December 21, 2014 | 854 users online

Stick - Bobbi Brown - Foundation Stick [DISCONTINUED]

Note: This Product has been reformulated under the name "Skin Foundation Stick"

Please find the new listing here:

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by harajukuboy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I originally bought the foundation stick about a week before the new formula came out, and, while the product performed well and gave me good coverage as at the time I was suffering from moderate acne (I was swiping the stick across the skin and blending with fingers), I told myself I would go for another product next time. I was very impressed at the range of shades as I got a perfect match for my super-pale skin, and it didn't highlight my extra dry areas, but then again it didn't feel very moisturising and had no SPF.

I had about half an inch of the product left after months of use so that was good but then I went shopping anyway and ended up at the Bobbi Brown counter in Harvey Nichols where the same woman who served me and did my makeup the first time I ventured into a Bobbi Brown stand was there, and talked to me about other products, but the packaging of the old foundation stick put me off; the lid would come off for no reason, getting dirty in my makeup bag, and the bobbi brown logo scratched off very easily, but the new tube has a snugger fit cap, but the logo still feels the same.
The new formula, however, is more matte than the old stick, but looks extremely natural (applied by swiping Tom Ford foundation brush over stick then to skin). So, I bought it again, and am so happy I did.

The texture is creamy, and rather thick. People tend to exaggerate the difficulty with blending this product, it isn't that hard. Think Soleil Tan de Chanel texture. Its scent is inoffensive, and it gives a low-moderate coverage at first, but can be built to super high coverage. For higher coverage I recommend using a foundation brush, and for more sheer coverage, apply with fingers.

Overall, I think its a wonder product, and will be a staple product in my makeup bag for a very very long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by miniequalcrzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay. This is not for oily skin. At all.
Maybe in winter but in the summer its...its ugly! I even used a primer and it separated on me and I've never had a foundation separate on my face...not even drugstore foundations so yeah....I guess not everything in the beautiful world of sephora is good (*heart breaks)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 6:54:00 AM More reviews by MaddyLanechange

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation was just re formulated and I got this new version. No experience with the previous one. I love this foundation! The packaging is clean and sleek and definitely portable. Great for touch ups throughout the day if needed. I was hesitant to buy a stick foundation thinking it would go on thick and would look so obvious on my dry, slightly combination skin but no, it's creamy and glides on very smoothly. I don't wear this all over my face, just where I need it. Mostly on and around the nose and chin area. I have light skin with yellow undertones and number 2.5 is perfect for me. The makeup artist who tested the shades used the bb foundation brush but I could see streaking. Maybe if I were to do it myself I wouldn't see streaks, but at home I use my fingers. It's quick and clean. Doesn't accentuate pores and does not oxidize.
Pros
Easy to take with you
Buildable coverage
Great shade selection
Great for dry, normal or slightly combo skin
Looks like your skin just better
Cons
Expensive
Not good for oily skin

I will definitely repurchase but this will probably last me a long time!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by yali22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I find it very difficult to find my perfect colour in foundations, but I found it with BB's line I bought the shade Golden. It blends in so well, the coverage is great (medium to full). HOWEVER! it lasts about 2 hours on my skin especially my oily T-zone so i was very disappointed. This foundation would be great for those with drier skin.
I bought it for £28..a total waste .

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by babysinclair24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this foundation from the Bobbi Brown counter at Lord & Taylor after a bridal makeup lesson in preparation for my wedding.

I normally don't mind paying more for a great face product but at $44, this is definitely expensive.

The packaging is chic and minimalist. I like that I can stand it up flat on my vanity. It's also easy to store in my makeup bag because the size is compact. I've had no problems getting the product out while applying it.

I don't rely too heavily on this product. I don't bother using it if I am using my BB cream (Lumene). Something that I learned from the bridal makeup lessons - SPF causes flash back in photography. To avoid this, while still getting the no-makeup makeup look that I enjoy from a BB cream, I used the Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base (basically a moisturizer and primer in one) with this foundation dabbed over any imperfections. I still use this method if I am going out at night because I don't need the SPF anyway.

I am pleased with the results. The foundation covers imperfections easily and blends effectively, resulting in a natural-looking flawless finish. I would recommend that moisturizing before using this product is important because it can tend to be a little dry without it, depending on your skin type.

This is a decent product that does its job but I still don't think I would repurchase it. It's too expensive. I don't think I need to spend $44 on something that I barely rely on especially where there are similar, less expensive products on the market that do the job just as effectively.

I give this product a 3 because it works but it's nothing special, especially for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Vibrant77

I am golden olive complexion yellow undertones and purchased the Warm Natural color. The creme stick glides on easily and is a great portable alternative to clunky compacts and bottles. You could sheer it out bu adding 1-2 strokes on each section of the face. Or for more coverage, add a second layer. I used ot with a beauty blender sponge and it applied beautifully and flawlessly. It cost $44. I believe it will be worth it because it will last at least 3-4 months

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by serena44

Once I figured out how to apply this, it looked amazing and after 2 weeks of using this, my skin got clearer and more radiant. To attempt to put it on like the L'Oreal Quickstick will make you feel like you are smearing lipstick on your face...lipstick that won't blend in and slides right off. I need to pick up the BB foundation brush. In the meantime, I found a synthetic ELF brush works great (a natural brush I have just sucked up the product). I set this with BB powder and it lasts for hours. I tend to get oily around 6 hours no matter if I am using primer, long wearing makeup etc. In fact, long wearing makeup wreaked havoc on my skin with redness, dryness, oily patches, and constant breakouts. This amazing stick is really easy to reapply and set with powder without getting cakey (like MAC). Even when I am a little oily, it makes me look more dewy than greasy. I haven't had any problem removing this and my coworkers keep telling me my makeup and my skin look amazing. Honestly, I think I even look a little younger since my makeup isn't settling into my lines and drying out my skin anymore. I also agree with BB that yellow based colors look better. I have this in Warm Sand, the concealer stick in sand, and the setting powder (can't remember the shade). It feels a tad too dark, but only because I am used to being completely mismatched. I've been MAC pro longwear NC15, NW 15, Estee Lauder DL Ecru, Lancome teint idole Ivoire N, etc. I have noticed a teensy bit of oxidation but nothing worth trying a lighter shade and definitely not as bad as MAC or Estee Lauder. I love this stuff and it's definitely worth heading to a BB counter to try it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A Bobbi Brown artist tried this on me at a counter, per her recommendation. This foundation is medium to full coverage, matte, and they have a really good color range. However, I don't think this foundation is for me since I only need light coverage and it looked flat on me. I felt that the finish actually aged me. I was happy that I was able to try out this foundation, as it was my first Bobbi Brown foundation. I will not purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by yummymummy2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product has its uses, but as an all over the face foundation? No.

I have it in Porcelain which is very pale- but the next shade up was far too yellow.

I use it for touch ups during the day. The asst recommended it for that rather than for all over coverage.

It's quite sticky and having tried it all over my face, alone, it feels sticky and like wearing concealer!

Great over a dewy foundation for extra coverage on your T-zone , and it does last, but on its own it's hard to blend without really pulling your skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 7:39:00 AM More reviews by Cherie2378

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased warm almond (6.5) about a month ago and have received nothing but "beautiful skin" compliments since. I believe the negative reviews are due to improper application (i.e. Oil-free/water based moisturizer and/or primer can cause an oil based foundation to separate). I have combination skin, my T-Zone is extremely oily and dry cheek/under eye area. I find that Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier (setting powder) products work well together. Note: I've tried MAC studio fix and wanted to love it but the product was just to harsh on my skin. I find myself apply Bobbi Brown daily having never been a big make up type in the past. It looks and feels so good on my skin its like I want to wear it.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No