Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick ] [DISCONTINUED]

image 1image 2image 3image 4

3.5

GLYCERYL TRIACETYL RICINOLEATE, OCTYLDODECANOL, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, POLYETHYLENE, OZOKERITE, KAOLIN, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, BARIUM SULFATE, BISABOLOL, STEARYL GLYCYRRHETINATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, [ /- TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA]
Note: This Product has been reformulated under the name "Skin Foundation Stick"

Please find the new listing here:

on 4/27/2014 2:26:00 PM

I went into the Bobbi Brown store looking for a good concealer. I'm a 19 year old girl with combination skin whose face goes crazy a week before my period and during. I especially get pimples around my chin area and on my forehead. When the hormones die down after my period, they don't completely disappear but shrink in size. I really wanted to cover those up but also didn't want to use foundation as I sweat a lot and lose most of my makeup by mid-day and didn't have time to deal with long touch ups during my looong school day. Luckily, the lovely sales assistant introduced me to the Foundation Stick. He applied some in the shade Warm Sand(2.5) on my problematic areas with a brush and I fell in love.
At home, I swipe the stick on my chin and forehead and then blend it onto my skin with a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. The Buffing Brush works well as well. I don't know if its because of the product or because of the brushes but I have no problem blending it. I was very lucky because the foundation matched my skin tone so well that no one can tell I'm wearing any makeup. It also gives a healthy glow and makes my face look kind of golden.
The product can stick a bit on dry patches but I never had that problem if I moisturized. It also shines a bit by mid day around my forehead but a little powdering fixes that. My biggest complaint about the product is that sometimes it oxidizes(why it happens sometimes I don't know, couldn't really pin point what goes wrong in those day.)
Once I got excited and tried to use the stick as foundation but it was way too heavy and looked like paste on my face. I would not recommend it to be used on the whole face as a foundation.
I give this product 4/5 as a concealer. I took off one star because it is expensive but it lasts a long time so I think it's a good investment. The packaging is chic and easy to carry around.

on 4/22/2014 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I originally bought the foundation stick about a week before the new formula came out, and, while the product performed well and gave me good coverage as at the time I was suffering from moderate acne (I was swiping the stick across the skin and blending with fingers), I told myself I would go for another product next time. I was very impressed at the range of shades as I got a perfect match for my super-pale skin, and it didn't highlight my extra dry areas, but then again it didn't feel very moisturising and had no SPF.

I had about half an inch of the product left after months of use so that was good but then I went shopping anyway and ended up at the Bobbi Brown counter in Harvey Nichols where the same woman who served me and did my makeup the first time I ventured into a Bobbi Brown stand was there, and talked to me about other products, but the packaging of the old foundation stick put me off; the lid would come off for no reason, getting dirty in my makeup bag, and the bobbi brown logo scratched off very easily, but the new tube has a snugger fit cap, but the logo still feels the same.
The new formula, however, is more matte than the old stick, but looks extremely natural (applied by swiping Tom Ford foundation brush over stick then to skin). So, I bought it again, and am so happy I did.

The texture is creamy, and rather thick. People tend to exaggerate the difficulty with blending this product, it isn't that hard. Think Soleil Tan de Chanel texture. Its scent is inoffensive, and it gives a low-moderate coverage at first, but can be built to super high coverage. For higher coverage I recommend using a foundation brush, and for more sheer coverage, apply with fingers.

Overall, I think its a wonder product, and will be a staple product in my makeup bag for a very very long time.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Okay. This is not for oily skin. At all.
Maybe in winter but in the summer its...its ugly! I even used a primer and it separated on me and I've never had a foundation separate on my face...not even drugstore foundations so yeah....I guess not everything in the beautiful world of sephora is good (*heart breaks)

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This foundation was just re formulated and I got this new version. No experience with the previous one. I love this foundation! The packaging is clean and sleek and definitely portable. Great for touch ups throughout the day if needed. I was hesitant to buy a stick foundation thinking it would go on thick and would look so obvious on my dry, slightly combination skin but no, it's creamy and glides on very smoothly. I don't wear this all over my face, just where I need it. Mostly on and around the nose and chin area. I have light skin with yellow undertones and number 2.5 is perfect for me. The makeup artist who tested the shades used the bb foundation brush but I could see streaking. Maybe if I were to do it myself I wouldn't see streaks, but at home I use my fingers. It's quick and clean. Doesn't accentuate pores and does not oxidize.
Pros
Easy to take with you
Buildable coverage
Great shade selection
Great for dry, normal or slightly combo skin
Looks like your skin just better
Cons
Expensive
Not good for oily skin

I will definitely repurchase but this will probably last me a long time!

on 3/18/2014 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I find it very difficult to find my perfect colour in foundations, but I found it with BB's line I bought the shade Golden. It blends in so well, the coverage is great (medium to full). HOWEVER! it lasts about 2 hours on my skin especially my oily T-zone so i was very disappointed. This foundation would be great for those with drier skin.
I bought it for £28..a total waste .

on 2/28/2014 10:44:00 PM

I am golden olive complexion yellow undertones and purchased the Warm Natural color. The creme stick glides on easily and is a great portable alternative to clunky compacts and bottles. You could sheer it out bu adding 1-2 strokes on each section of the face. Or for more coverage, add a second layer. I used ot with a beauty blender sponge and it applied beautifully and flawlessly. It cost $44. I believe it will be worth it because it will last at least 3-4 months

on 2/3/2014 11:53:00 PM

Once I figured out how to apply this, it looked amazing and after 2 weeks of using this, my skin got clearer and more radiant. To attempt to put it on like the L'Oreal Quickstick will make you feel like you are smearing lipstick on your face...lipstick that won't blend in and slides right off. I need to pick up the BB foundation brush. In the meantime, I found a synthetic ELF brush works great (a natural brush I have just sucked up the product). I set this with BB powder and it lasts for hours. I tend to get oily around 6 hours no matter if I am using primer, long wearing makeup etc. In fact, long wearing makeup wreaked havoc on my skin with redness, dryness, oily patches, and constant breakouts. This amazing stick is really easy to reapply and set with powder without getting cakey (like MAC). Even when I am a little oily, it makes me look more dewy than greasy. I haven't had any problem removing this and my coworkers keep telling me my makeup and my skin look amazing. Honestly, I think I even look a little younger since my makeup isn't settling into my lines and drying out my skin anymore. I also agree with BB that yellow based colors look better. I have this in Warm Sand, the concealer stick in sand, and the setting powder (can't remember the shade). It feels a tad too dark, but only because I am used to being completely mismatched. I've been MAC pro longwear NC15, NW 15, Estee Lauder DL Ecru, Lancome teint idole Ivoire N, etc. I have noticed a teensy bit of oxidation but nothing worth trying a lighter shade and definitely not as bad as MAC or Estee Lauder. I love this stuff and it's definitely worth heading to a BB counter to try it.

on 1/15/2014 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

A Bobbi Brown artist tried this on me at a counter, per her recommendation. This foundation is medium to full coverage, matte, and they have a really good color range. However, I don't think this foundation is for me since I only need light coverage and it looked flat on me. I felt that the finish actually aged me. I was happy that I was able to try out this foundation, as it was my first Bobbi Brown foundation. I will not purchase.

on 1/4/2014 3:25:00 PM

This product has its uses, but as an all over the face foundation? No.

I have it in Porcelain which is very pale- but the next shade up was far too yellow.

I use it for touch ups during the day. The asst recommended it for that rather than for all over coverage.

It's quite sticky and having tried it all over my face, alone, it feels sticky and like wearing concealer!

Great over a dewy foundation for extra coverage on your T-zone , and it does last, but on its own it's hard to blend without really pulling your skin.

on 12/30/2013 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I purchased warm almond (6.5) about a month ago and have received nothing but "beautiful skin" compliments since. I believe the negative reviews are due to improper application (i.e. Oil-free/water based moisturizer and/or primer can cause an oil based foundation to separate). I have combination skin, my T-Zone is extremely oily and dry cheek/under eye area. I find that Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier (setting powder) products work well together. Note: I've tried MAC studio fix and wanted to love it but the product was just to harsh on my skin. I find myself apply Bobbi Brown daily having never been a big make up type in the past. It looks and feels so good on my skin its like I want to wear it.