August 23, 2014 | 1902 users online

Stick - Bobbi Brown - Foundation Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Vibrant77

I am golden olive complexion yellow undertones and purchased the Warm Natural color. The creme stick glides on easily and is a great portable alternative to clunky compacts and bottles. You could sheer it out bu adding 1-2 strokes on each section of the face. Or for more coverage, add a second layer. I used ot with a beauty blender sponge and it applied beautifully and flawlessly. It cost $44. I believe it will be worth it because it will last at least 3-4 months

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by kimmurs

I have light-medium yellow tone skin and use this in Beige 3. I have combo skin, dry in some places, oily in others etc. I like using this product as a concealer on dryer areas of my face, however I find it too heavy feeling to wear all over my face. The coverage is nice, it evens out redness nicely and I actually find it great undereyes as its very moisturising. 3 lippies because too much of this product (ie allover face) and it feels too thick, almost oily for me anyways. That being said while it isn't the best foundation, I would recommend it as a spot coverup for dry areas and light coverage for undereyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by serena44

Once I figured out how to apply this, it looked amazing and after 2 weeks of using this, my skin got clearer and more radiant. To attempt to put it on like the L'Oreal Quickstick will make you feel like you are smearing lipstick on your face...lipstick that won't blend in and slides right off. I need to pick up the BB foundation brush. In the meantime, I found a synthetic ELF brush works great (a natural brush I have just sucked up the product). I set this with BB powder and it lasts for hours. I tend to get oily around 6 hours no matter if I am using primer, long wearing makeup etc. In fact, long wearing makeup wreaked havoc on my skin with redness, dryness, oily patches, and constant breakouts. This amazing stick is really easy to reapply and set with powder without getting cakey (like MAC). Even when I am a little oily, it makes me look more dewy than greasy. I haven't had any problem removing this and my coworkers keep telling me my makeup and my skin look amazing. Honestly, I think I even look a little younger since my makeup isn't settling into my lines and drying out my skin anymore. I also agree with BB that yellow based colors look better. I have this in Warm Sand, the concealer stick in sand, and the setting powder (can't remember the shade). It feels a tad too dark, but only because I am used to being completely mismatched. I've been MAC pro longwear NC15, NW 15, Estee Lauder DL Ecru, Lancome teint idole Ivoire N, etc. I have noticed a teensy bit of oxidation but nothing worth trying a lighter shade and definitely not as bad as MAC or Estee Lauder. I love this stuff and it's definitely worth heading to a BB counter to try it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A Bobbi Brown artist tried this on me at a counter, per her recommendation. This foundation is medium to full coverage, matte, and they have a really good color range. However, I don't think this foundation is for me since I only need light coverage and it looked flat on me. I felt that the finish actually aged me. I was happy that I was able to try out this foundation, as it was my first Bobbi Brown foundation. I will not purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by yummymummy2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product has its uses, but as an all over the face foundation? No.

I have it in Porcelain which is very pale- but the next shade up was far too yellow.

I use it for touch ups during the day. The asst recommended it for that rather than for all over coverage.

It's quite sticky and having tried it all over my face, alone, it feels sticky and like wearing concealer!

Great over a dewy foundation for extra coverage on your T-zone , and it does last, but on its own it's hard to blend without really pulling your skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 7:39:00 AM More reviews by Cherie2378

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased warm almond (6.5) about a month ago and have received nothing but "beautiful skin" compliments since. I believe the negative reviews are due to improper application (i.e. Oil-free/water based moisturizer and/or primer can cause an oil based foundation to separate). I have combination skin, my T-Zone is extremely oily and dry cheek/under eye area. I find that Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier (setting powder) products work well together. Note: I've tried MAC studio fix and wanted to love it but the product was just to harsh on my skin. I find myself apply Bobbi Brown daily having never been a big make up type in the past. It looks and feels so good on my skin its like I want to wear it.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by JRelic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE! I've used this for years and won't ever stop. I have it in several shades to get me through all the seasons. It is pricey but so worth it - especially in my dry colorado climate. It covers blemishes that can otherwise be difficult to fully hide. Pair it with bare minerals loose powder foundation and you'll be set all day with spot coverage. I definitely would not use this all over my entire face - it supplemental to a regular foundation in my opinion.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by dramaqueenad

Absolutely hate it! Terrible foundation .I would rather go out make up free than with this foudation. So oily , expensive , and makes the skin look terrible.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Initially I loved this foundation. It is travel friendly and easy to use. I would take a foundation brush, swipe from the stick and apply to my face. It is a cream foundation and great for dry skins like me. I found that the shade honey was my exact match nc40/42. It had the right amount of yellow tones to it. It is creamy and very easy to blend. Best to blend out with a sponge or beauty blender. I believe I paid close to $50 CAD for this. It has medium to build-able full coverage. I found that I did need to set this foundation to keep it on. My biggest problem with this was that I did not find it long-lasting. I use it with primer, powder, and setting spray and it couldn't really get me through my work day without disappearing and separating on my face and my skin isn't oily. The price is also expensive for the stick. Even with the most perfect match to my skin tone, it's long-wear ability isn't good enough for me. I would use this for events that are around 4-6 hours max but not for everyday.

***UPDATE: 5/10/2014 - I repurchased the new version of this which says "Skin foundation" on the bottom of the stick. It is a huge improvement over the old formula. It is amazing and really does look like skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by orangepillow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had a lot of hopes on this - because this was my first Bobbi Brown purchase. Bobbi Brown is highly overrated, and of course I was taken in by the hype, which is why I forked the $$$$ on this product.

Let me say right away the 1 star is for coverage and skin tone match. This does match my skin nicely, and it does a good job with coverage. It is yellow based so might not work for everyone.

Next thing I know -- MAJOR BREAKOUTS! I do have acne prone skin but my other foundations do not make me breakout like this one does. Huge red bumps, gross.

Basically here is a run down of the cons:

1. Oily foundation - this will definitely clog your pores (if you have visible pores do not use)
2. Sort of hard to blend