stays all day long, maybe needs a touch-up at the end of a long day.

Pricey (21.50) but never fails, and lasts a very long time (6 mos plus for me, with everyday use). I do wish they still sold the small version they had years ago -- it was perfect for keeping in your makeup bag for touch-ups, and leaving the big proper powder at home. Case is sturdier than it seems, but still don't want to bang it around in my bag everyday.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 1:31:00 AM More reviews by sharonkumar

This powder isn't really sheer in the very least. I must be really spoiled by Mac MSF Natural because when I applied this,it looked cakey. I could see the powder on my face no matter which way I blended it.It isn't finely milled at all.I tried applying with a powder puff and a powder brush,and it didn't work out at all for me.Super disappointing since this powder costs so much!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 11:28:00 AM More reviews by mhooven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I may be in the minority here but I really like this powder. I am fair and I bought Pale Yellow to set my makeup and help tone down a bit of redness that I get around my nose. It works well and controls shine though I am only slightly oily. No oxidizing and it disappears into my skin like a translucent. Yes it is expensive but for me it is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 3:26:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this with the whichever Bobbi Brown foundation I may choose for coverage (either Skin Foundation SPF 15, Foundation Stick, Moisturizing Compact, or Oil-Free Finish), and it works well with all of them, year-round. Its expensive, but I use with a very good brush, and application is perfect for setting my makeup for the day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

MA advised to get this color Soft Sand #5 and I wear Sand 2 in the Skin foundation. It turns orange after a couple hours which leads me to believe I would have been better off with Pale Yellow, but I am not willing to try again in case the same thing happens. The case is nice with a large mirror and the puff is adequate for touch ups. I did not find this to be overly drying and it does go on very sheer. Try at your own risk if powders tend to oxidize on you.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2009 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Tigrou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What a disappointment!! In France this retails for 35 euros and it is sooooo not worth it! I had asked the BB rep for a pressed powder for oily skin, but in a transluscent color as I have a problem with powders turning orange on me. She suggested the Pale Yellow and I bought it without trying it. Well, I can tell you that I hate this stuff for several reasons. First, the Pale Yellow is NOT transluscent, but is a white powder that will leave medium to dark skin looking ghost-like! I swear, if I really load the puff, it makes me look like a Geisha! The second thing I hate about this powder is that it does not control oil at all (despite saying so on BB's site). I really think this powder makes my oil problem worse. The final nail in the coffin for this product is the packaging - it is a huge, clumsy square shaped compact with a teeny bit of product in the shape of a circle inside. When you see the huge square compact, you think that you will be getting a lot of product, especially for the high price tag, but you are really only getting a small round disk of powder. The compact is way too large to fit in an evening bag for example, and it is also too big for my make-up bag. I have just purchased a pressed powder from NARS in Beach, and already I love the sleeker compact. I will review the NARS after a few weeks of wear. But no matter what, it can not be worse than this Bobbi Brown crap!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Sarasotagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am apparently the last person on the planet to find out that powder can turn orange on your face. All this time, I thought it was my foundation. I've lost track of the foundations I dismissed because they would get SO DARK. Then I discovered a foundation that I don't usually need to powder (Tarte Smooth Operator, BTW) and I put this back into the makeup drawer. Then one day I thought I would go for absolute flawless skin perfection and use my trusty BB Pale Yellow over SO and ... an hour or so later I was orange. The lightbulb came on. I'm embarrassed to say I hit the pan on this many moons ago, so I've been out and about like a loompah for all that time. My skin is slightly dry and so I can't imagine what this would do to someone with reliably oily skin. And, btw? The case on this cracked almost immediately -- my orange-inducing pan has been sitting in an e.l.f. palette. This gets two lippies because it doesn't irritate my skin and it doesn't look chalky. Gosh. Chalky and orange? One shudders. Sorry, Bobbi. This ain't all that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 7:38:00 AM More reviews by maggiealex

i love this powder. it's soooo finely milles it goes on almost transluscent! i have it in pale yellow which leaves a very sheer tone to face just enough to balance out the mild redness i have. i apply it with my MAC 187 brush and i only need a bit of product for the whole face. for oily skin i would recommend the loose form, bc i found this one to be more velvety kinda moisturizing-suitable for mature skin, wrinkles and fine lines and for those you want a more natural glow on face instead of the totally matt all over look...i love the large mirror of the packaging too...the only con i see is the price...other than that it is an excellent powder!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2008 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Sour

I have this in Golden Orange and the name is a very good description of the shade. I used this during the summer when I got a tan and Im looking forward to using it again next summer. Its great at controlling the oilies too